ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eventful few weeks

Go down 
+3
LeStryge
SCU_HQ
Blondeactionman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
Landing Signal Officer
Sparkys6887

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 11:29 pm

Sooooo,

Hello everyone, just popping in to say hi. I'll hopefully have some time on my hands to upload some photos of my childhood troops in the next month. Why........

On February 17th I started to get some shooting pains in my stomach, there were low level pains with the occasional pain that actually made me cry. I'd been out earlier in the day with my four year old twins, and whilst I didn't feel right I had no idea what was going to happen.

Well later in the day I just felt so rough so I said to Sara, my wife I'm heading off to bed, decided to sleep in the spare room so not to disturb her, when she went to bed she checked on me, I was doubled up in pain and in tears.. I knew I needed help.

First thing on 18th I rang my Doctor who immediately said to go in. I got to the Doctor at 11.15 she examined me and sent me to A&E. A&E were amzing, I was pretty much out of it with pain by then so they got me on a trolley in a corridor which was fine, eventually a bay became available. I had the covid test, which was negative so I could have a CT Scan.. Had that about 4.30 within twenty minutes the surgical team came by and told me they were booking theatre space as I urgently needed surgery as my bowel was perforated and the contents on my bowel were in my stomach cavity, hence the pain. I went for surgery around 9.30, eryone was amazing. The anesthetist explained that I couldn't have the epidural because of my pre existing Neurological conditions and that I would have pain busters and morphine pump and to use it loads! It was also explained that I needed a colostomy bag, I wasn't exactly happy about that but it was life saving surgery, again!

So. Recovery has gone pretty well, there was a low point on the Saturday evening when a junior Doctor panicked and hadnt ever seen the pain busters or seen someone using a morphine pump as I was instructed to and she injected me with a medicine that reversed all the pain meds. It was like coming out of surgery without any pain control. My body was convulsing for about 30 minutes and I was in tears. The doctor apologised and the duty aneathetist was called and she got me back on the morphine.

I'm home now, it's a big adjustment for everyone and financially a challenge needing time off work to recover and being self employed is not great! My little twins are fascinated by the colostomy bag, especially Athena who has poked the poo! And chuckles when it farts.. She's also been interested in my scar, from my rib cage down through my belly button to just above my public area. The three older kids are a bit more weary as is my wife who has a poo phobia since childhood!

A huge thanks ro the NHS, was hard being in without visitors both iris and Athena little twins) cried lots because they were missing me, especially when I thought I was coming home and then it was delayed for four more days. All the staff were amazing, from cleaners, HCA's, student nurses, nurses, Stoma Nurses, Dr's and surgeons and all totally free at the point of delivery. I was in for two weeks and everyone was so kind.

Anyway, we are getting there!

Sorry for the long post!

Mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 8:04 am

Blimey sparky! you have been in the wars! good to know that you have been sorted and are now on the mend! get well soon buddy! bounce bounce bounce

Admin
SCU_HQ

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Wishing you a fast and full recovery! Hope you can get rid of the bag soon.
A relative had to have a bag for several months last year after they took out a huge chunk of infected colon. After he healed up they were able to go back in and hook up the plumbing again, good as new, and now he's back to better than normal. Hope that will be the case for you.

Nice of Junior Doctor to jump in and increase the agony. I wonder if they'll charge you extra for that little bonus? Rolling Eyes

So glad you can laugh about this! I would be freaking out.

AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 5:21 am

Sparky, you have my deepest sympathy regarding the pain. 
 I do hope you have healed enough now to have that bag removed and things have pretty much settled back to normal.
Again, my very best wishes for your recovery.

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sparkys6887 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 11:20 am

Wow Sparky and LeStryge!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the pain you guys have endured.

I'm very glad to hear that it has worked out for you!

I hope you mates are feeling a lot better, and that your
problems are behind you!

I'm no stranger to pain myself. I have osteoarthritis.
Luckily since my spine is now completely fused together, I don't
have the flare ups I used to have. Feeling like someone is
jabbing an ice pick into your spine is no picnic.

I hope you mates are feeling a lot better now.

Daryl

Sparkys6887 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Landing Signal Officer
Sparkys6887

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Sorry to hear of your struggled mate, Dr's need to listen to patients!!!

It's going to be a long recovery for me, looking at a year with the bag so long as healing goes well. I've a lot of pain and discomfort from bruising and scar tissue. Sad

I've Rheumatoid Arthritis and a rare Neurological condition too which complicates matters, I've had life saving surgery and interventions more times than I can remember and I don't want anymore!!!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 1:40 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Sparky!

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Back to top Go down
Chip
Sabotage
Chip

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Get well soon Sparky .

Landing Signal Officer
Sparkys6887

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2021 11:05 pm

So recovery still going well. I actually went back to work on Monday. My Doctor wanted to write me a sick note for another month but I told him I didn't think my landlord would accept that as payment. Monday was a nightmare. I was lieing on my office floor in tears, I really didn't think I could do it. The week picked up and now it's the weekend. I'm looking to treat myself to maybe some VAM stuff in the next few weeks, I need a reward!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 6:56 am

You certainly need a reward!

I hope things are going better for you now. Glad to hear the recovery is going well!

I hope you are feeling better!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry
somekindajoe

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2021 7:29 am

Shocked Sorry to hear this Mark but glad you're on the mend although it sounds like it will take some time.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Eventful few weeks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eventful few weeks   Eventful few weeks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eventful few weeks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: