ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tin-Plate Vespa!

Go down 
+2
gibri
LeStryge
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 4:38 am

Dave has shown off his amazing highly detailed Vespa and I happened to notice this little tin-plate model sitting on a display shelf at my favourite Italian coffee place. (They have a REAL one parked inside too!)
Anyway, I persuaded the owner to part with this one for a day or two so I could get a photo. 
Now I do realise it's a very simple version and not quite 1/6 scale but I think it works well for an Italian flavoured pic.

So here's my bloke sitting on his scooter waiting for his date to arrive.

Tin-Plate Vespa! Hj9rNX

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 4:48 am

Great shot Barry!!!

Nice of that Cafe owner to loan you the bike.

cheers bounce cheers

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 5:15 am

gibri wrote:
Great shot Barry!!!

cheers  bounce  cheers
I push more than enough money through his till ....!!!

Admin
gibri

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 6:07 am

LeStryge wrote:
gibri wrote:
Great shot Barry!!!

cheers  bounce  cheers
I push more than enough money through his till ....!!!

Yeah, I thought as much. lol!
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 6:48 am

First... I'm delighted to learn that an Italian-style coffee shop is open for business! Is everything normal there? Or is it some psychotic version of New Normal?

Very kind of the proprietors to trust you with their treasure! Did you explain what you wanted it for? Will you now be known as the eccentric bloke who photographs dolls?

Nice job on the photo! Seamless blending with the background. It's either the most impressive diorama I've seen, or a very nice combination of foreground objects seamlessly blended with a background image.

As for the size of the scooter, it looks fine to me! Those old Vespas are surprisingly tiny! I think this one looks fine. It has a nice "grungy" patina to it.

This image captures the general sense of place I pictured when I read Vroom with a View by Peter Moore, a travelogue book about a tour through Italy on a 1961 Vespa motor scooter.

LeStryge

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 6:53 am

Thanks to both of you Dal and Brian.
I sat looking at the thing for a couple of visits, trying to imagine if it would work in 1/6.  
It has some sort of an "antique wash" over it already so there was no need to dirty it up.
Anything tin-plate seems to have a "collectable" look to it. 
Glad you like it, because it has nowhere near the authenticity of Dave's great model.

Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 10:09 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Very kind of the proprietors to trust you with their treasure! Did you explain what you wanted it for? Will you now be known as the eccentric bloke who photographs dolls?

Nice job on the photo! Seamless blending with the background. It's either the most impressive diorama I've seen, or a very nice combination of foreground objects seamlessly blended with a background image.

Great photo! I too am curious about what the proprietors thought of your request. And about the impressive diorama. You always seem to have
the most impressive dioramas!

Back to top Go down
Chip
Sabotage
Chip

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 12:56 pm

Great photo and setting , and I like the look of the Vespa , looks vintage .

No Face Fan.

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2021 2:37 pm

I’m really liking the picture and setting is brilliant.

LeStryge

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2021 12:14 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Did you explain what you wanted it for? Will you now be known as the eccentric bloke who photographs dolls?
Maybe people now just accept that I'm somewhat "eccentric" (well that's my kinder word for it) and just go along with any requests?  lol!
He knows I'll bring it back.

And yes Dave! Here in NSW everything is open for business as normal.
Quite rare to see any masks.

Tin-Plate Vespa! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tin-Plate Vespa!   Tin-Plate Vespa! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tin-Plate Vespa!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes & Random Pictures.-
Jump to: