ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.

Go down 
+2
Chip
Professor Gangrene Fan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 2:22 pm

Having been inspired by a number of Twi'Lek bashes, I thought I would have a go myself. This is the first real full on creation, which required far more custom work than I have ever done. I used a number of methods from various members across forum, Ephiane's (of OSF) marvelous method of using pastels to dye an already heavily stained TBL body, and chips fantastic painting advice!
I used green stuff to create her tails which I stuck to her head after a lot of prep work, removing hair, ears and then repainting her face. Her outfit is a mixture of available stuff on ebay. Her helmet was a 21st century piece that was custom cut to fit her head. The goggles were modern action man (I think) and repainted, as was her belt, which was originally from a cheap Jango Fett figure, which I cut down to fit her blasters.

Bit of backstory.

Sinya, which means darkness in her Twi'Lek tingue, was taken into slavery by the Empire after he fall of the Jedi Order. She escaped her captures and fled to the outer rim, where she became a pod racer driver, which would eventually hone her skills as a pilot. She quickly feel into the criminal element and became quite an expert pilot, gunslinger and gun for hire.
Eventually, she was recruited into the Rebel Alliance, and now battle the Empire to restore freedom back to the galaxy!

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51128339315_bd1a75a725_cSinya - Star Wars Twi'Lek Custom (1) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127263177_0e71bcf575_cSinya - Star Wars Twi'Lek Custom (2) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127438693_2963380bfd_cSinya - Star Wars Twi'Lek Custom (3) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127438033_af8dd2353c_cSinya - Star Wars Twi'Lek Custom (4) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127279154_893fdde842_cSinya - Star Wars Twi'Lek Custom (5) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127278479_3f898d7723_cSinya - Star Wars Twi'Lek Custom (6) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51127436513_3b6b987c38_cSinya - Star Wars Twi'Lek Custom (7) by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. 51128335530_45be2da4b0_cSinya - Star Wars Twi'Lek Custom (Cool by Dal Lee, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 3:12 pm

Okay Sinya has to be the best ever custom work you’ve ever created. It’s just so incredible. Give yourself a huge pack on the back Dal old bean.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 3:38 pm

I agree with Professor Gangrene Fan! Amazing custom work! Impressive paint and dye work! Excellent costume kit bashing! And the “head tentacles” (lekku, I think they are called) turned out really well!

I expect this figure will become a “star attraction” on the other forum, the one with a lot of Star Wars fans!

Superb results! And cool photographs with which to introduce your new character.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 4:28 pm

Blimey ! Most impressive , and your work must of flowed as you have achieved this very quickly , which I often find a good thing . I am impressed . Well don Dal .

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 8:10 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Okay Sinya has to be the best ever custom work you’ve ever created. It’s just so incredible. Give yourself a huge pack on the back Dal old bean.

Many thanks Alex! that really means a lot my friend bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 8:12 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
I agree with Professor Gangrene Fan! Amazing custom work! Impressive paint and dye work! Excellent costume kit bashing! And the “head tentacles” (lekku, I think they are called) turned out really well!

I expect this figure will become a “star attraction” on the other forum, the one with a lot of Star Wars fans!

Superb results! And cool photographs with which to introduce your new character.

Cheers Dave! so pleased you liked her, and I know you took a huge interest in her development. I'm so pleased you like her and her outfit. It was a lot of sorting through stuff and taking small odds and ends from other figs.
I think you could be right about the other forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 8:15 pm

Chip wrote:
Blimey ! Most impressive , and your work must of flowed as you have achieved this very quickly , which I often find a good thing . I am impressed . Well don Dal .

Thanks chip bounce bounce  Your advice about painting the rubber belts worked out a treat and I was so happy for your advice. I have been working on her in the evenings which is quite usual for me as I'm usually knackered after getting back after Oscar's evening walk, but i was enjoying the whole process.
Really pleased you like her Chip, really means a lot!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 10:06 pm

Worth me dropping in to give you a huge ATTA-BOY there Dal. Kinda think you guys have just been humoring me. ;-)
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 11:21 pm

SixthShooter wrote:
Worth me dropping in to give you a huge ATTA-BOY there Dal. Kinda think you guys have just been humoring me. ;-)

Yeah... I think Dal has been stringing all of us along. Now suddenly he slips this in to the conversation to put us in our places! Razz

GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 2:50 am

Really nice work Dal. I see that aliens from a galaxy far, far away have invaded Dinosaur Valley.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 7:54 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
SixthShooter wrote:

Yeah... I think Dal has been stringing all of us along. Now suddenly he slips this in to the conversation to put us in our places! Razz

Very Happy  I have to be honest guys, I never dreamed she would have turned out the way she did. It was a huge gamble to dye a body in the hope I could get it right bounce bounce bounce .
I do appreciate all the wonderful and kind comments everyone has left behind, but without advice and support from others, I'm not sure she would have turned out as well cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 7:55 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Really nice work Dal.  I see that aliens from a galaxy far, far away have invaded Dinosaur Valley.  

Cheers Gary! well, we know Dinosaur Valley attracts all sorts  lol! lol! , who knows who will turn up next?
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 pm

A very striking creation Dal! cheers cheers

Who would have thought you could dye silicon, I remember having trouble dying a nylon velour Lancer uni! lol!

Good colour match with blue face paint too!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 6:32 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
A very striking creation Dal! cheers cheers

Who would have thought you could dye silicon, I remember having trouble dying a nylon velour Lancer uni! lol!

Good colour match with blue face paint too!

Cheers Steve bounce , Really pleased you like her Very Happy . I was reading some posts on onesixfigures forum about dying the bodies and thought I'd have a go. I was really pleased with the colour match for the head, but you can't really go wrong with citadel paints can we?? bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
GERMAN STORMTROOPER
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Really nice work Dal.  I see that aliens from a galaxy far, far away have invaded Dinosaur Valley.  

Cheers Gary! well, we know Dinosaur Valley attracts all sorts  lol! lol! , who knows who will turn up next?

I have a feeling some of them might be wearing German helmets.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 9:07 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:

I have a feeling some of them might be wearing German helmets.  

It will certainly be an interesting development, thats for sure  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.   Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Twi'Lek custom Gun for hire/freedom fighter - Sinya.
Page 1 of 1