ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!

Go down 
+4
No Face Fan.
gibri
TNshooter
Blondeactionman
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2021 3:42 pm

Gosh SCU, I just posted this, surely you didn't read everything right? Its just the way the form was. That babe is the first woman of wrestling, Miss Elizabeth, ex wife of Macho Man Randy Savage. She was a huge part of wrestling in the 80s especially the 90s, sadly she is no longer with us. Her figure was available, just super rare and expensive.

What do you think about all the history & My effort write up that I put into all of this Question

http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2021 4:48 pm

BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:
Gosh SCU, I just posted this, surely you didn't read everything right?  

I only saw part of it. The rest went up while I was typing a response. I'll check it out later. Lots of good stuff.

Just looked on eBay. I see what you mean about the LJN Miss Elizabeth fig. Hard to find one complete with gold skirt. Even more rare: purple skirt variant. Four hundred bucks!
affraid

Or for mint-on-card, be ready to mortgage your soul: $800 USD!

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2021 4:28 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:
Gosh SCU, I just posted this, surely you didn't read everything right?  

I only saw part of it. The rest went up while I was typing a response. I'll check it out later. Lots of good stuff.

Just looked on eBay. I see what you mean about the LJN Miss Elizabeth fig. Hard to find one complete with gold skirt. Even more rare: purple skirt variant. Four hundred bucks!
affraid

Or for mint-on-card, be ready to mortgage your soul: $800 USD!

I was afraid somebody was going to post while I was posting My huge showcase and hoping that they would read the final part to make it was absolutely finished. Well, thanks for saying it's good stuff. I know, she is is expensive, even if she was still with us her figure would still be very high.

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 4:08 pm

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ljn_lo12

So here is My LJN PART 2: ThunderCats. If you missed My ULTRA DELUXE WWF Wrestling Superstars which was one of My best showcases & write ups EVER you can go back to Part 1 within this great topic of Mine.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Thunde11

The ThunderCats, I loved them but I wasn't as faithful to the cartoon series as I was to He-Man & The Masters of the Universe & She-Ra: Princess of Power however and there was others that I liked as well, some that I have already featured within this topic + others that i have yet to show here.

I wrote the entire history of LJN, if you missed it, then just back to Part 1, it's that simple. The toy series came out in 1985. To save time & effort, if you are unfamiliar with it THEN CLICK HERE FOR THE WIKI PAGE!

Anyway, here is My collection. My Grandparents got Me some of them at Target and lucky enough to get some at a yard sale. They are in 7" scale, not complete and has scuff marks and stuff as usual. I do not have the whole collection. Not much commentary with this one. Here they are.

The ThunderCats Exclamation

Lion-O: I still have the Power Ring, you put it on his back and his eyes lite up (not featured).

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Lion-o10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Lion-o11

Panthro

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Panthr10

Cheetara & Tygra

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Cheeta11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Cheeta10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Cheeta12

Snarf & Wilykat

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Snarf_10

Hachiman & Tuska Warrior

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Hachim11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Hachim10

Antagonists: Ancient Spirits of Evil and Mutants Exclamation

Mumm-Ra

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Mumm-r10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Mumm-r11

Slithe

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Slithe10

Monkian

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Monkia11

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2021 4:11 pm

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Copyright!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Copyri39

ThunderCats Group Shot!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Thunde12

SUPER SPECIAL GALLERY!

ThunderCats meets MOTU & BraveStarr!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Tyrant14
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Motu_m10

Lion-O & He-Man!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Lion-o12

Mumm-Ra & Skeletor!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Mumm-r12

LJN Greatness! The 80s was such a great time, look at the classic visual of ThunderCats & WWF Wrestling Superstars!, You can't get anymore classic than that IMO!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ljn_sc11

SUPER SPECIALBONUS GALLERY!

Originally I wasn't gonna do it but thought I'd just showcase it as a hint/preview for modern showcase in the near future. So back in the last days of the MOTUC which was 2016, Mattel decided to have their budget crap gauge for the collectors to sign up for a ThunderCats line that will be in scale with the MOTU! Sounds great to have MOTU & ThunderCats the same size to crossover with each other right? Sure, that was awesome but around the same time when they cancelled MOTUC they also cancelled the ThunderCats series in it's very first line up Shocked Mattel was so cheap and ignorant because of their frugal budget and harsh ways they handed both series' to Super7 who really is doing a superb job but at insane prices and still the overall situation just sucks if you experienced this when it was on going. So with that being said, I got the sub but not the SDCC exclusives of the kids & the Snarf but more on that at a later date. I still haven't opened them up yet as I'm still on the fence about due to several reasons, So I just decided to show two of the figures that I thought were very necessary as they kinda complete the villain side of My Vintage Collection with exceptions of course.

Mumm-Ra: Exclusive with the sub.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Mumm-r13

Jackalman

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Villia10

NOTE I don 't think many people thought how odd it was that Mattel got the rights for ThunderCats who also had MOTUC, I thought the same with GBC as well, it was destiny apparently IMO.

So there it is, My entire LJN showcase is complete! Such terrific history of the company that I put together in part 1 plus all of the fun WWF Wrestling Superstars & Thundercats! If you missed any of it then you can simply go back!

I'm not sure what's next, it's up in the air right now. Until then I'll see you around Cool

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:23 pm

OK, so I am gonna have a couple bonus updates before I get My next actual showcase which is gonna be a dandy bounce

So here is a very special unique update that I had been thinkin' about for quite a long while now because it is one My most cherished items from some of the best early times of Mine. I will also showcase a special thru the ages as well  Smile

G.I. Joe: The Commodore 64 Video Game! Yes, this was one of the first ever video games of the franchise when Joes were great & classic and during the first days of ARAH  Exclamation

For ALL of the info for COMMODORE 64, click the link for the WIKIPEDIA PAGE! It was such a great & classic system. I still have it but I haven't played it in many, many years.

So how did I get this game? Well, to make a very long story short, My Mom got it for Me. She got the Commodore 64 PC system for the both of Us and she was & still is a computer wiz. I played the PC more than her as such a young boy at only 3/4 years old, it turned out I just didn't love figures, wrestling, movies, music & cartoons but I was gamer too! I was great at gaming at such a juvenile age! She got Me a ton of classic games that has been sadly forgotten about by the public and even game companies which I really hate it when things are lost in limbo. She worked wonders about this. So technically the Commodore 64 was the first ever game system that I ever played which My NES was the second ever and was the true green light of My being a gamer! Look for a similar showcase like this one in the near future Smile

OK, the game box is beat up as it is nearly as old as I am. I played this game so much, in fact I played this arguably the most out of any game for the entire PC! This game made Me learn many things and helped Me become who I am today! The 80s was so good. Here We go!

The front & back of the box with Sgt. Slaughter looking on for size comparison Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 G_i_jo12

Pics & info!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 G_i_jo11

The Game's Floppy Disk!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 G_i_jo14
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 G_i_jo13

OK, since you seen that, here is a great vid example of the gameplay, the graphics, the music and all of it's tremendous greatness & glory Exclamation Gosh I loved this game Rolling Eyes  bounce  Very Happy

OK, moving on...

Sgt. Slaughter THRU THE AGES! So this is something else I  have been wanting to present for quite some time. Here is the 2 Sgt. Slaughter figures previously seen within the topic and is with 2 newer ones I thought was a must show since I have shown him more than once. Since I had talked greatly about Hasbro's WWF figure license in My awesome LJN showcase, I thought I'd show Hasbro's WWF version that I got in 1992 from the last days of the WWF's Golden era! This is after his major Iraq heel turn, became babyface and joined the USA again. Next is the WWF Jakks Pacific figure that I got in 1997 during the early heyday of the Attitude era! This figure depicts him as Commissioner Slaughter! He had been a WWF official since he retired in late 1992, but his run as Commissioner Slaughter was kinda short & bittersweet. Ever since he has appeared on WWF/WWE TV and became a Hall of Famer! So the figures look great, I have always loved the Hasbro version very much, the stance and sculpting of his face is uncanny. Say what you will about Jakks, I really did like their figures despite some gripes here and there...I mean they did have great moments. The sculpting of him is great, love that suit and them papers. His likeness is done extremely well and I believe this is one of the only figures ever done of him this way. He is actually got hair, no big bald spot Laughing He was part of a special "personnel" series that really, no other company that made wrestling figures ever ventured in which IMO is a darn shame Rolling Eyes

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Sgt_sl24
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Sgt_sl23

So there is My bonus G.I. Joe/Sgt Slaughter update! Next I will present another special one, a brief look at a couple extremely rare/obscure cherished items of MOTU & TMNT! Until then I'll see you around Cool

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2021 3:03 pm

So My next little update, something I have been thinkin' about for quite some time and finally gonna show it. Here is 2 of My most cherished items from My childhood that are really are & obscure of Masters of the Universe & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In fact, I believe this this time any of My TMNT items has made an appearance within My great topic. they will be back in spurts here & there and i plan on showcasing My entire collection of them which is a huge one once I get to the 90s!

OK, these items are almost as old as Me so they are worn but clean and still in pretty darn good shape if ya ask Me. Pics of the company logos too and marks are from old tape/price stickers/tags.

MOTU Cup!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Motu_c12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Motu_c10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Motu_c11

TMNT Plate!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Tmnt_p10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Tmnt_p12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Tmnt_p11

Together with previously seen Prince Adam and My first TMNT figure EVER Donatello Exclamation Shocked

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Motu_c13

That'll conclude for the bonus updates for now, look for a special note from Me soon concerning My next Showcase...till then I'll see you around Cool

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2021 5:49 pm

So here we go with some Halloween as well other holiday & movie inspired classic items in this update. These are some cool little things that I cherished when I was little so without ado let's go Exclamation

Clip-On Critters: These guys were very popular in the 80s!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Pumpki10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Gators10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Variou11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Variou10

A Care Bear & My Pet Monster! I misplaced My regular Care Bears figures long ago unfortunately and I never got a large version of My Pet Monster but this version is really nice and does fine as a classic collectable just as well!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Care_b10

Group Shot!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Group_31

Next up is My Pez Candy Dispenser Collectables! I had many more of these guys but I misplaced them.

Halloween!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Pez_ha10

Christmas has come early Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Pez_ch10

Easter has arrived way sooner than expected  Shocked

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Pez_ea10

Licensed! Yes, Garfield, Dino, Tweety, Donatello, Batman!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Pez_li10

Pez Logo Comparison!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Pez_si10

Group Shot!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Pez_gr11

Topps Candy Heads!

Batman 89

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Batman47

Joker 89

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 The_jo15

TMNT Leonardo

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Leonar10

Harry the Bigfoot from Harry and the Hendersons! This is one of the only collectible like this of Harry and I am very fortunate to have him Shocked

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Harry_11

Group Shot!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Candy_10

Super Size Comparison!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Pez_wi10

That's all for now, another mixed Holiday update is coming soon!

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2021 3:54 pm

So here is the second update on My mixed Holiday update with some cool bonus stuff. While the holidays hasn't come yet, the beauty of the matter is they'll be here soon enough and when they come around you can look here then and/or anytime for that occasion Smile I have other bendables but I chose My very best for this showcase and since it's questionable who made certain ones that I do not know, those said will not be labeled upon so here they are!

Halloween Bendables: Gosh I remember getting these old school spooky guys at National, Schnuck's competition in the 80s & 90s! I loved that store especially every time when Halloween would arrive, I really miss those days Rolling Eyes  

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Hallow10

Christmas & Valentines Day!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Christ10

Easter Bend'Ems!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Easter10

Spearhead Bunnies: Got these from White Castle in 89, good, good times Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Spearh11

Various Animals!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Animal11

Happy Face Man!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Happy_10

The Globe Man Bendable by Easy Aces!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 The_ea11

Cowboys & Indians Bendables!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Cowboy10

Insect by Branson!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Bug_by11

McDonalds' Birdie the Early Bird & Professor!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Mcdona11

MLB Baseball Players of the St. Louis Cardinals!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Baseba11

Marvel's Spider-Man by Just Toys: He was My first Just Toys figure ever Shocked

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Spider24

Popeye & The Pink Panther by Jesco: These are 2 of My most fave bendable figures of all-time!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Popeye11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Popeye10

Metaluna Mutant of Universal Monsters by Colorforms: This was My first Universal Monster figure I ever that I got and I had many great times with him and I loved Colorforms, today's generation has no idea how classic they were back in the 80s & early 90s and today's market lacks the creative fun that Colorforms had back then!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Metalu11

Special Gallery!

Copyrights!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 The_ea10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Copyri43
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Copyri42
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Copyri41
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Copyri45
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Copyri44

Size Comparison with Previously Seen MOTU Prince Adam!!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Spearh12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Size_c12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Size_c11

Metaluna Mutant with My previously seen superb Imperial Universal Monsters Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Univer11

Great Bendables Group Shot!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Bendab10

That's it, I hope you enjoyed this special presentation Smile More great Halloween themed showcases that will surprise you coming soon...until then I'll see you around Cool

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 4:11 pm

So continuing on of My Halloween themed showcase time, here be two rather odd good entries...2 that hardly anyone talks about nor even knows about for that matter. They are a hand stamp of Gabara, the Kaiju from Godzilla's Revenge and Arco's Mummy from The Mummy's Curse! My Grandma got Me both of them. I vaguely remember getting the Mummy but boy oh boy do I remember getting Gabara, I always wanted to play and get things out of the little vending machines that you put quarters in and that has little prizes that is in plastic bubbles. My Grandma usually always let Me do a bit till I got what I wanted or till she ran out of quarters. One of the best selections of them machines was at Tru-Buy Groceries in our old neighborhood where we used to live during the good'ole days that I miss so much. I have lots of memories of that store. Anyway, one of the most memorable ones was a Godzilla/Kaiju line and I believe it was by Moon Monsters but don't quote Me on that. I think the series had most kaijus seen in the original Toho Godzilla films during the Showa era and this was a big deal for a little guy that loved monsters & Godzilla like Me because Godzilla items back then was extremely rare as only special comic shops & specialty outlets had them as they had to import them from Japan and it would still be like that for quite some time until the net would become into full force close to the early 2000s.

Gabara: I got him in the middle/later part of the 80s. He only had 1 appearance in a Godzilla movie which was All Monsters Attack aka Godzilla's Revenge. The thing is, he was only an imaginary kaiju. This mutated bullfrog/toad was actually a clever kaiju though and I always had a liking to how outlandish he was. The figure has a very decent likeness and the stamp itself is a surprise because it's not him but rather Megalon, another underrated kaiju! It's really a big darn shame I misplaced the rest of them in My collection, such a bummer Rolling Eyes

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Gabara11

Here is Gabara compared to the previously seen "Mini" Sgt. Slaughter for a size comparison!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Gabara10

And here is Gabara with My previously seen small version of Imperial's 1985 Godzilla!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Gabara12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Gabara13

The Mummy's Curse: He originally came out in 1983 and is made by Arco, a company that was great and yet a very obscure known business this pathetic era. They made items of the of the great 80s series' such as  Go-Bots, Bravestarr, Captain Power, The Centurions, Rambo, The A-Team, Robotech, Madballs and even V Surprised The detail is great on the sarcophagus and its of a somewhat hard plastic and he is of very thin plastic but glows in the dark. The set's action has a "rising" action feature and but it no longer functions and I have misplaced his "wiggly" creatures unfortunately but at least I have him intact in overall good condition and is still a great Halloween display piece affraid

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Arco_m10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Arco_m11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Arco_m12

Here is a comparison with him with previously seen Thundercat's Mumm-ra and Imperial's Mummy!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Arco_m14

Now here is the big and important story about him. He was kinda rare to begin with and was basically a one off figure that was part of a series all to himself. Later on in the very early and possibly to middles 90s, a Chinese company called  Toys N'Things either got a hold of the figure wholesale or reproduced it for their own gain thus making it considerably a bootleg of the same thing despite it has the same title and alternate artwork all the rest. Here is a set of pics I found of the 2 versions online as I edited them for major comparing them together Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Arco_m13

Now, the original version by Arco is one of the hardest figures to find on ebay loose and intact not to mention it's like finding gold MOC! With that being said, the version by Toys N'Things is arguably even worse as I speak there is only one MOC on ebay and it is going for big bucks! So if you wanted either version for whatever reason, good luck cause this classic is one of the hardest vintage toys obtaining in good condition ever!

BONUS UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had planned a lot of this stuff for My topic in advanced for months since the beginning but this wasn't one of them Surprised I just found one of My Super Naturals blister cards only a number of hours ago and wow was I surprised about this! This really brought back the memory of getting them and look at that price tag, it's from Walgreens where I got them from just as I said earlier when I previously showcased My small showcase of the Super Naturals by Tonka! Look at that classic cool spooky stuff, gosh people didn't know how great it was then and I don't know about the now but I want these times back...Super Naturals was such a great series as it revolutionized toys with holograms as Hasbro knew it IMO hence their take on their Visionaries (which I will get to in time)!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Lionhe13
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Lionhe15
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Lionhe14
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Lionhe18
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Lionhe17

Lionheart with his card Shocked bounce

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Lionhe16

So that's all for now, My first of two big Halloween time showcases will be upon the topic shortly and it's gonna be a great and classic one! Until then I'll see you around Cool

LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 9:35 pm

You do have a most comprehensive collection of surely by now incredibly rare items. Must admit to liking all the Mummy stuff best, along with those Universal Monsters!
Thanks for showing such things that I'm sure a lot of us have never seen before.

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 2:50 pm

Thanks Smile Yeah I do and I hope I have surprised the viewers with many things since the beginning of My topic because there isn't that many people that do this sorta thing anymore which is really a shame Rolling Eyes Glad you like the Mummy and Universal Monsters. Thank again Smile

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 4:49 pm

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uyx63b11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uyx3z810

Yep, it's HALLOWEEN TIME, My favorite time of the year. The above picture is a special one, it's a cute poster I got from one of My Scholastic books way back in 1990. I have always thought is was so cute and perfect for Halloween for a seasonal layout & not an actual scary display. Been thinkin' of this a lot Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Upya8k10

OK, here we go with part 1 of My spooky Halloween themed vintage showcases and the first on is non other Kenner's The Real Ghostbusters! As you know, I am a huge Ghostbusters fan, have been since the first film came out Surprised The Real Ghostbusters is one of Kenner's most famed lines and one of the most definitive series's of ever, of all-time! Now this showcase will also feature some bonus Ghostbusters stuff that maybe rather not expected but I wanted to enter them within the showcase as they are quite special to Me. In fact, the bonus stuff will rival in size the actual Kenner showcase but believe Me, it's gonna be wild ride and it'll be presented in a second post.

So My Grandma got Me all of these. She got Me what she could as they were kinda scarce in our area and I recall getting many of them. Of course like always, they are not complete and are kinda worn. So the series came out in 1987 and lasted till 1991 which was still in the good'ole days which 91 seemed like it was the final year of the good times Rolling Eyes The series was basically available throughout the cartoon's existence during those classic times. So is here My collection and all of the cool bonus stuff Smile

Slimed Heroes: Egon Spengler, Ray Stantz, Peter Venkman, Winston Zedmore & Louis Tully!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttaab10

Fright Features & Super Fright Features: Egon Spengler, Ray Stantz, Peter Venkman, Winston Zedmore & Janine Melnitz!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttzq810

Green Ghost & Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man: Oh wow, these were My first two Ghostbusters figures EVER Exclamation  Surprised They were so special to Me. Now the Green Ghost's name was always in question as they couldn't decide if his name should the Onion Head Ghost as his behind the scenes name from the first movie or if he should just be called Green Ghost but when the animated cartoon came out they called him Slimer! He has been called this ever since and IMO should have been called this since the beginning as it was so obvious what he was oh and look at the copyright too!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxxkg10

Haunted Humans & Haunted Vehicles : Tombstone Tackle Ghost, Mail Fraud Ghost, X-Cop Ghost and Wicked Wheelie (bike and driver)

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxmen10

Various Spooks!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxk2c10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttyzl10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttqvl10

Classic Monsters:  Dracula, The Frankenstein Monster, The Wolfman, The Mummy and Quasimodo!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttsxs10

Ecto-1: Yep, arguably the most classic car in film history. I remember when My Grandparents got Me this at K-B. For some reason I wasn't happy with the color scheme and since My Grandma was into hobby stuff, I had her paint it for Me not to long after she got it for Me...so it's kinda like a custom job and still looks like it did over 30 years ago Shocked

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utx1wf10

Ecto-3: A really cool looking quad go-kart!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttjh310

The Firehouse Headquarters: I have this special playset which My Grandparents got for Me too at K-B all those years ago but it's in high storage and is extremely difficult for Me to get a hold of so I thought I'd get some pics online and fix them up as I don't know if I will be able to showcase it in the future and I didn't want to ignore this special house!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uy4otm10

SPECIAL GALLERY

Kenner Action Toy Guide: I couldn't locate any of My blister cards but I found the next best thing. These were such a cool bonus within special sets by Kenner, something that has been missing from frugal companies over the better part of a generation and it has been severely lacking in this pathetic day and age. Look at all of that cool Ghostbusters toy goodness. My Grandma couldn't find Me many of the them in our area like at Venture, Target & K-Mart and even the great Woolworth stores but I am very thankful what she got Me. Believe Me, if I could I would I get all of those classic figures MIP, no question about it. Also, look at how the kids are in the book, you don't see children like this anymore, how things change Rolling Eyes Reminds Me back when I was a child, IMO it was the best time being a youngster and experiencing all of this cool stuff!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uskeq110
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uskjzl10

Group shot of the Regulars!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utx43w10

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2021 4:51 pm

SUPER BONUS STUFF!

Ghostbusters 1 & 2 VHS: After renting Me the first one dozens of times, My Grandma just bought it for Me from her BMG Club and the second one from Mr. T's Video (oh I got lot's of stories about that great place, maybe I will talk more about them at a later date...I really miss that one Rolling Eyes )! Look at them, IMO VHS is the most classic way to watch movies instead of this digital stuff. Sure its quicker, more convenient & handy but IMO it doesn't feel the same as getting that VHS box. getting the tape out and poppin' it in the VCR and feel'in good about it Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxisi10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxuwu10

TRG & Slimer! and the Real Ghostbusters VHS Tapes: My Grandma got Me both of them, oh these were tremendous classic times!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxn1k10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxukm10

Here is cool & fun intros of these classic animated series' of the 80s!

Ghostbusters Commodore 64 PC Game: Now if you saw and read My special G.I. Joe special not that long ago then you'll know I gave big a hint that another one was coming up and it was gonna special. Well this IS IT Surprised In a very close tie to My G.I. Joe game, My Ghostbusters game was My absolute favorite game to play! I bet I played this hundreds of times and I was only like 4 or 5 years of age and I was already a big gamer! My Mom got it for Me as she knew how much I loved Ghostbusters and she paid big bucks to get it then because back then in them days, PC games & VHS tapes were extremely high priced but she done well getting Me this along with many other titles. Now there was a version for the NES (plus GB II) later on but it was no where near as classic & fun as this one. I just the loved graphics, the stages and the shops especially building your Ecto-1 (I actually preferred the blue car though) and oh, I especially loved the voice you hear in the beginning as he laughs Laughing  Exclamation ! Here is My special pics that I took of the famed box, oh that was also one of My most favorite aspects of the whole game as well and the fact of the matter is, this is the only Ghostbusters game that had an awesome box like this! I loved this stuff as this was from a time when companies weren't cheap and put the extra mile into their products and you actually felt that you got your money's worth!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxw2410
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxcse10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utx5a210
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxt9g10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxbza10

The Disk & Insert!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utx95h10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxdwr10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxtir10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttfz110
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxd3x10

Scale!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttvwx16

The Actual game-play: Holy cow, look at the classic game-play & graphics, this is when video games were video games!

Ghostbusters Sega Genesis Game: Oh gosh, this is one of the most underrated games of all-time IMO. This was one of My favorite games to play on the Sega Genesis and it came out in 1990! Like many games that are inspiration or even coincide with their movie counterparts, there is some elements of all kinds like characters, locations, music, etc. that wasn't in the films and this great classic has a lot of that cool bonus stuff! My Grandma got this for Me in the later part of the 90s before our local Star Video went out of business thanks to Blockbuster video down the street & Hollywood video literally taking Star Video's place Mad  Another thing I loved about Sega's games was their protective cases, this is something Nintendo really lacked for decades! In fact, Nintendo was quite behind on certain things till later...I consider Sega like Kenner & Nintendo is like Hasbro, Hasbro "borrowed" so many concepts from Tonka/Kenner and the rest is history!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utt3ij10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utt60o10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttp1c10

The Actual game-play: Yep, Sega was the 16-bit king, they were really always My favorite between them & Nintendo Exclamation

Hardees Ghostbusters II Ghostblasters & White Castle Godzilla Spinner: Wow, gonin' down memory lane even further here. I was so excited for Ghostbusters II and saw it at the show back in 89. I loved going to Hardees and I loved it when they were promoting the movie. These little devices were quite fun in the day, they'd make noises like your usual 80s/early 90s small electronic space guns. I got two of them, I think I didn't like the other colors but now I kinda regret it. Now the Godzilla Spinner/Rubber Ninja Star/Shuriken from White Castle is just a sweet bonus. I got him in 1990 but didn't get the rest of the collection for whatever reason which I look back on it and it was shame Rolling Eyes  Believe it or not, this is one of the rarest & obscure fast food collectibles of all-time!

NOTE: After My disappointment with the 98 Godzilla film & the many failed attempts of creating a good Ghostbusters 3 script (even though in My opinion they did have an great one in Ghostbusters III: Hellbent...that would have been awesome in 1999/2000!), and since Columbia had both properties, I wrote a brief fan faction concept of a crossover called Ghostbusters III: The Ghost of Godzilla! I never finished it though but I still think about it often as I did when I made it back in the 2000s Surprised

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttbhp10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttlng10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utt0zw10

Here is a size comparison of My great previously seen Willow & Elora Danen figures to show off the scale...

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttoxc10

and here is TRG Wolfman for super size comparison.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uttkqn10

SUPER SPECIAL FEATURE Surprised

I wasn't originally gonna do this but I kept on thinkin' about it and if I wouldn't have I may have kicked Myself in the @$$ really hard so here it is Exclamation

Kenner's The Real Ghostbusters vs. Mattel's The Real Ghostbusters: I got Mattel's retro figures back when they first came out and were hot in 2011 when things were still kinda good. I absolutely loved them but unfortunately many collectors thought other wise like always. So here is a special comparison that I just put together...it looks mighty fine if I do say so Myself Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uy2xup10

So that finished My Real Ghostbusters showcase during this Halloween week. If you didn't see the first part and this one first then make sure you see that and scroll back further too cause you never know what you may missed as I have worked very hard to present vintage/80s/90s goodness! I have 1 more special Halloween spooky showcase coming up really soon, until then I'll see you around Cool

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2021 4:38 pm

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uyx63b12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uyx3z811

Yep, it's HALLOWEEN TIME, My favorite time of the year. The above picture is a special one, it's one I got from one of My Scholastic books way back in 1990. I have always thought is was so cute and perfect for Halloween for a seasonal lay out & not an actual scary display. Been thinkin' of this a lot Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uyqolc10

So here we go with part 2 of My special Halloween spooky time showcase! This time is Beetljuice Surprised Another great series by one of My favorite toys companies Kenner! As previously seen in My great Real Ghostbusters showcase, these figures also have unique action features and are funny & spooky to look at the same time. I loved the movie Beetaljuice, it's a true 80s classic that is a mixture of horror, mystery and comedy and just right bled of the three. It was 1990 when I discovered these figures in a Kenner action guide and not to long after saw them in person at one of My favorite stores that I have mentioned multiple times here called Ben Frankin's. I loved that store. Anyway, My Grandma knew how much I wanted them and said something we'll see or have to wait...well My Grandparents got Me all they could get for Me during that very Christmas in 1990 Surprised I don't recall seeing these figures at Venture or Target but possibly at K-Mart which they were quite rare in My general area. These figures were some of the most memorable ones that I ever got for Christmas and that was 31 years ago Shocked

Here is My entire collection of Beetlejuice. They are all in great condition and I believe all accessories are still intact so thank goodness I took good care of them though I would like to find there blister cards however provided I kept them somewhere.  

Adam Maitland: The Headless Ghost

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxvvg10

Otho the Obnoxious

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxo8310

Harry the Haunted Hunter

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utx82s10

Shish Kebab Beetlejuice

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxlcf10

Exploding Beetlejuice

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utx0uu10

Showtime Beetlejuice

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxq6l10

Spinhead Beetlejuice

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxarw10

Creepy Crawlers

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxobi11

Vanishing Vault

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxwmk10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxbam10

Creepy Cruiser

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxfj411

Phantom Flyer

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxgc211

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Kenner Action Toy Guide: I couldn't locate any of My blister cards but I found the next best thing. These were such a cool bonus within special sets by Kenner, something that has been missing from frugal companies over the better part of a generation and it has been severely lacking in this pathetic day and age. I away find it astonishing how many lines that Kenner had, I mean they almost made something from everything franchise...so fantastic Surprised Look at all of that cool Bettlejuice toy goodness. My Grandma couldn't find Me all of the them at our local Ben Franklin's cause big stores in our area didn't carry them in 1990 but I am very thankful what she got Me. I'm actually quite happy with My selection but believe Me, if I had the opportunely to get the rest loose or MIP, I would, no question about it. Also, look at how the kids are in the book, you don't see children like this anymore, how things change Rolling Eyes Reminds Me back when I was a child, IMO it was the best time being a youngster and experiencing all of this cool stuff!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Usmjqa10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Usmsze10

Swap Head Beetlejuice (Mine): For a while back in the day when I just got these guys, I was like, what Question There's no regular headed black & white checker Bettlejuice? Well, not long after that I came up with the idea of swapping the heads of Spinhead & Showtime Beetlejuice and walla, I had the variant I wanted Shocked  It was a little cool yet cryptic trick that made a 9 and half year old Brandon proud Smile I believe this was My first kit-bash figure I ever made of this nature Surprised    

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utx36a10

Size Comparison: Here is Beetlejuice along with previously seen Peter Venkman and to be showcased later Shadow Wing Batman 89 Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxerx10

A Michael Keaton meeting :? Bruce Wayne/Batman meets Beetlejuice - he played both characters and Kenner made both of them!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uyphpx10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uypx7l10

Group Shot!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxpfh10

SUPER SPECIAL GALLERY!

Here is 1 toy that I got from Burger King called the Uneasy Chair. It is really cool. Shame I didn't get the others, I think My local BK ran out of them like a lot of burger joints do fast. This was inspired from the cartoon animated series.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxsbe10

Here is a classic commercial of it, gosh I loved being a part of the BK kids club, it was awesome when they had TMNT too 1990!

This showcase wouldn't be complete if I didn't show off My Beetlejuice VHS Tape! My Grandma got Me this as well for Me during that same Christmas from Televideo, a really cool video rental outlet. Amazing all of this stuff in 1990, that was a good year, one of the last good years though but a very memorable one none the less Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxhcb10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Utxve810

WOW, that concludes My great 2 part Spooky figure showcase for Halloween. I hope you enjoyed all of this. Don't forget to check out My great part 1 which was The Real Ghostbusters and everything else you may have missed Smile More terrific vintage action figures coming soon, until then I'll see you around Cool

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 6:09 am

OK, very surprisingly I just found some stuff that I wasn't expecting to find. I will be showcasing them and bonus stuff too as stuff that I have already planned in advanced sometime in the near future Smile

LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 6:19 am

You certainly have a massive collection of interesting models and accessories.
As a person who also probably has more than their share (although nowhere NEAR yours apparently) can I ask how you store all your things?

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2021 4:55 pm

I do have a huge collection and lots more to showcase. Ah My storage situation is a mix of in many bins and cases and scattered here and there. Working on trying to do it better.

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2021 4:32 pm

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2funm10

So I just found some extra Ghostbusters & Beetlejuice items in storage that I thought were apropos in a special update, without further ado here it is bounce

Ecto-1 Instructions!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fiui10

Bonus Kenner Action toy Guide!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2f4rw10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fngf10

Golden Coloring Book!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Uah8gb10

NOW Comics' TRGB Comic!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2f7kk10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2f5o210
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fwx411

Now moving on to Beetlejuice! I was really surprised that I found ALL of the BLISTER CARDS in 1 box, I am gonna milk this one so look at all of this really cool & classic Kenner Beetlejuice goodness  Shocked

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fdir10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fhvh10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fcue10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fg0r10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fxng10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fkxc10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fmqn11

There is a nice look at some of the Beetlejuice figures & items I couldn't get before.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fiz110

Here is a look at the price tag of Ben Franklin's store I spoke about previously plus a look at the Kenner/Tonka info!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fsvl10

And here is a special Beetlejuice figure display with the Blister Cards as their background bounce

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 U2fyhp10

Well, that's all for now, next up will be a similar one but will be a big update of Captain Power as I have found some really awesome stuff from that series and look for that really soon, until then I'll see you around Cool

TNshooter
Breeches Buoy
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2021 2:51 am

I have to agree with LeStryge, where do you store all of this?

I thought my collection is overwhelming, I am lucky to have a spare room,
but it's full of boxes. Which makes it hard to find stuff.

Your collection is practically overwhelming! You have tons of stuff!
You must be better organized than me to be able to pull items so
easily for your presentations.

I envy you for being able to put together these huge collections in
such a concise manner.

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2021 9:04 am

Thanks Daryl Smile  Oh I assure you, My storage situation is a disaster Rolling Eyes I have a lot in boxes and containers but I do have a lot stuff scattered around in bags and on My shelves. Its pretty bad to be honest and I've been trying to get better at it. As I said, I just recently found a lot of stuff, well that stuff was in boxes down the basement that I completely forgot about as I was looking for something else but found them instead that I will post soon so there's another thing. My probs are I am not a good organizer and things are all over the place so it's not that pretty, just a total mess Laughing Rolling Eyes Thanks again Daryl Very Happy

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2021 11:00 pm

WOW Brandon! cheers
Very nice collection... Very Happy

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 7:22 am

Thanks a lot Inntruderr, been waitin' for ya to see this topic dude bounce

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 10:04 am

OK, here we go with yet another update of Captain Power Exclamation Now I found this cool stuff rather recently (you just saw My bonus Ghostbusters & Beetlejuice, I found that stuff during the same discovery in storage) along with some other great figures and other goodies that are gonna be very surprising to behold for sure!

Now, off and on all year I have been searching for them and little by little I'm getting closer. Here is the awesome Blister cards of My previously seen figures Shocked Look at that great artwork and overall look at the front & back of them. I always loved Mattel's illustrations. They would continue to have this greatness till the middle 90s.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua51kr10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua5unr10

Now here is a card of a figure that I CANNOT locate at the moment and have been looking for, it is really a shame I can't find the Soaron Sky Sentry but once and if I find him you can bet I will showcase him in a special update in a hurry Exclamation  

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua57tg10

OK, here is a closeup of their bio cards Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua5noc10

Here a closeup of the artwork & Mattel info!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua55dw10

Oh boy, here is one of the cool parts that I love to do in My showcases and that is to show off the Price Stickers/Tags Shocked I love it and I think its' very important because it shows you where that figure came from and how affordable they were back then Exclamation  As you see these guys came from Venture which I have showed off tags from them here many, many times previously (My very first figure I showcased within this topic was from Venture with the price tag!) and in fact look for a special presentation of them soon! Oh and look at that sweet price bounce

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua5uzn10

Now moving on to My Captain Power Golden Coloring Book Shocked As seen in My Ghostbusters showcase a Golden Coloring Book and this is very similar, I never colored in it and search Me as to why but here it is Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua5rrp10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua5tv110
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua5dul10

As a cool bonus, here is My 2 previously seen figures with their cards and the coloring book as backgrounds!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Ua5hix10

Special Feature!

Here is some cool vids from YT to bring them memories back even further or even show the novice something very classic they may have forgotten or maybe never even seen before Exclamation Now there is more out there, these are just rad samples Smile

Well, that's all for now. I hope you enjoyed this bonus Captain Power update. Next up will be a special Venture presentation and then a special showcases that maybe in several parts, until then I'll you around Cool

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2021 2:53 pm

Cool stuff Brandon! cheers

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: VENTURE Department Store Special!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: