ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!

Go down 
+4
No Face Fan.
gibri
TNshooter
Blondeactionman
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Empty
PostSubject: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:08 pm

INTRODUCTION: This will be topic of My vintage action figure collection ranging from the 80s to the late 90s. A majority of them will be from Kenner as they were My favorite back in the day. IMO, they were the most perfect example of how great toys & action figures was in the 80s & 90s and that it was "THE ERA" to be a kid! I will feature many lines by Playmates & Mattel and various companies plus some bonus stuff & surprises regardless of chronological order of time of release. I will also provide some commentary and I will appreciate your reading of it as some of the moments is really special to  Very Happy

IMPORTANT NOTES: Since My collections are old and in storage, no series will be complete and pristine. I had played them a lot back then and accessories & parts are missing (if I find them later then I will re-post about that particular figure at a later date). They will look worn & will have scuff marks, paint rubbed off and the like. So, I will frequently as update this topic and will be upon the board about once a week or so!

Oh boy, here we go, here is the first of My vintage action collection and I thought that it would be very apropos that is would be none other than WILLOW, the 1988 fantasy action adventure like no other! IMO it was like a medieval Star Wars and you can clearly tell it was Lucas and I loved the musical score by James Horner, one of his absolute best IMO! When I was really young I loved all that was greatness about the 80s which was action, fantasy, sorcery, monsters, horror and the fun suff. So, I knew the Willow movie and its action figures was coming out soon. My Grandparents & Mom got Me all of them but two which I will post about that in time as well as some of My memories of the great series.

So, the series was made by Tonka, the then owner of Kenner. The figures IMO were beyond their time as they looked so realistic with great sculpting and looked movie accurate. They were real scale towards each other which I always love in action figures. They were only about 2" tall with metal stands however with exceptions some were different as you will see shortly. So, here will the lineup with many pics and features. I still have all of their cards which you will see in their entirety and so much more:D

THE NOCKMARR ARMY

The Death Dog: He was My first Willow figure EVER Shocked The stock @ My great Venture store was sold out of them at the time and it seemed like this poor figure was thrown around all over the toy isle as his card was so beat up. He was so torn that he was put on clearance time & time again and nobody was interested in him but Me! I was so happy that I got him and a Willow figure because Me & My Grandparents were going to see the film later THAT night at the show! They loved it especially My Grandpa. Yep, I took My Death Dog with Me and was playing with him in front of the screen. Such a great memory indeed.  

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Death_11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Death_10

Death Dog: So, stock was coming in Venture as well & K-Mart & K-B. Me was lucky enough to get the whole collection. First, I wanted a another Death Dog because of the scene in the beginning of the movie there were two of them so I had to get one more for an army builder to make that scene. He looks identical like the other one which is a really gruesome looking dog minus the torn-up card.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Death_12

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:10 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:09 pm

b]Queen Bavmorda:[/b] Ah, the true baddie of the film. Still to this day, IMO there has never been a villainess like her. I loved her character and her figure is really nice and detailed just like in the movie. I was really happy when I got her.  

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Queen_10

Sorsha with Horse: This is the version with a horse. She looks really good and much different than other standard figure as she was a bow & arrow riding her steed.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Sorsha10

General Kael: Oh man, My favorite character in the whole movie (he reminded of a medieval Darth Vader so much). I loved his voice. He was played by late great wrestler Pat Roach and he was one of My favorites. His figure's helmet, armor and sword looks so authentic. He is also the largest of all the standard figures as he should be.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Genera12

General Kael with Horse: A variant with a steed as part of the horse series. He looks nearly the same as his other version except that he is in a different position.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Genera11

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Nockmaar Lieutenant: He looks really good, I love the armor & the stance.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Nockma10

Nockmaar Lieutenant: Got another one not too long after the first for an army builder.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Nockma11

Nockmaar Warrior: Great looking soldier, I love his stance as well.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Nockma13

Nockmaar Warrior: Got him again for the same reason as the Nockmaar Lieutenant.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Nockma12

Nockmaar Warrior on Horse: Yes, he was My first Willow figure on a horse. This is how I originally found out about this steed series and I was tell'n My Grandma I gotta get the rest of them and I did. I only got one of this guy though, I think he was harder to find? I'm not sure. Anyway he looks really good and I love his sword.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Nockma14

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:11 pm

THE REBEL WARRIORS

Willow: Yes, the little man himself of the Nelwyns. He looks really good. Its such a great representation of the title character. I love the wand he has, again, it looks just like an actual miniature prop. Yep, a company related to Kenner made another Warwick "Wicket" Davis figure in the 80s!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Willow10

Madmartigan: Man, isn't he a great looking figure? I think the figure's resemblance is really great and his armor is dandy.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Madmar11

Madmartigan on horse: Basically the same greatness as the standard figure but this time with a horse as part of the steed series.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Madmar10

Sorsha: Now, unlike the other main characters that has standard & steed figures, Sorsha is the most unique because this time she has her great ridged blade sword and not her bow & arrow. I really like this difference as it brings a nearly totally new variant to the beautiful female warrior.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Sorsha11

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Airk Thaughbaer: He looks really good. I love that his sword gauntlet is just like it was seen in the movie. His armor is decent and I dig the style of the helmet. He has little detail on his face however but he still is very impressive.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Airk_t11

Airk Thaughbaer on horse: Like his counterparts, his steed version is just as good as the standard version just in a seated position but this time he is got a white horse!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Airk_t10

Rebel Trooper: Ah, one of the rebel soldiers. I loved their armor and style. Such a great looking figure indeed.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Rebel_11

Rebel Trooper: A duplicate as the other one for an army builder.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Rebel_10

High Aldwyn: Yes, a another of little Nelwyn people. He looks so much like the movie version.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! High_a10

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Willow with Alora Danan: I didn't even know about this little figure set existed till the mid 2000s! I got it at Toyzz (I believe their still in business but has totally changed), a characteristic web store that had really rare things but was really good as I had bought many items there that is quite rare nowadays. So, the Willow figure is the same exact figure as the other one but the absolute major difference is he includes a removable backpack/harness with a baby Elora Danan in it! She herself is removable and has a really good likeness to the infant seen in the movie. When I got them it really brought back the nostalgia of how great it was then and what I had been missing all of this time!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Willow11

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:13 pm

THE CREATURES

The Troll: This little creature is arguably one of My favorites of all the standard figures. His figurine depiction is very movie like and his sculpting is really nice as his body looks furry and smooth in the parts it should. I love his little pose ready to scare & grab his next victim.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Troll_10

The Eborsisk: Oh WOW! The malevolent troll mutated & transformed into an two-headed evil dragon known as the Eborsisk! Now, much like the Willow figure with Elora, I didn't know that this awesome figure even existed! OK, let's go down a little of trivia lane. In the mid 2000s I was searching on eBay for figures, probably MOTU 200X figures from the original line but I'm really not sure if that is the case though then I came across some Willow figures and there he was, the Eborsisk! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I'm like is this legit? So I did My research and yep, its a legit & official figure that I had no idea that was ever made till now. It was the only one that was available there and it was an auction for $19.99 with no bids. It was ready to be over I believe in about a day or so and I was so hoping that nobody would mess Me up and snipe it. Holy cow I won it with NO BIDS for $19.99 + shipping!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy that I did it. So I got him within several days and I was so pleased because he was basically brand new in the box as the previous owner took very good care of him for all of the years prior. I was so stoked to get out My Willow figures after over a decade of them being one of My all-time favorite action figure series'. So, he has a really nice box with some great new artwork of the creature on it plus some stills & info of the actual figure within it. I like how the there is a child playing with the figures to show you examples of the playability of these great figures and too show you how it was then. Also, it has a brief cool story about the dragon on the back with some of the figures to get as well as some vehicles with steed (I didn't know about the rides too but really I was never really interested in them after this). OK, Eborsisk was just in the box loose but he is in such great condition. I love everything about him. Out of many of My vintage figures across many. many lines, the Eborsisk is one of My favorites of all as I feel his design and overall quality overshadows most and is even arguably give the most impressive modern figure a run for their money...bar none IMO! Now, his sculpting is just tremendous. It's so life-like and near movie accurate. His necks are articulated swivels. His material is of a soft plastic nearing kinda rubber. He has little patches of fuzz on both of his necks down to his back. His heads & faces look so great with little ear holes (I've always thought he looked like a strange Parakeet(s) ever since I first them in the movie) and the paint applications are crisp with no bleeding as his teeth & eyes look clean. His front limbs both move up & down at the shoulders. Now, here is the cool bonus thing about him. Tonka went the extra mile here with extra designing him a lower body! Yes, in the movie he is seen very immobile as it appears his has no lower half and smoke is just coming out of his body like a hot steam pipe. I love his big, pudgy belly and his new additional six limbs & tail along with a big engraved Tonka logo. He is now an octopod. Well, the Eborsisk for about a decade in a half has been one of My most prized winnings/purchases of ever of all-time on eBay or on the web for matter!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Eborsi10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Eborsi11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Eborsi12

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:14 pm

SPECIAL GALLERY

Assembly

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Assemb11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Tonka_10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Assemb12

Card Example: Note how good it looks. This is from My Willow & Alora set. I learned to "clean-cut" the bubbles to rather just rip them open so they look good!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Card_e10

Price Sticker/Tags: A lot of people don't want nothing to do with with'em but I beg the differ. I am a man whom loves the past and seeing how all of the insanely priced figures are in this current era, these remind Me of a much more affordable & simpler time when stores like Venture, K-Mart, K-B & K&K toys was the funnest places to be back in the 80s & 90s.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Price_10

The Horse Riders

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Horse_10

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:15 pm

Scenes

High Aldwyn, Willow and Alora

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! High_a11

Madmartigan & Sorsha

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Madmar12

Madmartigan & Airk

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Madmar13

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:16 pm

Airk vs. General Kael

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Airk_t12

Madmartigan vs. General Kael

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Madmar14

Mother vs. Daughter

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Queen_11

The Armies of Willow

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! The_so10

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:17 pm

Willow vs. The Troll

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Willow12

The Rebels vs. The Eborsisk!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! The_re11

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 1:17 pm

FACTIONS

The Rebels

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! The_re12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! The_re13

The Nockmaar Army

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! The_no11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! The_no10

Super Group Collection Shot!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Collec10

Gosh, that was a lot Shocked I hope you have enjoyed this. Questions & comments please if you got'em! I will have tons more of vintage action figure & toy goodness coming your way soon so please stay tuned. Till next time I'll see you around Cool

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 2:26 pm

I have to admit Brandon, I have no idea what Willow is? but I have to say, you have a great collection of figures from it! bounce bounce bounce

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 4:29 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
I have to admit Brandon, I have no idea what Willow is? but I have to say, you have a great collection of figures from it! bounce bounce bounce

Thanks for the comment Dal, I appreciate that very much. Wow, really Question It was a fantasy sword & sorcery movie directed by Ron Howard and written by George Lucas. IMO it's one of the greatest movies of all-time! Here I will provide 2 trailers for you. Check'em out and let Me know if you remember it or not dude Question Smile

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2021 4:46 pm

I found the personal story behind your Willow collection quite interesting. You captured and conveyed a "feel" for the era with your recollections.

While I am aware of the movie, I have not actually seen it. Willow was released during a busy time in my life when my interest in seeing new movies was at a bit of an ebb. Your post inspired me to read a few articles online about the movie. One line caught my eye: a reviewer at the time the movie was released said that he expected Willow to be a film that would inspire a life-long love of movies in viewers 6 to 13 years old. It sounds like that is exactly what happened with you!

I particularly like your recollections about seeing the movies and hunting for figures with your grandparents. Many of my own most fun memories from my childhood were from activities with my grandparents.

I see what you mean about the figures being quite excellent for the era, and some of them do hold up well by comparison today, especially when compared to "playline" figures found in stores rather than making an unfair comparison to "collector grade" figures. I agree with you, seeing the original price tags is like a trip back in time; those price tags are an important aspect of the history of the toys and figures, and add considerably to the interest.

You were really a lad ahead of your time by saving all those backer cards! I wish I had been so forward-thinking in my youth!

Your discoveries in your "adult years" of figures you did not even know existed were certainly fun! I'm glad the excitement of this line you enjoyed so much when you were a kid could be rekindled by new discoveries.

Thanks for sharing this look at an interesting line of figures, and also for helping us experience, in a small way, the excitement of being a kid again, filled with anticipation for a new movie, new characters, and new toys!

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 11:06 am

My gosh SCU, thank you so much for the wonderful & lengthy comments and praise about Me & My collection Very Happy  Shocked  I must say nobody has really done that before Very Happy Wink bounce I also thank you for agreeing with Me as well Surprised That is really cool that we share a similar time with our Grandparents Smile Yes, that is what I hope to do is share My items and see if people know and remember these figures so we can reminiscent together or if they are unfamiliar with it that it would be something really new and interesting to talk about.

Like I said previously, I will showcase a ton of stuff in the near future which hopefully everyone will like and be surprised about.

Thanks so much again SCU_HQ Very Happy bounce

TNshooter
Breeches Buoy
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 8:51 pm

I can't say anything that Dave didn't, he was quite
eloquent in his comments.

For me personally, my grandparents didn't have any
idea what I liked. I'm sure they would have given me
what i wanted, if they understood what I liked.

Unfortunately, like Dal, I'm not familiar with the movie.
But after seeing the trailers, I am interested in
seeing it. I mean, hey, Lucas and Howard? I bet it's
a great movie.

I will need to watch it.

However, even though i haven't seen it, it looks great
and you have a great collection of figures! From what I
gather, it was during a time when I was starting my
career in the newspaper industry, working at a small
town paper where I was working late at night, and
it being a small paper they didn't have AP service,
everything was local. During the four years that I worked
there I only knew what was going on there, which was
half an hour's drive from where I lived.

Looking back, I guessed I missed out on a lot things.
Unless it was going on there. lol!

But I enjoyed looking at the photos you posted, your
collection, and the trailers. It has me wanting to see
the movie!

Thank you for sharing your collection Brandon!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 10:39 pm

TNshooter wrote:
... it was during a time when I was starting my
career in the newspaper industry, working at a small
town paper where I was working late at night, and
it being a small paper they didn't have AP service,
everything was local.

So you were one of the last small town, "old time" newspaper men, eh? That's fascinating! It must also have been a challenging time, beginning your career as the small, local papers were being absorbed by larger chains, and then as media habits were changing. You were there as an era was winding down!

TNshooter
Breeches Buoy
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2021 11:40 pm

As far as I know that paper is still going.
And has been part of a chain since before
I worked there.

It published twice a week then, I think
it's still the same. It had 7,800 circulation
when I was there, not sure what it is
now. I started working there in 1986.

The smaller community papers, in this
area at least, are the ones that are still
going fairly strong.

It's the larger papers that are shutting down
or greatly reducing staff.

The last paper I worked for, for almost 30 years,
dropped from 24,000 circulation to about 17,000.
Last I heard.
They stopped printing seven days a week. Last I
heard they went to printing six days a week.

It was at that paper that media habits were
changing, going online and the photogs
started doing video for the website.

I guess you can say I'm an "old time" newspaperman,
considering I did some years shooting film.
But I'm not opposed to newer technology, as
I went to shooting digital and then doing
video for the paper's website.
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2021 10:43 am

Thanks a lot TNshooter. I appreciate your comment as well. Believe Me, Willow is a great one. People rave about Marvel this and that in this era...well, it was the same with Willow back in the day. I am glad you are interested and that liked My collection Very Happy

Cool about you job Smile  

Stayed tuned for so much more coming soon Smile

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 1:03 pm

Well, I thought i'd show this bonus...the original Willow 1988 VHS Cassette Tape! (IMO it was the most truest and class way to watch movies) Yes, My Grandma got it for Me right away when it first came out bounce

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Willow14

SPECIAL BONUS: Willow and Ghostbusters on VHS: I am showcasing both of them because she got both of them at the same time. I had her rent Me GBs countless times from the video stores and she got tired of it so she just bought it for Me along with Willow Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Willow13

OK, wait until you see what is next for My vintage action figure topic, till then I'll see you around Cool

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 1:50 pm

I was heavily in to Ghostbusters for a long time after seeing the first movie, and my grandma bought me quite a few Ghostbusters items.

TNshooter
Breeches Buoy
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 3:13 pm

Very cool that you still have the VHS tapes from back in the day!

Do you still have a VHS player to watch them with?

Daryl

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 10:50 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I was heavily in to Ghostbusters for a long time after seeing the first movie, and my grandma bought me quite a few Ghostbusters items.

That is great to hear dude. yes SPOILER ALERT..........I have some vintage Ghostbusters to show soon but I gotta show some other stuff before though so just hang on tight Very Happy

TNshooter wrote:
Very cool that you still have the VHS tapes from back in the day!

Do you still have a VHS player to watch them with?

Daryl

Thanks Daryl, I actually do but I'm still trying to figure out how to make it work since everything is modern now and with HDMI but that is a whole different topic right there Rolling Eyes

Stay tuned guys, much more vintage to come soon and some surprises as well Very Happy

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2021 11:25 am

OK, so  I wanted to showcase this before I go any further with My collection, this has always been one of My most cherished items ever. It is My E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial Bubble Bath figure from Avon! Now, I haven't used him since I was really, really little. My Mom got him for Me right after the movie came out. As I grew up I kept him safe then he became a collectible display piece for Myself as I had no other figurines of this beloved alien creature being. I have taken many great pics of him in all his glory as well as some bonuses. Though his movie came out years before Willow did, I thought it would be very apropos to show him second in My topic Very Happy

Here is E.T.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 114
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 213
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 314

The info on his bottom & back!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 413
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 1011

The Reveal!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 1111

OK, so I am starting a new thing were I will show My background source for somethings that I will showcase. So, E.T.'s background is actually a storybook that My Mom got Me around the same time so I thought that it would be perfect for his display!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 911
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 511
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 1211
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 612
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! 811

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed this. Comments please and questions if ya got'em. Stay tune for more as I have so much to show you soon Wink

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: