ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

At Last...I have One!

Go down 
+3
Kimono Troop Command
SCU_HQ
TNshooter
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

At Last...I have One! Empty
PostSubject: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 6:12 am

Due to the extreme generosity of a fellow AMMO member, at last I am the very excited owner of ROBBY the ROBOT!
(No names of course, to protect the donor, but his initials are DAVE and he has Headquarters in South Central Utah!)
Huge thanks!

Anyway he asked me to re-create the posters and here's the results.
Now of course everybody realises that my Headquarters seems to exist perfectly happily without any females, (as do a few others here I notice) so Robby carries a bloke. Before any protests regarding the deletion of "The Babe", I'd just like to point out that in the movie "Forbidden Planet" despite that lurid poster, the only time Robby is seen to carry anyone at all it is in fact a man.
(It also appears when trying to substitute the figures that model Robbie is in fact a little shorter than film Robby, but he is now a treasured possession.)

At Last...I have One! OePfq2

At Last...I have One! NtEhzP

Interestingly regarding the last poster, the men's uniforms in the movie are actually blue/grey, NOT red.
I guess the artists were not told, or had seen the movie when the promos were done.
I find this anomaly happens in a lot of old theatre cards.
Here are the originals I worked from.

At Last...I have One! D2i0nm

At Last...I have One! KWV14v

Blondeactionman and SCU_HQ like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 7:44 am

Nice LeStryge!

I'm glad you were able to get one. I have one and think it's a great piece considering the low cost.

My local Walmart (which this is an exclusive) didn't have any when I checked, but eventually I was
able to get one. I was amazed at the features of this, considering the price.

Congrats!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 7:55 am

cheers So happy you're making good use of the robot already! And yes, I noticed instantly that your scene with the unconscious spaceman accurately depicts the movie scene rather than the misleading poster art!

I hope you find your time with the robot amusing and inspiring. But be cautious: that Krell technology has a tendency to backfire!

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 8:37 am

TNshooter wrote:
I have one and think it's a great piece considering the low cost.
The robot may have been low cost as you say, but just between you and me now, I can tell you that the shipping certainly was NOT!
Dave was VERY generous indeed!

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 8:41 am

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
No Face Fan.
No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 9:39 am

That was really nice of Dave. I really liking the poster you have created.

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 11:56 am

Thank you both Alex and Gary. Glad you liked the posters.
Dave has been most generous indeed!

Last edited by LeStryge on Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chip
Sabotage
Chip

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 5:49 pm

Cool posters , I wish my editing skills run to such great art . I would like to see the Robot photographed normally , he looks good . Very generous chap that Dave , what a kind gesture .

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 8:07 pm

Cool beans, Dave, well done!!!

Great poster work Barry, but I have to say something about the shot of AM being rescued(?) by the robot seems a little wrong, don't know, something about it. I think AM probably shouldn't ever need rescuing...even MAM Wink

I am glad Anne Frances wasn't totally removed (even if she never was carried by the robot in the film) from the posters. She was my first love...

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 2:31 am

gibri wrote:
I think AM probably shouldn't ever need rescuing...even MAM  Wink
He's not actually being rescued in the true sense Brian.
He's just passed out due to imbibing far too much of that high quality alcohol Robby is able to perfectly replicate, ....and for free!
Robby is acting as the designated driver.

gibri wrote:
I am glad Anne Frances wasn't totally removed (even if she never was carried by the robot in the film) from the posters. She was my first love...
And of course "first love" is always the dearest!
Every time I hear (or see) "Rocky Horror" I love hearing her being mentioned in the opening tune![/quote]

PostSubject: Re: At Last...I have One!   At Last...I have One! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

At Last...I have One!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes & Random Pictures.-
Jump to: