ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Henri Huet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Henri Huet  Empty
PostSubject: Henri Huet    Henri Huet  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 12:36 am

Henri Huet , Born of French farther and Vietnamese Mother . Henri joined the French Navy and learned photography with them . He ended up a combat photographer covering the French Vietnamese conflict Known as the Indo China war  . After the war Henri was discharged from the French Navy , but remained in South Vietnam as a civilian photographer , working for the U.S and French Governments . During the U.S involvement , he worked for both U.P.I and A.P . In February 1971 , Henri and some other Journalists including Larry Burrows , joined the OP commander who was in charge of the invasion from South Vietnam into Laos , to take a look at the battle front . The Vietnamese piloted Huey , got lost and flew over one of the most heavily defended parts of the Ho Chi Minh trail , and was shot down . There were no known survivors . Henri Was only forty two years old .

For My take on Henri , I scratch made the leather camera bag from an old leather wallet . The leather was glued to a card box , and I added the Pockets and straps , and the brass button catch . The wire in front pocket is a shutter release for the cameras , note book pencil and C-rat Toilet tissue placed in the second pocket also made from scratch . The Cameras are G.I joe re -worked , along with the 21st century toys webbing , and DML NAM pouches .

Henri Huet  1-P1120049

Henri Huet  2-P1120039

Henri Huet  3-P1120055

Henri Huet  4-P1120051

Some close ups of the camera bag .

Henri Huet  5bag-P1120057

Henri Huet  6bag-P1120056

Henri Huet  7-P1120054

Henri Huet  8-P1120048

With Larry Burrows , who I attempted earlier . And further group photos .

Henri Huet  9-P1120060

Henri Huet  10-P1120065

Henri Huet  11-P1120068

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

Henri Huet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Henri Huet    Henri Huet  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 12:49 am

Fantastic work, Chip!!!

Interesting piece of history and beautiful work on the leather bag! Good call using the wallet leather.

cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Henri Huet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Henri Huet    Henri Huet  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 8:00 am

Stunning Chip! Too see this guy develop from the photo you showed us on chat, to an actual figure is outstanding! The camera bag looks great! A very fitting tribute bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Henri Huet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Henri Huet    Henri Huet  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2021 11:34 pm

Henri Huet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Henri Huet    Henri Huet  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 12:58 am

Wonderful group emerging. 
I was just about to ask what sort of reference material you worked from.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Henri Huet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Henri Huet    Henri Huet  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 1:14 am

Many Thanks Barry , I more or less ran out of cameras now .

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Henri Huet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Henri Huet    Henri Huet  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 1:41 am

They just keep getting better! I think Henri is now my top fave among your impressively detailed and historically-based figures!

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Henri Huet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Henri Huet    Henri Huet  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2021 12:49 pm

Thanks Dave , I was pleased how he turned out in the end .

Henri Huet  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Henri Huet    Henri Huet  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Henri Huet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: