ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere. Empty
PostSubject: Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere.   Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Tommy Gunn Nostalgia Editions.

Completely unlicensed, but with all the passion that VAM50 never got.

Cast TG heads by Mick Coxey, hand painted, or flocked (buyer's choice).

On a Cotswold body with either classic hands (Painted Head) or Action Hands (flocked head).

Dressed in a uniform with real pockets.

As close a helmet as can be found.

New Sterling SMG with signature curved magazine (3D printed?).

Lace up boots.

Repro box.

Dog tag?

Most of these items can be found on the interwebs, with a high percentage to be found at Cotswold.

Est. cost would be between 50 and 75 USD.

I want to point out that a large amount of the kit I outlined can be purchased on their own, and assembled.

Especially since authentic TG lace ups are hard to come by. VAM and VAM40 are out their, but I wouldn't know at what price point. Cots has a couple styles that would work, as low as 2.50 USD a pair depending on quantity.

I suggested functioning pockets over the original stitched variety, for added play value, and because 'implied' pockets are the epitome of useless, in my opinion. There are a handful of Green Fatigues on the market nowadays. Either through Cots, or on eBay from parted out sets from a thousand mysterious Chinese vendors.

I wouldn't even know where to start looking for new versions of TG's helmet, Sterlings are offered by Hobbycrash, though with stick mags. Dog Tags are another quandary.

Various people on FB and eBay are known and revered for their work at replicating boxes. I'm sure they would have a go at TG's box, if they haven't already.

This idea probably wont happen, as I don't have the means to make such a endeavor right now.

But it's fun to dream.

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere.   Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 8:58 am

Hi Action Yankee,

Are you saying these are available, or something you are wishing
would happen?

Back to top Go down
ActionYankee
Landing Signal Officer
ActionYankee

PostSubject: Re: Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere.   Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 11:01 am

Wishing.

It did occur to me last night to float the idea past the Wolf Pack HQ guys, maybe get a uniform made...

Want some GI Joe Adventure Team fun? Check out my Adventure Team Files Fan Site!
Back to top Go down
http://northernindependent.wixsite.com/n-i-films
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere.   Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 2:03 pm

I think your idea could take off as mentioned in chat , would be cheaper to use stuff already available I think . Making new gear will cost .

PostSubject: Re: Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere.   Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fun Tommy Gunn idea that won't go anywhere.
Page 1 of 1