ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set   Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 4:44 am

Hasbro / FAO Schwartz Star Wars Wedge and Biggs Box Set:

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april1
Hasbro FAO Schwartz Star Wars 12-inch Action Figure 2-Pack
Unopened Box from circa 1998

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april2
Package Back. I should have paid more attention. It appears the package
is designed to become a "fold-out diorama" backdrop for the figures.

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april3
Imprisoned in Carbonite... or cardboard... for nearly a quarter century!

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april4
Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter, two minor characters from the
Star Wars universe who became cult favorites, eventually meriting their own
action figures

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april5
First breath of fresh air since 1998

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april6
This might take a while. Still not as bad as a typical Bratz doll, though.

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april7
So that's what's been behind us for two decades!
Yeah... woulda made a cool diorama backdrop... if some lard-head
hadn't torn it up and thrown it away!

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april8
We're free!
Uh huh.
So... what do we do now?
I dunno.

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april9
Do these guys look even remotely like Biggs and Wedge? NO! No, they do NOT!

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april10
But... having a set of Smothers Brothers action figures is kinda cool!

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set 21april11
Worth the Price of Admission just for the Uniform and Accessories

These poor Hasbro Star Wars pilots have been stuck in their box since 1998, or nearly a quarter of a century.

These sets are extremely common on the secondary market (eBay), in unopened mint-in-box condition, usually retailing for $30 to $40 USD, plus another $10 or $15 for shipping.

It appears that more of these sets were sold to "collectors" who kept them pristine in the packaging than were actually sold to kids to play with. Now the Star Wars generation is beginning to die off and their once-treasured trash is turning up on eBay... where it's not selling unless the price is give-away cheap.

I opened the box after snapping this picture, took everything out, and discarded the packaging. Only while posting these pictures did I realize the packaging was intended to be used as a picturesque diorama backdrop. Oh well.

I actually purchased this set recently to use the orange jumpsuits and some of the accessories. It was only after realizing the uncanny resemblance to The Smothers Brothers that I began to consider keeping the figures. If you don't remember The Smothers Brothers... that's okay. They're not really relevant anymore. If you do remember The Smothers Brothers, then you're old enough that your kids are probably selling off your treasured heirlooms on eBay... and cursing your poor taste for not having saved anything of value.

Action Soldier
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set   Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 5:02 am

Dave I had to.poke fun on Flickr.. but seriously though. Now they're out of their cardboard prison, are you making them a ship?

Also this is so true, I had a Hasbro Planet of the Apes Cornelius doll when it was little. My brother took his soldier out of the pack, I kept mine in. Then I found him in a hobby shop years later for what my Mum paid for him when I was a kid. Haha.
Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set   Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 5:35 am

RealSarahdactyl wrote:
Dave I had to.poke fun on Flickr.. but seriously though. Now they're out of their cardboard prison, are you making them a ship?

Also this is so true, I had a Hasbro Planet of the Apes Cornelius doll when it was little. My brother took his soldier out of the pack, I kept mine in. Then I found him in a hobby shop years later for what my Mum paid for him when I was a kid. Haha.

I find it quite odd how some figures increase dramatically in value, sometimes within a short time after release, while others can be found decades later, mint in package, for less than original retail.

Razz There's not much point in having "pilot" figures unless they have something to fly, is there? There was a brief discussion about space ship control cabins on 'chat' recently which may have influenced the purchase of these figures. Embarassed

Medic
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set   Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 1:36 pm

I can see you having so much fun with these Dave , I am actually a little envious . Look forward to see where you go with these .

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set   Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 1:41 pm

Great pick up Dave! I shall look forward to what happens with the next? Though I suspect the figures (like mine) will end up in a storage tub Suspect, still in truth, maybe the best place for them?. Mean while, I'm sure the uni's will go to great use!

PostSubject: Re: Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set   Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hasbro STAR WARS Wedge Antilles and Biggs Darklighter Box Set
Page 1 of 1