ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When the Seats are all Empty...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

When the Seats are all Empty...  Empty
PostSubject: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 3:58 am

After close, the Band is all done...

When the Seats are all Empty...  AID6CZS

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Soldier
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 4:21 am

Are the drinks on the house? Also is the kitchen closed?
Back to top Go down
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 4:40 am

Kitchen is closed. Drinks are free. ;-)
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 5:17 am

That floor is just WAY too clean for after a gig!  lol!

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 5:19 am

Yeah it needs a little wear and tear, maybe some litter. ;-)
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 6:01 am

SixthShooter wrote:
Yeah it needs a little wear and tear, maybe some litter. ;-)
If you've ever seen a bar floor at the end of the night it's amazing the rubbish that's been deposited, as are the things you see.... Shocked

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 6:12 am

Having worked in a Bar as a doorman, I can see your point. In Canada with the no smoking in place for years now, with a polished concrete floor, and the type of Bar VooDoo is, the floor is not as messy as a more common Bar's floors might be. I'll give your critique some thought and maybe 'age' the floors a little, though VooDoo has been recently renovated, so is still pretty pristine.

Not so much the Bar top, which I managed to spill some resin on and now needs to be replaced as it was just paper. I made some drinks with the resin and it hadn't cured despite being over 24 hours. (Sigh)
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 7:53 am

Great photo Roy! good too see the band relaxing! bounce bounce bounce

Action Soldier
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 2:16 pm

Where I'm from, it's not the bar floor that is messy.

It's the men's room, where drunks had a problem with their "aim."

I've had to stand in odd positions to keep my feet out of the "puddle"
around the toilet. affraid

SixthShooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 2:39 pm

Yeah, it tends to be shorter than they think... ;-)
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 2:57 pm

I like the raised appearance of the posters on the wall, as though they are set out from the bricks by an inch. That “floating” look is very contemporary and modern, fitting with the style of the Voodoo Lounge.

Ski Patrol
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 4:13 pm

Great dio. Very nice posing.
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 10:19 pm

SixthShooter wrote:

Not so much the Bar top, which I managed to spill some resin on and now needs to be replaced as it was just paper. I made some drinks with the resin and it hadn't cured despite being over 24 hours. (Sigh)
Oh I too had a setback with resin drinks. 
I attempted to fill some previously clear 1/6 plastic glasses with a little coloured resin to simulate drink only to have it react very badly with the glasses and turn into a total disaster!

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 10:43 pm

Mine turned out looking really good, just don't seem to be curing as fast as I expected. Seemed simple enough, mix 1-1 add a little dye and Bob's your Uncle, draft beer. Some resins do create heat to cure and can simple melt plastics. This one was supposed to be a cold cure type, but not sure it was worth doing. They do look good though.

When the Seats are all Empty...  EDcTvVr

When the Seats are all Empty...  RO3E7Df

When the Seats are all Empty...  HxtDghj

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 10:59 pm

Yay! Major Mike's Atomic Ale has made it to the VooDoo club! bounce bounce bounce

Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Yours look a damned sight better than mine did!
The resin first turned my glasses completely opaque then tended to melt them altogether.
Unqualified disaster!

Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 12:05 am

I see what you did, there! You filled some of the glasses at an angle, so they look right when held at a "drinking" position! Excellent eye for detail!

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 12:06 am

I suspect you used the type of Resin that creates a lot of heat as it cures. Fatal on plastics. I did a quick test and went for it, mixing one glassful at a time. I'm not sure I'd bother with it again. Actually binned the remaining resin and dyes.

Last edited by SixthShooter on Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 12:41 am

Yeah Dave, and it was one of those that slipped and fell over causing the Bar damage. Though CCTV footage shows my doorman, Colm moved the bus pan of ice and beer it was leaning on....

When the Seats are all Empty...  PaSdCVN

Last edited by SixthShooter on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
Green Beret
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 12:46 am

So who's the doctor/scientist(?) in scrubs and lab coat who has recently joined you in your avatar! lol!

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 12:49 am

That's my GF's 'mini me' she's studying her MD, going to be a psychiatrist. I did up the figure for her so she can take it with her when she starts residency. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When the Seats are all Empty...    When the Seats are all Empty...  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When the Seats are all Empty...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Dioramas & Models :: 1/6 Scale Dioramas & Models-
Jump to: