ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!

Go down 
+3
gibri
TNshooter
Blondeactionman
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 1:55 pm

So, I thought I'd show off one of My most prized and cherished yet some of the most obscure of all of My vintage action figures: Monster Man aka Halloween Monsters made by SOMA! in 1986! During an era when Masters of the Universe was arguably the hottest property (My favorite of all back then) of the decade and because of this many companies that was relatively unknown compared to Mattel would make their own bootleg/knock-off fantasy series' of their own. Well, My favorite of these "other" lines was by SOMA, a smaller company of yesteryear that has since been defunct for decades.

Here is a menagerie sample of the Monster Men!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Group_19

So, it was about 1986 when I would go to all the great stores with My Grandma during some of the best times during the heyday of "true action figure collecting" ever (I count that 80s - early 2000s). One of My favorite stores we'd go to was Woolworths! They were an American general-merchandise retail business that basically went out of business, rejuvenated and became something else. There was two of them locally and My fave of the 2 was the one further away though the other one was also really nice. They had such variety and options in items of all kinds to groceries to action figures and to this day I remember how their action figure isles looked like I mean they arguably were the best even compared to stores like K-Mart, Venture & Target. Woolworths even had their own "exclusive" toys & action figures and the "Monster Man" figures were among them. There was only six of them within the set and unfortunately they either cancelled the series or just ran it out with that selection. They never had any names whatsoever nor backstories for that matter just a detailed blister card on the front and completely blank on the back besides company & store info (I do not have the cards still) so no additional ideas or thought went into these guys besides their overall designs. I believe these figures were a very limited run because despite that I was very young at the time, I remember seeing them only a couple times at that same Woolworths where there was lots of MOTU and tons of G.I. Joe but these guys were non-existent! However, later on, from 1990 to a short period afterward, Walmart would pick them up apparently for a limited run and label them as "Halloween Monsters" under a completely new blister card with new art yet they are still nameless and still a blank card with the Walmart info. Unlike Woolworths' original run with the series, Walmart got uncreative and just placed them in the Holiday/Halloween section hence their new name. They didn't see them as a cool action figure line but just as a novelty for the spooky time. After this they fell into the void of obscurity, became things of legend in the action figure world and only collector's like a Me would know about them. There only a handful of people on YouTube (if even that) that talk about them and have since become VERY expensive on eBay!

So they are about 5.5" tall or around in that scale. They fit in nicely with the vintage MOTU line and with exceptions, a little fan-fiction and imagination, they could fit in other vintage series' from the 80s & 90s and maybe even lines from the 2000s depending on how your preference is. They are really soft and are made of a rubbery plastic. Their limbs are removable and I suppose you could swap their parts to each other. I believe I did that back in the day as I had tons of fun with them back then. The sculpting and paint is fairly decent, its all cool 80s designs which you can clearly tell they are by first glance! Oh and they followed the 80s & 90s great trend by glowing in the dark! quality is top notch. I didn't take care of My vintage MOTU unfortunately hence why I was such a huge collector @ MattyCollector if ya know what I mean but I took care of these strange fellas thank goodness Smile  

Like I said earlier on, these guys never did have any identities so I have named them and have took some pics of them as well like usual. Here there they!

Muck-O-Man!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Muck-o10

Fire-Man!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Fire-m10

Tree-Man!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Tree-m10

Rock-Man!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Rock-m10

Varanian-Man!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Varani10

Avian-Man!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Avian-10

The Copyright!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Copyri10

Scale with vintage MOTU Prince Adam!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Compar10

We're All Together Now!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Group_20

Well there you have it, I hope you have been kinda educated Laughing about these obscurities and everything about them. Questions please if ya got'em! Next up, it be some more monsters but these are more "well known"! Till then see you around Cool

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2021 2:04 pm

They look great Brandon, at first I was unsure of their size, so it really helped when you posed them with your He-man figure. They have a very stylized look bounce

Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 4:52 am

I have to say I was familiar with the Masters of the Universe, but not the
SOMA figures! I'm guessing you have a rare collection with those figures.

But I was in my twenties and starting my photojournalism career in 1986,
so I wasn't keeping up with toy trends at that time.

But great collection!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
No Face Fan.
No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2021 7:40 am

I think your collection of SOMA Monster Men look cute. I’m really liking the look of Tree-Man and Rock-Man. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 12:34 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
They look great Brandon, at first I was unsure of their size, so it really helped when you posed them with your He-man figure. They have a very stylized look bounce

Thanks a lot Dal. Yes, l feel its important for comparison Smile

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 12:38 pm

TNshooter wrote:
I have to say I was familiar with the Masters of the Universe, but not the
SOMA figures! I'm guessing you have a rare collection with those figures.

But I was in my twenties and starting my photojournalism career in 1986,
so I wasn't keeping up with toy trends at that time.

But great collection!

Daryl

Thanks Daryl Very Happy Its ok, many doesn't know about them and that is one of cool things here Smile

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2021 12:39 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I think your collection of SOMA Monster Men look cute. I’m really liking the look of Tree-Man and Rock-Man. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Thanks a lot about this Prof Very Happy

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 11:41 am

Oh boy, here we go! Here is My collection of the Imperial Classic Monsters by extremely underacted vintage toy company called Imperial! They made tons of creative monsters & creatures of their own plus & inspired kaijus as well which I loved them, however, these classic monsters are some of My most prized vintage figures of all. These guys were released from 1985 to 1986. Most of them all have a great personal story within them. Now, these are all classic movie licenced and back in the US this was really the only way to get these characters in figure form.

One important note, one thing I have always loved about Imperial is their sculpted logo & info on the figures, I have taken pics of them all! I have taken good care of them but unfortunately I do not have their tags, it was foolish of Me back then to remove them but they are still great! So, without further ado here they are!

Godzilla 1985 - Large Version! Oh man, I was so stoked when the new movie came out, I watched it countless times and IMO it's still one of the best if not the greatest Godzilla movie of all time. So, what makes him extremely special for Me is that My Grandpa went on a business trip in Kansas City MO, while there he saw a hobby shop there and in the window he saw this really big Godzilla figure in it and he quickly went in the shop and asked them if it was for sale and sure enough it was and he bought it for Me because he knew I absolutely loved Godzilla! This is one of the most cherished memories I have of My Grandpa (I miss him so much) Sad Crying or Very sad This Godzilla is about 11" or so inches tall and is of a thick yet soft kind of rubber but not like the classic vinyl Kaiju figures of Japan. He moves at the shoulders & hips as well as a single joint in his tail. I love the detail and sculpting is really nice and is such a great version from the movie!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil13
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil16
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil15
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil14

Godzilla 1985 - Small Version! This one is nearly identical to the much larger one but is only about 5" or so. My Grandma got Me him not to long after My Grandpa got Me the big one. I believe she got Me him either at Ben Franklin's or Ventures.  

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil19
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil18
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil17

King Kong 1933! Yes, the original Kong! His sculpting is great, I always loved how he looked here. I find the sculpting and everything really good. My Grandma got Me him I believe it was at Ben Franklin's (Gosh I loved that store!) and he was such a must for Me!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 King_k11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 King_k10

The UNIVERSAL MONSTERS! Yes! Imperial made the classic Universal Monsters too! I was so surprised when I found them and how I did as well! My Grandparents took Me to Venture as usual (one of My favorite department stores of all that has been gone for decades) and down at the end of the action figure isle there was a bin where loose figures and novelties were and there they were...The Universal Monsters! They only made four of them. All have terrific sculpting and are about 8" tall give or take. They all have the same POA at the neck and shoulders. They also have a ton of info sculpted on their backs. Like I said, these guys were loose in a bin but later on they would be carded.

The Wolfman!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Wolfma11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Wolfma10

Frankenstein's Monster!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Franke10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Franke11

Dracula!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Dracul11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Dracul10

The Mummy!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Mummy_11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Mummy_10

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Godzilla 1985 vs. King Kong 1933!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Godzil20

Frankenstein meets the Wolfman as the other monsters look on!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Imperi10

Super Group of the Imperial Classic Monsters!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Imperi11

Well, that's all for now, I hope you have enjoyed My Imperial Classic Monsters showcase. Wait until you guys see what I have instore in the coming weeks so more is coming really soon! Till then I'll see you around Very Happy

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2021 12:00 pm

You certainly have a great selection of monsters and stuff Brandon bounce , thanks for taking the time to share them cheers cheers

Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 9:24 am

Great collection Brandon!

I especially like the 11" Godzilla figure.

Daryl

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2021 10:27 am

BrandontheFigureFreak wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:

TNshooter wrote:
Very cool that you still have the VHS tapes from back in the day!

Do you still have a VHS player to watch them with?

Daryl

Thanks Daryl, I actually do but I'm still trying to figure out how to make it work since everything is modern now and with HDMI but that is a whole different topic right there Rolling Eyes

My TV has connections, which in the old days were called RCA jacks. I'm not sure what they are called now.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Tv_jac10

The left image is the jacks on the TV, the right image is the jacks from the VCR. If yours has them.

That should connect the VCR to the TV. After that, select the input on your TV for it to show the input.

BUT, make sure the heads, capstans and rollers are clean before you try to run the tape. If not, the VCR will
"eat" the tape. Meaning it will stick and pull the tape into a mess in the VCR. If that makes sense. In this case
the plugs will go into the slots of video input 1. The color of the plugs will match with the colors of the receiving
plug in spots.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 8:12 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
You certainly have a great selection of monsters and stuff Brandon bounce , thanks for taking the time to share them cheers cheers

Thanks Very Happy Yes, I love them kind of figures. Your welcome Dal Smile

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2021 8:21 am

TNshooter wrote:
Great collection Brandon!

I especially like the 11" Godzilla figure.

Daryl

Thanks Daryl, I'm glad you like My big Godzilla Very Happy

Yeah, those output/input I'm familiar with those but with recent tec it is more difficult. I appreciate that very much Smile

More great vintage figures and more to come soon!

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:46 am

Here we go with My next update. I thought that this would be very apropos that I would showcase My Bog-O-Bones from the short lived Boglins series made by Mattel because I got him around the same time as I did My Imperial Universal Monsters at Venture (previously seen within this great classic/vintage action figure topic).

The series was out about 1987, a terrific time of horror & spooky fantasy when there was a wild need for little monsters & creatures like Gremlins, Trolls, & Ghoulies! The most underrated & scarce of them all IMO were the Boglins! They were under a Halloween sub-line/name/gimmick because they came out around that season and were perfect for it as Halloween was still classic & fun and still really meant something. I absolutely loved them and regret not getting anymore of these guys. These figures were actually hand puppets and worked wonderfully (Mattel would revisit this type of feature with some the awesome Street Sharks in the 90s which I will get to soon enough Surprised ). He has eye gears & levers inside his head to control their movements and a compartment for his mouth to open and close. Most of his body is of a smooth kind of rubber but his eyes are plastic. Thank goodness I took care of My BOG-O-BONES as he is well over thirty years old! I played with him so much when I was young and still did even when I got older and I am happy to admit, to this day I continue to do so from time to time just not as playful mind you! I loved how they came in this cool and scary looking box as you can tell what kind of time they are from which was obviously full of horrific grandeur Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Bog-o-12

Here is his nice and hilarious yet taking itself seriously bio card on the box  Wink

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Bog-o-10

Instructions for the kids on the back of the bio card. Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Bog-o-13

Examples of his box. Please note that I have misplaced his black bars to keep him secure. I loved the artwork that Mattel used in the 80s & 90s. It shows the rest of the series of the main Boglins as well as smaller ones to collect. Another aspect that I really love is the scientific way & story of explaining them as a species (hopefully this made some kids back in the day wonder about mysterious creatures and want to study known ones Idea ).

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Bog-o-11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Bog-o-15

Oh no, BOGGY has escaped Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Bog-o-14

What? Peter Venkman of The Real Ghostbusters is scared stiff of BOG-O-BONES Surprised

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Bog-o-16

So there you have it, My Boggy from one of the most obscure series' by Mattel (if not by any company for that matter) The Boglins! I have much more vintage goodness from the 80s yet to be seen and some will really be surprising! Next update coming soon...until then I'll see you around Cool

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 12:06 pm

OK, just a just a sweet bonus, I felt that this had to be a part of Mt Vintage Action Figure topic one way or another. If you want see the entre post then please see My Dinosaur Action Figure topic here!

OK, now the Dino-Riders. It was a great but very short-runned animated TV show 87-88. These are My only Dino-Riders, they were part of a great series made by the legendary company called Tyco! Unfortunately I never collected them for whatever reasons (I remember seeing tons of them at Grandpa Pigeons) and I really, really regret that as I think they were just awesome. The Dino-Riders are kinda scarce over the years and can be really expensive online as they are a top collectible series with good meaning. The characters were called Pteranodon with Rasp. I loved the sculpting and the realistic approach they tried with the animals. I love the flying reptile's eyes, it was really an old school technique that I really miss these days. They are well made. Sadly I didn't take care them as I have misplaced their saddle, armor, weapons and trap. They have some POA and if you press the button in on the Pteranodon's back, he flaps his wings!

Here they are displayed using the ultra-cool MattyCollector flying stands (man do they come in handy)!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 415

Here is a comparison of My Dino-Rider with My previously seen Larami T-Rex in My My Dinosaur Figure Topic! and the soon to be revealed (SPOILER! Check this section soon!) Brandon the Steel Brigader from G.I. Joe from 1987 Shocked  Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 613

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Sun May 23, 2021 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 12:07 pm

Here we go, this is really a mixture update. Originally. I wasn't sure how I was gonna present it or even if I was going to do it at all but here it is without further ado!

DC Super Powers Superman by Kenner Exclamation Yes, the original Superman action figure! Often I think about the DC Superpowers line. I remember way back in the 80s at a local store called Ben Franklin's (one of My favorites to go to, they were a great one as they had tons of great toys...went out of business years and years ago unfortunately) and I saw the DC SuperPowers in their special section like The Joker and Batman and I WASN'T wanting them! I only wanted Superman for whatever reason. I know I loved seeing the vintage cartoon and the George Reeves show so maybe that was it...I don't know. I was a young and a foolish kid let Me tell ya Rolling Eyes I kinda made up for it however when I got some of the ToyBiz "bootleg" DC/Batman 89 cross-over figure series (got them at the out of business K-Mart). I loved the Kenner Batman 89 & Batman Returns series as well (got them at the out of business Venture) so look for them in a very special update in the future! Unfortunately I do not have his blister card but I think the DC Superpowers artwork was and still is the best of all ever seen even to now IMO and of course they are My faves to this day!

So the figure is from 1984, he stands about in the 4" scale range. He is articulated at the head, shoulders, hips and knees. Supes has an action feature, you squeeze his legs together and his arms move up & down mimicking punches. The sculpting is really good and he has a nice cloth cape (thank goodness I kept him all intact).  

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Superm13
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Superm14
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Superm12

Copyright!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Kenner11

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Sun May 23, 2021 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Chuck Norris: Karate Kommandos by Kenner! Yep, I was a big Chuck Norris fan back in the day. This famed action figure series from the short animated mini-series in 1986! These figures are really nice. They were some of My favorites in My childhood growing up. I only have three of them and I have sadly misplaced their gear but their overall condition is still quite decent consider their age not to mention how I played with them all those years ago. They are in the 5 1/2 to 7" scale depending on the character. Their bodies are a combination of plastic & rubber. They are articulated at the head, shoulders, hips and knees. they also have action features like Superman squeezing their legs together making their arms go up & down mimicking punches and chops.

Chuck Norris: Look at that likeness, this is truly uncanny as to how much this looks like him. I mean we're talkin' sculpting this good before the techniques we know today that came in the 2000s Shocked His physique is right on a swell. I mean they wanted to do it right boy they knocked it out of the octagon!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Chuck_10

Tabe: This guy is really big and massive, he is a Sumo Wrestler and his sculpting is really good.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Tabe_110

Ninja Master: He is the villain of the series and his name speaks for itself. Looking like a generic ninja yet very original & menacing at the same time. He too is also sculpted very good.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Ninja_10

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Sun May 23, 2021 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blondeactionman and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 12:14 pm

SPECIAL GALLERY!

Copyright!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Chuck_13

Group Shot of Karate Kommandos! (Note, Tabe has a McFarlane stand, those come in handy so much!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Chuck_14

Chuck Norris with Superman!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Superm15

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 12:14 pm

Now, continuing the trend of martial arts fighters, the fighting trend of the 80s was such a cool blaze and one that I just loved as a kid (I miss those time so much) and in fact it became a major part of My life. So here is one figure that I got that is a bit older and actually before the Karate Kommados and this is the Karate figure from the DragonForce series made by Lanard in 1985! This "DragonMasters" character is simply called Karate (Black) because he originally came with a black Gi and Red Belt that I have unfortunately misplaced. There were six characters altogether including a Red Female Ninja that I would've loved to have, again I was a fool then. This was one of Lanard's first major series' in the 80s and like most vintage figures, they can be very hard to find and expensive to obtain. Now, the sculpting of this guy is really good, his face is decent and his physique is rather nice and looks like what you would expect from a classic martial artist IMO. His torso is of a thin plastic but his arms & legs are of a smooth feeling rubber. He has an action feature that is similar like the Karate Kommandos.

Here is some pics of him along with his Copyright!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Karate11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Karate12

Here is Karate with Chuck Norris for comparison!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Karate10

That's all for now, there is so much more that I'm gonna showcase of My vintage action figures and more is coming your way soon but untill then I'll see you around Cool

TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 9:49 am

Cool figures Brandon!

If you remove Chuck's mustache, he would look like he did as an adversary in a Bruce Lee movie.
I don't remember which movie it was (I saw it years ago).

The Master Ninja is interesting, I wonder if Hasbro copied it for their Red Ninja in the ARAH line.
A female red ninja? Perhaps another copy of Hasbro for their Jinx figure?

To be honest I didn't know Lanard was doing figures back then. First I had heard of them was for
the Ultra Corps line. If you look at their website, they are still doing The Corps figures in 1/18 size.

But, great collection!

Daryl
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2021 1:09 pm

Hey Daryl, thanks a lot bounce  Yes, Norris would and that movie was called The way of the Dragon, one of My faves growing up and one of the movies that truly got Me into Martial Arts, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris and the like.

I don't know for a fact but I wouldn't doubt that Hasbro "borrowed" Lanard's concept of the red ninjas and in fact Jinx didn't come out till 1987 which Lanard's Dragon Force series was made in 1985 Shocked

Actually, Lanard was founded in around 1978, I think they were making small, less complicated figures and toys before this series but again I'm not sure. Yes, I have looked at Lanard's page from time to time because I found out that they made Rampage, Kong, and even AvP figures since I was impressed with them. The Corps I believe is their number one seller however so I think that is way they still make them Surprised

Thanks again Daryl, more great stuff coming soon  Very Happy

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 10:43 am

OK, here is My update! Now, following in the footsteps of My previous one, this is gonna be a different and quite a mixed up one to boot! Here we go with some rather obscure entries and quite frankly some unfortunately forgotten figures of the of 80s by many Rolling Eyes

Batoon V 2.0 from the X-Changers series made by Acamas Toys but the original head sculpt was made by SEWCO. These were part of many of the MOTU knockoffs/bootlegs of the decade and also trending line of science fiction themed characters. His has several POA and his armor is removable and his body can be taken apart to mix with the other characters (I do not have any others). His sculpting is decent. My Grandma got Me him back in the day Smile

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Batoon11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Batoon12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Batoon10

A comparison with MOTU Prince Adam!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Batoon13

So here is the SECTAURS! from the short lived miniseries in 1985. The figures were made in 1984 however. Unfortunately I only have three of them and I have misplaced their accessories and bug pets. These guys are really cool, kinda large, have good sculpting and sport some POA with good poseabilty. Either My Grandma or Mom got Me them, I'm not really sure on this one.

Zak: He has always been My favorite because his blue and overall appearance.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Zak_110

Skito

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Skito_10

Dargon

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Dargon10

Group shots!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Sectau11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Sectau10

SPECIAL PIC! Here is a copyright on his right leg like I always like to show but this one is extremely personal because My Mom carved My name into his left leg She did this because I took a lot of My action figures to Kindergarten for "Show and Tell" so i didn't lose him. This really brought back the memories when I found this guy in storage not that long ago  Very Happy Crying or Very sad

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 My_nam11

Next up is the Super Naturals made by Tonka! This is from a special series that was truly an awesome and original concept from back then in 1987! I loved the sorcery and horror and overall fantasy of this series. The guys had nothing to back them up like a cartoon show or a comic series. Sadly, they didn't go over very well and I'm really not sure as to the reason. It was really pathetic whatever it was IMO. I only have three figures and regret not getting more of them. These figures has a few POA and hollowed out torsos with a special holographic image in the place of the chest & head areas. Over time they got worn out but they still work under light however and still look great (take a gander of the pics in a bit). I have misplaced their accessories but they are in still decent shape. My Grandma got Me these guys from a Walgreens on a street that had many awesome stores that she got Me so many great figures from and during a time I miss very, very much Rolling Eyes

Lionheart: Look at that awesome lion, gosh the 80s tech was so cool  bounce

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Lionhe10

BurnHeart: He is really spooky  What a Face

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Burnhe10

Vamp-Pa:: Notice his pet then he himself Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Vamp-p11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Vamp-p10

Copyright!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Super_12

Group shot!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Super_11

The Sectaurs meet The Super Naturals Exclamation

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Sectau12

Scale comparison with Zak, Prince Adam and BurnHeart!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Scale_15

Now the thing is this and its a real kicker. Its bad enough that the 80s was one of the greatest times for action figures and every-time I think about it how cool it was, we truly never knew what we had Crying or Very sad  The Super Naturals' holographic concept was such a brilliant and clever piece for these awesome times of fantasy, people didn't know how great it truly was. What makes it even worse is that around 2 years later Hasbro would make The Visionaries, an extremely short lived action figure series that was based from a cartoon series of the same name that "borrowed" the same, exact concept of Tonka's Super Naturals holographic torsos just in a larger scale G.I. Joe style line and this was a couple years BEFORE they bought Tonka & Kenner! Sadly, The Visionaries would last as long as The Super Naturals which wasn't very long at all. While I am on that subject, I plan of showcasing My collection of The Visionaries down the road in the near future in time but I have much more to showcase before hand Smile

So that is all for now, I hope you have enjoyed this. I have lots of vintage 80s goodness coming soon, a lot that I recently found in storage that will be very surprising, until then, I'll see you around  Cool

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 6:27 am

So here we go with yet another mixed update but this will be quite the special one. I have been longing to present this for a long while now. What I will showcase is brief entries of the universes of The Centurions, Bravestarr and Captain Power! When I was little I either never faithfully wanted them like a fool or My Parents couldn't find anymore for Me. I look back on these guys from all of those years ago to this very moment how I miss those times and really regret not getting more of them then or even making up for when I could have gotten them in the 2000s instead of buying things that were hundreds of dollars that I sold off recently...so very pathetic Rolling Eyes Inbound is the showcase Very Happy

Dr. Terror the Evil Genius from The Centurions: Power Xtreme! This was based from the animated series of the same title from 1985-1986 and the figures were made by Kenner!. My Mom got Me this figure of Dr. Terror. She also got Me at least one other that I recall which was Ace McCloud but unfortunately I misplaced him and possibly others but fortunately I still have Dr. Terror intact. Gosh, I remember Me playing with him at My Mom's old but great house on the back-steps in the back yard while she was doing yard work and planting those miniature tomatoes...ah those memories Sad

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Dr_ter10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Dr_ter11

Here he is without his helmet, so classic looking!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Dr_ter12

He has several POA having cut neck as does his additional silver cranium, a decent right shoulder & hip, hinges at the right elbow and both knees and some other POA on his left side. His feature was that his exploded into half and shot a missile from his left arm cannon. I have sadly misplaced his projectile.

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Dr_ter13

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 6:28 am

Tex Hex the Terrible from Bravestarr made by Mattel! He was the villain from one of My all-time faves next to MOTU. The cartoon show ran from 1987 - 1989. My Grandma got Me him. I remember thinking how different the figures were compared to MOTU despite being made by the same company and the cartoons were very similar. This was the only Bravestarr figure I ever got and unfortunately Mattel never revived the series and has since become a cult classic by some yet forgotten by others Rolling Eyes  I felt back during the MattyCollector days that Bravestarr could have easily been made into the MOTUC crossing over with it or on its own like before but Mattel was being Mattel Mad Tex has several POA and rather good ones I must say and I wonder why Mattel among other companies didn't continue this trend because I feel that the concept was before it's time and quite ideal. Overy time the type is really scarce and I have only seen a very small amount of figures over that last decade with a body and articulation like this. Tex is a large figure, even larger than Dr. Terror at about 8" or so. He has a nice neck acting similar like a ball, ranging shoulders, elbows hinge & twist and wrist as well, hips go in and out and has hinged knees. The sculpting is quite great and I love his silver hair. I misplaced his hat. I love his duel knives that sheath from his bandoleer and I dig his hand gun. His rifle is also quite sweet. Most of his weapons store on his body!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Tex_he12
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Tex_he10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Tex_he11
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Tex_he13
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Tex_he14

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 6:30 am

Lord Dread the Evil Mastermind from Captain Power: Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future made by Mattell! This was a live action/CGI/animated TV show that aired from 1987 - 1988. Such a dandy. My Grandparents got Me him for Christmas. I just loved this guy and face-wise IMO I always thought he kinda resembled Dr. Terror the Evil Genius from The Centurions, such a classic 80s cyborg design. Now he is much, much smaller than the two other figures that I have showcased here. He is about 3 3/4" or 1:18 scale. The sculpting is quite good. I have always loved the material that he is made out of. In fact he has about three different ones, two that are plastic which one is a typical type while the other is really smooth. Now the sweet one is the vac metal and it's really shiny! He has a neck cut, ball-jointed shoulders and hips and hinged elbows and knees. I misplaced his purple cloth cape and his weapon but at least he still looks great!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Lord_d10
My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Lord_d11

BONUS STUFF!

Bravestarr's Tex Hex and MOTU's Prince Adam

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Tex_he15

Group shot!

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Group_23

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!   My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My VINTAGE Action Figure Collection: Gabara, The Mummy's Curse & More!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: