ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 3:29 pm

Correct, the hedsculpt is Cy Girls AJ MacLeod, though she no longer has the original body she has in the blue dress. With her sculpt aging well as opposed to most older sculpts, she was an ideal candidate for a seamless body upgrade.

I've never regretted discarding the old Takara 1.0 body in favor of a semaless, and it gave new life to AJ who with the older articulated body was awesome some 30 years back, but progress in figures and my desire for some measure of realism in my figure posing, meant I wanted her more current and she remains one of my favorites. I think I paid $20.00 - $40.00 back in the day, as Cy Girls were all over eBay, and cheap. Though back then she seemed expensive.
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 3:36 pm

I too have re-bodied many older female sculpts bounce bounce

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 3:40 pm

Figures are progressing so fast since the introduction of Phicen's semaless figures, and they've stood up to regular use, far better thgen the older articulated figures which I've found tend to get brittle over time, and let's face it just don't look and pose like the current ones do. MOst ealeir sculpts just looked too doll like, and the current one's look far more realisitic. AJ is one of the few I feel still has that look and carries over well. I'm biased, but I always felt AJ was an exepectional sculpt. Even with the newer ones, AJ is still one of my favorites. You'll see her in a lot of my photos as she photographs well.
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 3:45 pm

SixthShooter wrote:
Figures are progressing so fast since the introduction of Phicen's semaless figures, and they've stood up to regular use, far better thgen the older articulated figures which I've found tend to get brittle over time, and let's face it just don't look and pose like the current ones do. MOst ealeir sculpts just looked too doll like, and the current one's look far more realisitic. AJ is one of the few I feel still has that look and carries over well. I'm biased, but I always felt AJ was an exepectional sculpt. Even with the newer ones, AJ is still one of my favorites. You'll see her in a lot of my photos as she photographs well.

Yeah, A.J had a great look, for me Electra was my fave, I still have her, re-rooted and tbl'd! bounce 

VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 49683598757_819f5a8d93_cElectra Shadows by Dal Lee, on Flickr

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 6:30 pm

Yes, the Electra/Ruby Sculpt was one of my faves, and still work. I have one of the many 'Ruby' clones based on Electra. Still have her, though the photo, is early stuff, and a little dated, but she still works ok. I think Cy Girls were some of the first and best for sculpts of that era. They were cutting edge when released, but sadly grew dated as newer sculpts hit the market.

Here's an older photo of her.

VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 LCIPume
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 9:19 pm

Very cool! I agree, at the time the CY were the best. I must admit I did trim the neck down on the tbl I used for Electra, but yours looks to have worked really well! Very Happy

Action Soldier
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 9:51 pm

SixthShooter wrote:
Yes, the Electra/Ruby Sculpt was one of my faves, and still work.  I have one of the many 'Ruby' clones based on Electra. Still have her, though the photo, is early stuff, and a little dated, but she still works ok. I think Cy Girls were some of the first and best for sculpts of that era. They were cutting edge when released, but sadly grew dated as newer sculpts hit the market.

Here's an older photo of her.

VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 LCIPume

First off, fantastic work! That detail behind the sink with the ice and the lime is amazing!

Also I agree, I loved Electra/Ruby. I think I had her several times over. I got two when they reissued the Cool Girl Ruby. I'd love to see Cy Girls make a come back.

Bloody Rose was brilliant too.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 12:33 am

Cy girls were huge when they were first/finally released. I can remember waiting for weeks (months?). Originally based on
figures from Japan, Takara(?)

AJ was always a favorite and I agree, she still looks good today.

VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Dscf0016

also a big Blaze fan

can't seem to find a good pic of Blaze at the moment...

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 4:26 pm

I like your version of AJ. It's funny how many see her as somehow mean or evil. I never did, and I think I still have a little 1/6 crush on her. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6   VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VooDoo, a Blues Bar in 1/6
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Dioramas & Models :: 1/6 Scale Dioramas & Models-
Jump to: