ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Voodoo electrical...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

Voodoo electrical... Empty
PostSubject: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 9:25 pm

Todays project was to start the electrical details. Installed an alarm panel, sensors, outlets, and a few wall switches. I think it adds dimension to the Diorama...

Voodoo electrical... 4VsYmNX
Voodoo electrical... O2hm55z
Voodoo electrical... 0d4Gg9A
Voodoo electrical... WyqpECw

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 9:32 pm

Those are really cool! did you make them yourself?

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 9:54 pm

Scaled down from internet photos and transferred to Avery adhesive page protectors so they are removable. ;-)

Back to top Go down
Chip
Medic
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 10:36 pm

All those extra little details make a world of difference.....as if it wasn`t a work of art already . Wink

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 10:47 pm

Thank you Sir. I am all about the details, seems every time I pause to look at Voodoo, something new suggests itself.
Back to top Go down
Rogue-Trooper
French Resistance
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 11:22 pm

Oh wow. The dio is so realistic...it looks full size rather than 1/6th. Great work cheers cheers

I BLAME DAL lol!

Chris
Back to top Go down
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 11:25 pm

Thanks Chris, that's what I'm going for. ;-)
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Soldier
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 11:56 pm

This is really cool, I have seen people use small tubes for surface mounted conduits. This work is neater! 😉Rather company 5 stars on Google!
Back to top Go down
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 12:31 am

Adding some 'Edison' type lights over the bar. Still deciding how high to place them.

Voodoo electrical... 594DG5L

Voodoo electrical... 1MQqYcr

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 5:05 am

The visual success of any dio. seems to always come down to those little extra details rather than the massive build itself. They catch the eye and make the whole thing seem so much more realistic.

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 5:32 am

Those lights are too cool! Very industrial-modern, fitting the design of your build!

Placement is always a challenge. If you measure the height "true to scale," they'll probably look too high, and also won't show in most of your photos. It's the kind of thing you just have to eyeball.

I would hope there would be a way to make the height of the lights adjustable depending on what you need or want for the shot.

The electrical outlets are just print-outs? They look 3-D! That's amazing!

I love the storage tub labeled "stuff." Impressive how you down-scaled the tape and managed to create scale-appearing handwriting!

Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 6:21 am

Baron Samedi and snake was a nice touch and very much in keeping with your "voodoo" theme.

Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 10:41 am

I’m really liking the all the electrical details. Like the alarm panel, sensors and outlets. Your definitely thinking of everything here SixthShooter.

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 5:01 pm

If you look closely, you can see the storage tub actually holds 1/6 band items like spare cables, extra guitar strings, and the like.

The bar topper feature my 'Black Mamba 'Fang' who is taxidermy... or is he. All I know is we've never actually had to rely on the Alarm system...

Our last intruder died from sudden 'heart failure'  ;-)

Here's a shot of 'Fang' under construction before I did his fangs. ;-)

Voodoo electrical... PTm1Brd

Blondeactionman and gibri like this post

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 5:37 pm

that is so cool! bounce bounce

Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2021 9:36 pm

The Baron is well known for his enjoyment of alcoholic spirits and cigars. He's also fond of debauchery, so no doubt he would provide his protection for a bar.

I was very disappointed to learn that so-called black mambas aren't really black at all, but more of a lightish grey brown. 
Your version looks FAR better! 
Great bar feature that sets the theme!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2021 5:29 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
that is so cool! bounce bounce

Yeah...so cool!!!

cheers What a Face cheers
Back to top Go down
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2021 11:21 pm

I'm thinking the feared 'Black' (more greyish brown), Mamba is also more of a constrictor and as such non-venom fanged. I wanted my little crawler to have some teeth. ;-)

Here's the finished back bar topper...

Voodoo electrical... MKhV7UC
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 1:00 am

I afraid the famous Black Mamba is not a constrictor per se. but a fully fanged and HIGHLY venomous reptile. Agonising death in around 45 minutes?
It's rated on the net as being the second most deadly venomous snake but they have the cobra as number one and I happen to know the Australian Mulga snake is by far the deadliest snake on earth, having a massive input of highly lethal venom. A bite from it and you are as they say.....history  What a Face What a Face What a Face LONG before medical help arrives.

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 1:03 am

Good thing I equipped 'Fang' then as he sadly came with no 'bite' now he's a force to be reckoned with. There's something dark and sinister with him. Is he taxidermy? Or just mysteriously frozen when VooDoo is open?? Time will reveal all. ;-)
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 1:04 am

SixthShooter wrote:
Good thing I equipped 'Fang' then as he sadly came with no 'bite' now he's a force to be reckoned with. ;-)
Yes! He's the perfect voodoo accompaniment for Baron Samedi!

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 1:06 am

Indeed, and as a minion in this form, he can get into places unseen and unnoticed...
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 1:20 am

SixthShooter wrote:
Indeed, and as a minion in this form, he can get into places unseen and unnoticed...
..but probably not unfelt I'd imagine! lol!

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 1:22 am

They say the bite is painless... it's the venom that is agonizing. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voodoo electrical...   Voodoo electrical... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voodoo electrical...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Dioramas & Models :: 1/6 Scale Dioramas & Models-
Jump to: