ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Apache

Go down 
+3
RealSarahdactyl
Kimono Troop Command
Chip
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 12:52 am

The Apache was a name given to a female Vietcong Sniper , in the book  White Feather by " Carlos Hathcock " . She was ruthless . She was not so well known for her sniping skills , but did get a reputation from working with a small group of V.C , she liked to capture and torture American troops . Often torturing them at night so there screams could be heard on a near by base , releasing them so severely that they would not survive , and often dying within sight of the Marine base trying to make it home . She was eventually taken out by the famous Marine Sniper " Carlos Hathcock " .  At some distance from the base a group of V.C were spotted by Carlos and his team mate , and ignoring her comrades telling her not too , she squatted to urinate giving her identity away , and Carlos took the shot .

The Apache  1-P1120378

The Apache  2-P1120357

The Apache  3-P1120360

The Apache  4-P1120380

The Apache  5-P1120374

The Apache  6-P1120369

The Apache  7-P1120371

The Apache  8-P1120363

The Apache  9-P1120353

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 1:54 am

Great figure.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 3:42 am

Based on that story. I'd say, good for Carlos! Another great bash Chip.
Back to top Go down

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 6:06 am

Anyone that inhuman is hardly worthy of your magnificent skills Chip.  No
She died FAR too quickly!

"The shots fired by Hathcock completely shattered Apache’s spine and blew out all of her lower organs. A key moral victory for the U.S. troops, for Hathcock, and justice served for the ones brutally tortured at her hand."
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 8:05 am

Quality bash Chip!
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 3:21 pm

Thanks for the kind comments . She was indeed an evil character for sure .

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2021 11:18 pm

Chip wrote:
 She was indeed an evil character for sure .
Specially if you read of her favourite methods of inflicting pain.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 12:18 am

LeStryge wrote:
Chip wrote:

They are quite hard to forget aren't they Barry . I hope to read the book again soon , I am slowly working on Carlos . So many pics on the net , claim to be of him but are not , makes it a little harder .

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 1:02 am

Great figure and story. A fitting and undignified end for her. Karma can be a Bitch...
Have you considered making some VC Tire sandals for her? I think it'd round off the look.
Back to top Go down

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 1:25 am

Mark, can I ask where/how you keep/display your magnificent and ever growing Vietnam contingent?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 2:06 am

LeStryge wrote:
Chip wrote:

Which I did... and wish I hadn't.

Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 6:58 am

[/quote]Which I did... and wish I hadn't.[/quote]

The North Vietnamese could be very cold in their methods

I had the same thought as SixthShooter, in wondering if you
would give her VC tire sandals?

Yet another great figure in your collection Chip! Your attention
to detail is amazing. It seems you have done your homework
in the characters, uniforms and details in your Vietnam figures.

Daryl
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 4:27 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Mark, can I ask where/how you keep/display your magnificent and ever growing Vietnam contingent?

My loft is decked out with good insulation and flooring , it`s a bit like an indoor shed . Very Happy Lots of the figures are on shelves , and some are stored in boxes .

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 4:29 pm

I am glad you are finding her of interest folks . I am considering making her some Sandals . Her feet are tiny so they will have to be custom made .

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 7:22 pm

Chip wrote:
I am glad you are finding her of interest folks . I am considering making her some Sandals . Her feet are tiny so they will have to be custom made .

Seems they're pretty basic and should be easy to make. I've seen some simple tutorials on line as well. I think they'd just add the final touch to your figure. ;-)
Back to top Go down

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 7:33 pm

In case you wanted to meet the Guy...

The Apache  IQkvbzD
Back to top Go down

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 8:27 pm

BTW Chip, as you're into Vietnam... Any interest in this. Quite a rare item even in the 1:1 World.

The Apache  HmdhLaY
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2021 10:57 pm

Thanks Roy , Thanks for the Stoner offer , but I already have three or four Stoners waiting for some figure to use them . Out of interest do you know what make it is , as it does differ to mine ?

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 2:48 am

Not sure, it came with a Navy SEALS uniform set I bought, not sure why, as I never used anything from it. Early days in 1/6th I suppose when I just bought anything they were clearing out at the local hobby shop. Possibly 21st Century?

Though the Stoner itself is a cool piece, as evidenced by several YouTube videos of this rare and largely unknown firearm being shot. Maybe I'll let my girl take it to the range before I chuck it. 

You did ask me to let you know before I discarded something. ;-)
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 1:24 pm

Yes thanks Roy , I did see it in your earlier for sales thread . I still think it`s worth posting stuff up before you bin it , as long as people are willing to pay the shipping , it`s got to be better than binning it .

Professor Gangrene Fan

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2021 8:32 am

I’m really liking the different poses you’v put the female Vietcong Sniper in each picture.

The Apache  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Apache    The Apache  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Apache
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: