ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Didier
Painted Head

Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Empty
PostSubject: Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add   Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 6:05 pm

Eventhough 2 of the pictures are pictures of my own collection, I'm not selling.
This seller is very impolite to say the least.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-1990s-Hasbro-Retro-Vintage-12-Action-Man-Character-Figure-Doll-Collection/264707128402?hash=item3da1c63c52:g:g8QAAOSweVZekHV5
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
Ski Patrol
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add   Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 11:58 pm

I hate people like that!
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add   Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 5:27 am

You could send a message to eBay, including a link to the listing and a link to your own image. Let them know the image was used without permission. They will usually remove the listing and warn the seller about such practices.

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add   Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 8:06 am

You should complain to ebay D!

Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add   Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 8:38 am

I have reported to Ebay but not sure it will be followed because on the french version of Ebay, you cannot report an item.  I had to report the seller with inapropriate automatic Q&A to fill in.
I'll see.

The misleading thing, IMO, is that he uses VAM pictures for MAM selling.
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add   Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 7:32 pm

Hi D, when I saw the photos I thought I had seen them before, but I could remember where,

Now I know.......

Action Soldier
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add   Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 6:39 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
I hate people like that!

So do I. I've seen auctions before that had the same photos.
And I've seen some sellers put their usernames over their photos,
probably for the same reason.

But I REALLY hate photo theft.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add   Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 6:59 am

These days, sellers upload their images directly to eBay. Back in the "olden days" sellers had to host images themselves. One time I found a seller using some of my images, "hot linking" directly to my hosted images. What did I do? I uploaded different images using the same URL – some of the most vile, disgusting pictures I could find online. This, of course, changed the images in the listing to the new images.
Twisted Evil

Can't do that anymore, though.

I have also had sellers copy my item descriptions word for word. That was back when I used to write very detailed descriptions. No point in bothering with that anymore, as most buyers are using mobile phones and they don't bother reading the item descriptions.

eBay is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

PostSubject: Re: Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add   Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shameless Ebay seller using pictures of my own collection in his add
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Stores :: For Sale/Trade - Everything Must Go!-
Jump to: