ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Girl...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 10:39 pm

Just got a new sculpt and did a couple of quick pics on Sarah the Server's pale mid bust body. No name as yet, but hopefully one will reveal itself.

New Girl... JEWjaeL

New Girl... J1bn5MW

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 10:52 pm

Very nice Roy, be great to eventually find out her name and of course how she will fit into your 1/6 world cheers cheers cheers

SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2021 10:55 pm

Thanks, Naming figures is tricky for me, I generally go with my instincts, but some have been changed as I had too many cute names vs real world simpler ones. I'm thinking perhaps Brandie, but I already have a Wendy... (Sigh)

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 12:48 am

The sailors say Brandie. You wouldn’t want to argue with a sailor, would you? Wink

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 12:59 am

True Dat. But I'm leaning more towards 'Taylor'...

Too many names ending with the 'e' sound. Not a big deal, but she seems more of a Taylor than a Brandy, Brandee, Brandie, or such. I was thinking 'Madison' but already have a Maddie in my Articulateds.

I'm planning on putting her to work with the 'VooDoo Dolls' as a rhythm guitar player, or maybe Bass. Things tend to change all on their own in VooDoo...

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 1:58 am

Is that head sculpt the SDH018? If so, it is one of my favorites. In fact, it was one of Kimono Troop Command's characters, Capt. Glynnis Penny-Farthing, using this head sculpt, that pushed me further down the road in to accumulating Phicen figures.

https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t11018-captain-glynnis-penny-farthing-obe-a-genesis

I, too, find coming up with suitable names to be challenging. Occasionally a name suggests itself and is a perfect fit, but more often than not, I struggle. However, when I decided to try to emulate  Rolling Eyes  K-Troop's Glynnis Penny-Farthing figure, I pretty much stole the name as well, calling my version Gwendolyn Shilling-Tuppence.

New Girl... 50386845482_4773d96d6b
Gwendolyn Shilling-Tuppence

Taylor works as a name for your new character, I think. That "little black dress" outfit looks great on the figure. Will you likely be using this same body type for both Maybe-Taylor and Temporarily Disembodied Sarah the Server?

I cannot tell for certain in these pics if your used the shorter, platinum hair "A" version of the SDH018 or the blonde "B" version, but with a shoulder-length trim?

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
SixthShooter
Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 2:09 am

She is the Super Duck SDH-018A, the shorter hair version. In looking back, I should have gone the longer hair version as she looks awfully similar to Sarah the Server. I somehow ended up with an extra Phicen pale mid-bust so ordered the sculpt to fully use my figures, though I'm using bodies interchangeably between the standing and non-standing versions, which gives me a lot of range for characters, and saves me changing a figure out of a difficult to put on or remove clothing, like my Ghost in the Shell "Major' which has the tight fitting leggings and difficult to put on boots with tiny buckles and straps. I'm finding swapping bodies is the simplest way to do a complete clothing change with no fuss for photos.

For naming, I try to let a name come to me rather than forcing it. The ones I just slapped a name on invariably ended up being changed. Whereas the ones I just let sit and played with ended up having names I've kept for them.

All afternoon, with this little lady I keep hearing 'Taylor' so I'm going with that for her.

That 'Little Black Dress' is one of the best I've ever purchased, and makes the perfect server uniform. I also have another two, I've never opened yet for spares, just in case one of my other girls has a big date. ;-)

Sarah's looking distinctly more casual today as she's getting ready for her intro shots for Chapter one of VooDoo. She's using the body that I got the Taylor sculpt for...

New Girl... Rax28ec

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 2:40 am

Story in the works! Excellent!

Yes... in addition to stealing your credit card to order shoes, you will eventually find them demanding that you feature them in stories. The spoiled little things all want to be stars!
Razz

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 3:01 am

I've been thinking of how I want to do the story as far as any plot goes, but currently, I'm thinking of simply starting with Sarah applying for a job at VooDoo, and going on from there, just letting it flow on it's own vs writing a plot. I have the option of following Sarah from her perspective as she evolves, or I can feature a different figure each Chapter. Kind of a backstory for each major player showing how they arrived at VooDoo and how it effects their lives. One thing I do know is there are endless spins off of just VooDoo, and would give me good use of the never ending Dio. Lol

Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 7:29 am

I’m really really liking Sarah's YELLOW hoodie. Nice touch on the little handbag. 1/6 scale female jeans ALWAYS look so tight on them to me. I’m liking the simple pose she’s in.

Eagle Eyes
SixthShooter

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2021 5:23 pm

The jeans are by ACM Toys, and are easily the best quality and fit I've ever had. They fit perfectly and are tight in all the right places while allowing a wide range of movement and posing, pretty much the same as in the 1:1 world. I have several pairs of older custom made jeans, and they were good in the day, but the current products are as with most of 1/6 far superior to what was cutting edge ten years back.

Sponsored content

New Girl... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Girl...   New Girl... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Girl...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Seamless Collections (TBL-Phicen & Jiaou Figures) :: Seamless Random Pictures-
Jump to: