ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ? Empty
PostSubject: What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ?   What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2021 8:31 am

What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics? I know we have members like blackbrazen and Colin who can create them kind of computer effects for us.

What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ?   What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 3:12 am

I have used such effects in the past and although they are created in the computer, they certainly can add to the dramatic effect. (Although I still appreciate the animated drawing of effects in graphic comics.) Drawing explosions, gunfire etc. is a skill, but if you mean photographed comics such as we do here on AMMO, then it would be very hard, and probably highly dangerous to achieve any other way.
So much of "our" comics are already created in the computer anyway, ....speech bubbles, sound effects etc. (Thank you "Comic Life"!)
It's an advance in technology and here to stay, although I would prefer it was used with some discretion.
"Effects" can so easily be overdone and then they over-power the story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ?   What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 4:19 pm

IMHO, we should use all of the tools available to us in our craft to create the illusion of miniature reality. Hollywood has used special effects for as long as there have been motion pictures from early matte painting, mirrors, miniatures, up to the mostly CGI we see today. Much as I miss the miniatures, huge detailed sets, and so forth I can see CGI as part of the progress and change. I'm not a huge fan of photoshopping everything into 1/6 but see it as a tool to be used sparingly where needed. Most of us already edit our photos by cropping and removing flaws, but if I simply added a generic Bar background over building the full set, I think my work would be a lot less fun. I prefer to work with my hands vs a computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ?   What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What’s your thoughts on seeing and including gun fire and bomb explosions computer effects in figure comics ?
Page 1 of 1