ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures
 
HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
inntruderr61
Moderator
inntruderr61

Posts : 7871
Join date : 2012-11-27
Age : 60
Location : Pennsylvania USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 1:56 am

Fantastic photo... cheers So lucky to have a childhood pic with Joe... cheers

_________________
JIM...  
Back to top Go down
Jim Beard
New Recruit
Jim Beard

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-02-09
Location : Ohio, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 2:02 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Fantastic photo... cheers  So lucky to have a childhood pic with Joe... cheers

Thanks, and yes. I thank goodness the pic was taken and it survived all these years.

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/author/jimbeard
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

Posts : 2762
Join date : 2018-03-22
Location : South-Central Utah, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 2:14 am

My brother had one of the astronauts. I remember him wanting one when he saw it in a small store, and my grandparents purchased it for him. That astronaut sat on a windowsill in my grandparents' house... forever, basically. It was the "Walking, Case in Left Hand" figure in white.

When I was very young, a pair of brothers who lived next door had the 6-inch Marx cowboys. I remember being especially intrigued by the "getting shot" guy. He was clutching his chest, and there was actually an exit wound through his torn vest in his back! Can you imagine toys like that being made today?

I've never seen, or even seen pictures of, the "shot with arrow" figures pictured at that link! Marx made some amazing stuff!

I recall there was actually a highly detailed stagecoach available in the same scale. The neighbor kids had that set, too.

Some of those Marx figure designs were replicated in smaller scale, "green army man" scale.

The MPC (Multiple Plastics Corporation) astronauts, and knock-offs of the MPC astronauts, were the most frequently seen when I was a kid on the west coast in the States:

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 6514504113_d726da56ea_z

_________________
... DAVE
Back to top Go down
Jim Beard
New Recruit
Jim Beard

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-02-09
Location : Ohio, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 10:37 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
My brother had one of the astronauts. I remember him wanting one when he saw it in a small store, and my grandparents purchased it for him. That astronaut sat on a windowsill in my grandparents' house... forever, basically. It was the "Walking, Case in Left Hand" figure in white.

When I was very young, a pair of brothers who lived next door had the 6-inch Marx cowboys. I remember being especially intrigued by the "getting shot" guy. He was clutching his chest, and there was actually an exit wound through his torn vest in his back! Can you imagine toys like that being made today?

I've never seen, or even seen pictures of, the "shot with arrow" figures pictured at that link! Marx made some amazing stuff!

I recall there was actually a highly detailed stagecoach available in the same scale. The neighbor kids had that set, too.

Some of those Marx figure designs were replicated in smaller scale, "green army man" scale.

The MPC (Multiple Plastics Corporation) astronauts, and knock-offs of the MPC astronauts, were the most frequently seen when I was a kid on the west coast in the States:



Though I never had any of the 6" Marx figures as a kid (besides the astronauts) I've become intrigued by them now and started collecting them. My rule is that I have to find them "in the wild," not on eBay or whatever.

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/author/jimbeard
Wolf_Soldier64
Moderator
Wolf_Soldier64

Posts : 2756
Join date : 2012-11-12
Age : 56
Location : Reading, Berkshire

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 11:23 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Fantastic photo... cheers  So lucky to have a childhood pic with Joe... cheers

Jim can you see in Jim beards photo of the shuttle has a yellow back inside like yours Jim Smile

_________________
Its better to Burn out than fade away
Back to top Go down
Jim Beard
New Recruit
Jim Beard

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-02-09
Location : Ohio, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 1:29 pm

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:
Fantastic photo... cheers  So lucky to have a childhood pic with Joe... cheers

Jim can you see in Jim beards photo of the shuttle has a yellow back inside like yours Jim Smile

Wolf, I apologize, but I'm not sure what you mean.

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/author/jimbeard
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13836
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 48
Location : Birmingham, England

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 1:32 pm

Jim Beard wrote:
Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:
Fantastic photo... cheers  So lucky to have a childhood pic with Joe... cheers

Jim can you see in Jim beards photo of the shuttle has a yellow back inside like yours Jim Smile

Wolf, I apologize, but I'm not sure what you mean.

Jim

I think he may have been asking the other Jim cheers

_________________
An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Blondeactionman-Sig-Copy
Back to top Go down
Jim Beard
New Recruit
Jim Beard

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-02-09
Location : Ohio, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 1:35 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Jim Beard wrote:
Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:
Fantastic photo... cheers  So lucky to have a childhood pic with Joe... cheers

Jim can you see in Jim beards photo of the shuttle has a yellow back inside like yours Jim Smile

Wolf, I apologize, but I'm not sure what you mean.

Jim

I think he may have been asking the other Jim cheers

Okay, and I see now he might mean the inside back piece of the capsule. if so, yeah, mine had a yellowish back (but it didn't glow in the dark).

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/author/jimbeard
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Posts : 13836
Join date : 2012-11-07
Age : 48
Location : Birmingham, England

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 1:38 pm

Jim Beard wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
Jim Beard wrote:
Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:
Fantastic photo... cheers  So lucky to have a childhood pic with Joe... cheers

Jim can you see in Jim beards photo of the shuttle has a yellow back inside like yours Jim Smile

Wolf, I apologize, but I'm not sure what you mean.

Jim

I think he may have been asking the other Jim cheers

Okay, and I see now he might mean the inside back piece of the capsule. if so, yeah, mine had a yellowish back (but it didn't glow in the dark).

Jim

Not a problem Jim! The one I had as a kid was blue Very Happy

_________________
An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Blondeactionman-Sig-Copy
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Moderator
Wolf_Soldier64

Posts : 2756
Join date : 2012-11-12
Age : 56
Location : Reading, Berkshire

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 1:46 pm

No problem Jim,

I should have explained a little better, the other Jim (inntruderr61) said in another posted topic about the yellow back bit in his shuttle, as ours over here was blue in the cockpit of the shuttle,



_________________
Its better to Burn out than fade away
Back to top Go down
Jim Beard
New Recruit
Jim Beard

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-02-09
Location : Ohio, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2021 2:01 pm

Wolf_Soldier64 wrote:
No problem Jim,

I should have explained a little better, the other Jim (inntruderr61) said in another posted topic about the yellow back bit in his shuttle, as ours over here was blue in the cockpit of the shuttle,

Ah, right, understood! Gotta love those differences!

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/author/jimbeard
Jim Beard
New Recruit
Jim Beard

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-02-09
Location : Ohio, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Hey, guys, I want to thank everyone here for the warm welcome and the conversation. Makes an old Joe dude like me feel at home.

If anyone has any questions about DC JONES, please lemme know!

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/author/jimbeard
ActionYankee
Moderator
ActionYankee

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2016-08-27
Age : 24
Location : North of Mexico, South of Canada

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 4:10 pm

I'm almost through the first short story (Tomb), and I'm already a huge fan.

I will leave a review upon reading all three stories.

I do have a question about the ACI crew, do they all have unique faces? Or do they eerily share the same two?

_________________
An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Ay-sig

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Jim Beard
New Recruit
Jim Beard

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-02-09
Location : Ohio, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 4:17 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
I'm almost through the first short story (Tomb), and I'm already a huge fan.

I will leave a review upon reading all three stories.

I do have a question about the ACI crew, do they all have unique faces? Or do they eerily share the same two?

Thank you! And great question - In that universe, they all have their own distinct faces, though they all eerily share the same scar...

Back when it was an official Adventure Team story, I made this page to give people a better idea of who was who among in correlation to the action figures:

http://sgtjanus.blogspot.com/2015/03/an-adventure-team-fiction-primer.html

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/author/jimbeard
ActionYankee
Moderator
ActionYankee

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2016-08-27
Age : 24
Location : North of Mexico, South of Canada

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 4:24 pm

Ah, so everyone lines up how I imagined.

_________________
An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Ay-sig

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
ActionYankee
Moderator
ActionYankee

Posts : 1499
Join date : 2016-08-27
Age : 24
Location : North of Mexico, South of Canada

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 5:44 pm

This is my favorite new thing to come out of this hobby in a loooong time.

_________________
An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Ay-sig

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Jim Beard
New Recruit
Jim Beard

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-02-09
Location : Ohio, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2021 6:03 pm

ActionYankee wrote:
This is my favorite new thing to come out of this hobby in a loooong time.

Well, damn, I'm honored cheers it's been tuff getting the word out on the book and audiobook, so this is very gratifying to see.

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/author/jimbeard
Jim Beard
New Recruit
Jim Beard

Posts : 23
Join date : 2021-02-09
Location : Ohio, USA

An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2021 12:19 pm

Two DC JONES updates:

I got a wonderful review on the audiobook here:

https://www.audible.com/pd/DC-Jones-and-Adventure-Command-International-Audiobook/1645552853

And a new review on the book itself here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2GCCEJPGMFPMG

Wow!

Jim
Back to top Go down
http://www.amazon.com/author/jimbeard
Sponsored content




An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book   An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
An Ode to the Adventure Team in My New Book
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Ammo Shout Outs & Announcements-
Jump to: