ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.

Go down 
+3
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
TNshooter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Empty
PostSubject: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 5:04 am

As you can see from the photos below, the bad guys of Stahtruppe have grown in number as Erika's Argentine and Paraguayan relatives keep popping out of the woodwork.  Uniforms and equipment continue to be an eclectic mix.  SS camo smocks have become popular with the members, though these are mixed with Heer (army) uniform items. I've recently acquired more helmets; most of the new ones being plastic as i find the metal ones, though nicer in some ways, make all but the Phicen figures kind of top heavy and more prone to tipping over.  So Phicen figures like Schatzie continue to wear metal helmets, the jointed figures are all wearing plastic ones now.  I've been adding things like bread bags and canteens, and when I can get them, cloth MP-40 magazine pouches, though these are hard to get parted out. Schatzie even has a bayonet for her Kar-98K. I've also gotten my hands on a few very nice potato masher grenades which I've passed around. These are all wood and metal and the end caps come off.

The chief weapon used by Stahltruppe is the MP-40 submachine gun, quite a few of which seem to have made their way to South America in suitcases when the Nazi ancestors of current Stahltruppe members fled Germany and war crimes trials to make new lives for themselves in Buenos Aires. The Mausers are mostly for sniping.  Lugers of course, remain THE iconic pistol of the 3rd Reich, despite the appearance of the P38.  

More bad guys still to come.  

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  51296727107_4af526b395_bPage_1 by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  51298183634_f7f87e84f3_bPage_2 by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  51297647798_b054ea3196_bPage_3 by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  51297647253_4b899dca29_bPage_4 by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  51296723762_6d128e04a9_bPage_5 by
Gary  Menten
, on Flickr

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

BAMComix, gibri, FIELD STATION 42 and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 7:44 am

Great looking squad.

Reminds me that I have two German officers made by Hasbro from Indiana Jones movies.
Somewhere....

I have too many boxes. I need to do an inventory....
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 7:51 am

they look like they mean business Gary! excellent work bounce .
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 10:24 am

I’m really liking the kitbashed new bad guys the Stahltruppes. I’m really liking the look of Alfried Stroessner-Morneo.

YAY on more bad guys still to come. I do love a bad guy myself.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 2:25 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Great looking squad.

Reminds me that I have two German officers made by Hasbro from Indiana Jones movies.
Somewhere....

I have too many boxes. I need to do an inventory....

Don't we all?
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 2:26 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
they look like they mean business Gary! excellent work bounce .

Nazis make such perfect villains.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 2:27 pm

Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
I’m really liking the kitbashed new bad guys the Stahltruppes. I’m really liking the look of Alfried Stroessner-Morneo.

YAY on more bad guys still to come. I do love a bad guy myself.

Yes...we need more bad guys for K-Troop to wantonly slaughter.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 6:00 pm

I like that line up Gary .

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 6:15 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2021 8:13 pm

Excellent additions to the crew, nicely detailed and equipped, with interesting face sculpts and, unusual in action figures, a variety of body shapes in both the girls and the guys! Nice work!

Schatzie V.S. Del Rio looks ready for anything she might come across during field patrol. Nice canteen and equipment pouch set-up on her belt, and that dagger looks genuinely menacing. You found a helmet and goggles that fit that head sculpt extremely well. The oversize rubber galoshes add an element of whimsical cuteness to her otherwise imposing (admittedly, rather sexy and imposing) presence.

Carlos is an extremely interesting addition! What a cool looking uniform... and it looks like he knows it! Carlos comes across to me in these initial images as being the "egotist" of the bunch, fancying himself quite the charmer. Who knows, perhaps he was a soap opera TV star in the "before times," and he carries that actor swagger with him now. Great equipment... because, c'mon, Luger! I can see this becoming a fun, and funny, character with which to work.

Did Heinz get a new face? I'd have to go back and look at the older images. He's nicely equipped, looking authentically attired. I don't know enough about specific uniforms to know if he's genuinely aouthentically kitted out, but he's certainly plausible enough. Yet, for all his scary German-ness, there's something about him that says Heinz is the "Sergeant Schultz" of Stahltruppe. He's got the look, he's got the gear, he can strike a pose, he can go through the motions, but... why does nothing ever go to plan? Why is everything so easy for that pompous git Carlos but nothing ever seems to work out the same for Heinz?

Alfried Strœsser-Moreno is an interesting character. Again, great field kit. That desert tan helmet work really well for him. Plenty of firepower to be a genuine threat to the enemy. I take it Alfried is one of the Argentinian contingent? My initial impression is that Alfried is the character who would be the most genuinely dangerous. Why? With that mustache and beard and swarthy complexion, he's not exactly a textbook example of Aryan superiority. Thus, Al has a permanent chip on his shoulder. He feels he has something to prove, and the way he proves it is by being stronger and tougher and meaner... and a better shot... than any of the other guys. Alfried, based on first appearances... which, I know, is not the way to judge a person, even a plastic person... is the one to watch out for; and the one to send on a mission when an absolute guarantee of success is required.

Commander von Stroheim - after that "rattlesnake incident" with Kamiko, she takes her desert-appropriate footwear very seriously!

I'm curious as to how the current Stahltruppe contingent fits in to your overall post-apocalyptic world scenario in which, generally speaking, men are a minority. From what we see here, it appears that the male gender equals or outnumbers females at Stahltruppe, while K-Troop, by comparison, is sadly under-manned... which they have, in the past, made very clear. Are we simply seeing a small but not representative sample of Stahltruppe at the moment? Or are the Girls with the Reich Stuff doing something to attract more male membership? Are we to presume that there are many more, currently unseen, Stahltruppe sirens behind the scenes, while these three lucky fellows carry the majority of the X-Y chromosome stock of Team von Stroheim?

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 1:08 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Excellent additions to the crew, nicely detailed and equipped, with interesting face sculpts and, unusual in action figures, a variety of body shapes in both the girls and the guys! Nice work!

Schatzie V.S. Del Rio looks ready for anything she might come across during field patrol. Nice canteen and equipment pouch set-up on her belt, and that dagger looks genuinely menacing. You found a helmet and goggles that fit that head sculpt extremely well. The oversize rubber galoshes add an element of whimsical cuteness to her otherwise imposing (admittedly, rather sexy and imposing) presence.

The helmet is the metal one that was originally on Heinz Pfeffer, but I've found that putting metal helmets on lightweight jointed figures makes them top heavy.  Phicens, with their heavier weight and better weight distribution however are fine with metal helmets. I put a plastic one on Heinz and gave Schatzie the metal one. The goggles are also the ones that were on Heinz at the outset, but I switched them to Schatzie to make her look meaner and help obscure the fact that it's the same head sculpt as Erika.  The "rubber" boots are in fact Russian female leather boots that simply look a bit oversize because they are meant to have breeches tucked into them.  I may replace them with another set of AfrikaKorps female boots that I have on order with Monkey Dep.  

Carlos is an extremely interesting addition! What a cool looking uniform... and it looks like he knows it! Carlos comes across to me in these initial images as being the "egotist" of the bunch, fancying himself quite the charmer. Who knows, perhaps he was a soap opera TV star in the "before times," and he carries that actor swagger with him now. Great equipment... because, c'mon, Luger! I can see this becoming a fun, and funny, character with which to work.

Carlos (Source name: Carl von Clauswitz, (1780-1831). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_von_Clausewitz is the Michael Corleone / Godfather Part II head sculpt and the figure is wearing an Army panzer crew uniform. And SS uniform would have had silver or white piping instead of pink piping.  

Did Heinz get a new face?

Nope, just lost the goggles.

I'd have to go back and look at the older images. He's nicely equipped, looking authentically attired. I don't know enough about specific uniforms to know if he's genuinely aouthentically kitted out, but he's certainly plausible enough. Yet, for all his scary German-ness, there's something about him that says Heinz is the "Sergeant Schultz" of Stahltruppe. He's got the look, he's got the gear, he can strike a pose, he can go through the motions, but... why does nothing ever go to plan? Why is everything so easy for that pompous git Carlos but nothing ever seems to work out the same for Heinz?

He's wearing an army field grey jacket (all you can see is the collar) over an SS camo smock.  I buy the smocks because they come up often and cheap on Monkey Depot and are easy to modify for busty female bodies. The white edging on his collar indicates that he is an NCO as opposed to a private.

Alfried Strœsser-Moreno is an interesting character. Again, great field kit. That desert tan helmet work really well for him. Plenty of firepower to be a genuine threat to the enemy. I take it Alfried is one of the Argentinian contingent? My initial impression is that Alfried is the character who would be the most genuinely dangerous. Why? With that mustache and beard and swarthy complexion, he's not exactly a textbook example of Aryan superiority. Thus, Al has a permanent chip on his shoulder. He feels he has something to prove, and the way he proves it is by being stronger and tougher and meaner... and a better shot... than any of the other guys. Alfried, based on first appearances... which, I know, is not the way to judge a person, even a plastic person... is the one to watch out for; and the one to send on a mission when an absolute guarantee of success is required.

Source name:  Alfredo Stroessner, 1912-2006, former military dictator of Paraguay, and of German descent  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfredo_Stroessner. Also Alfried Krupp von Bohlen und Halbach, 1907-1967, German industrialist and Nazi war criminal. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfried_Krupp_von_Bohlen_und_Halbach Famously photographed very in a very unflattering manner (and very purposely) by Newsweek photographer Arnold Newman.  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/26/lens/examining-arnold-newmans-environmental-portraits.html   Newman explains why:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WoJOAj9r6w

Alfried is a mix of Latin American Machismo and Aryan Ubermensch mentality.  He is hyper-masculine, but without any of the charm of Sir James,  and always looking for a fight.  Head sculpt is Michael Pena from the fil "Fury"  

Commander von Stroheim - after that "rattlesnake incident" with Kamiko, she takes her desert-appropriate footwear very seriously!

I'm curious as to how the current Stahltruppe contingent fits in to your overall post-apocalyptic world scenario in which, generally speaking, men are a minority. From what we see here, it appears that the male gender equals or outnumbers females at Stahltruppe, while K-Troop, by comparison, is sadly under-manned... which they have, in the past, made very clear. Are we simply seeing a small but not representative sample of Stahltruppe at the moment? Or are the Girls with the Reich Stuff doing something to attract more male membership? Are we to presume that there are many more, currently unseen, Stahltruppe sirens behind the scenes, while these three lucky fellows carry the majority of the X-Y chromosome stock of Team von Stroheim?

There are more men now in my world since I've integrated it it with others, though K-Troop remains an almost all-female unit.  Stahltruppe, for reasons of practicality will have to be a fairly mixed unit.  I will simply not be able to find enough German style uniforms that will fit female figures to make it an all-female unit. Plus. a lot of them will get killed and recycled.  So there will be a mix of expensive Phicens and inexpensive jointed bodies in Stahtruppe.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 1:34 am

Nice group of cannon fodder for K-Troop!

I also like the Alfred Stroessner-Moreno figure. Is that the one based on the actor, one of the tank crew from Fury? Sorry, not sure of his name, but I remember seeing a figure in his image previewed some months back.

Cool figures, looking forward to more of these neo-krauts

And like Alex said, I do love me some bad guys. Twisted Evil

edit: how did I miss that Michael/Al Pacino HS? -- nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 7:51 pm

Alfried Stroessner-Moreno is has the head sculpt of actor Michael Pena, who is in both "Fury" and "The Martian."

As for Michael Corleone, I really tried very hard to come up with some German-sounding variant of Corleone or something that would imply a "Godfather" connection but couldn't come up with anything, so I just named him after Clauswitz. Having built as many good guys as I'll ever need (actually, at least one more coming when I get a head sculpt for him) I'm now gonna focus entirely on bad guys to serve as cannon fodder for K-Troop to slaughter. As usual, I have all sorts of ideas.....aircrew for zeppelins and fighter planes, zeppelin troopers, sky pirates, wastelanders, and of course, lots of guys with German helmets.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 1:51 am

Y'know, I always picture some of Eric von Zipper's gang wearing German army helmets, but in fact, none of them wore German army helmets.

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  PJ%2BPArty%2BTC%2B15

Another example of my failing memory. Time for those Alzheimer's adverts to start showing up in the header bar again. Crazy

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2021 3:02 pm

I think German helmets would have been a bit much for one of those Beach Blanket Bingo films. On another note, I finally found a head sculpt I like for the mercenary pilot figure I've been building

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/324300842616

and I'll shortly order these caps from Banjoman in the UK

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/371292320708?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/373566015463?hash=item56fa4507e7:g:d4IAAOSw39tgj~bR

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.    Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stahltruppe Update: New Members, New Gear.
Page 1 of 1