ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stiff armed Reference Thread.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 1:45 pm

Hasbro designed many different mam figures that where stiff armed and could only rotate. Here are some examples of the stiff armed figures.

Plastic body with stiff arms.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 67640-C98-EBA2-4-EA5-BD9-D-A4003553-E117

Head that rotates up, down, left and right.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 3-C04-E4-E4-733-D-463-F-9-A58-742717091-A7-D

Knees and feet that can bend.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 580-B80-F8-70-ED-4-F6-D-9229-BDEE3-B0-C513-B

Plastic upper.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. EEC6-DAF7-A50-D-40-EB-801-F-3-F1135872513

Head that only rotates around in a circle.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. FFD15-F92-AF14-4-D5-A-B4-B1-1-E591001-F7-E0

Rubber legs and feet.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 79-B96-C90-0-D64-4-BCD-858-C-5237-D7907-C0-C

Plastic body, arms, legs that don’t bend. Feet can be pointed downwards.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 88-DB9086-9-E22-4317-B1-B6-6700-B69-A8-F3-A

If you rotate the arms around in a circle lots of times until you hear a click, then let it go the armes spin really fast.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. F547-C4-B7-A78-C-4-BDD-8327-E7-D884-D314-B2

Stiff armed  Reference Thread. F8-B81-D63-AB10-46-C7-B2-E5-502-B0-B158187

His weapon is permanently attached to his arm and the reason is that the gun trigger mechanism is actually built in the Action Man tattoo on the upper left arm.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 1-EE0-B380-397-D-47-C1-9612-ACD06019-B97-C

By pressing in the tattoo it fires the silver missile from the gun.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 61-C4-C24-E-7-AF2-4-C43-8516-15-E503-EED3-FD

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 4:15 pm

Shocked Swimming action and dart firing action captured on camera! How cool is that! Great work, Alex!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2021 8:42 pm

Great shots, Alex!!!

I love how you captured the motion and now I can see how the tattoo is a button -- cool!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 2:40 am

I am most definitely NOT a fan of the stiff armed figures, and use them only for static costume displays. There are also stiff-legged versions, or ones with the three click "Barbie function".
The arms and legs with no articulations certainly LOOK better when on display but are virtually useless when posing for action photos.
I have a box of the things, ....mainly coming from job lots at charity stores, including a lot of those useless ones with the huge red device moulded onto the right arm. I have never quite worked out what it is supposed to be or do.

Nice documentation of the various forms though Alex.
I understand the rapidly rotating armed bloke is meant to be a swimmer when wound up and then placed in water, but he thrashes about like he's having some sort of fit, and would only attract sharks! The hands are not moulded for swimming at all, ....just the usual ones.

Last edited by LeStryge on Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 11:08 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Shocked  Swimming action and dart firing action captured on camera! How cool is that! Great work, Alex!

Thank you very much Dave.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 11:09 am

gibri wrote:
Great shots, Alex!!!

I love how you captured the motion and now I can see how the tattoo is a button -- cool!

cheers cheers cheers

Thank you very much gibri.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 11:20 am

LeStryge wrote:
I am most definitely NOT a fan of the stiff armed figures, and use them only for static costume displays. There are also stiff-legged versions, or ones with the three click "Barbie function".
The arms and legs with no articulations certainly LOOK better when on display but a virtually useless when posing for action photos.
I have a box of the things, ....mainly coming from job lots at charity stores, including a lot of those useless ones with the huge red device moulded onto the right arm. I have never quite worked out what it is supposed to be or do.

Nice documentation of the various forms though Alex.
I understand the rapidly rotating armed bloke is meant to be a swimmer when wound up and then placed in water, but he thrashes about like he's having some sort of fit, and would only attract sharks! The hands are not moulded for swimming at all, ....just the usual ones.

Oh I’m definitely NOT a fan of the stiff armed figures ether. I agree with you on that the arms and legs with no articulations certainly LOOK better when on display but a virtually useless when posing for action photos. I only wanted to document the various forms of stiff armed figures that I only have in my collection. I know there are quite a few more stiff armed mam figures that have a special function figures that Hasbro created but I won’t be collecting them. They are mam collector’s out there that are fans of the stiff armed special function and I totally respect them.

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 11:48 am

Plastic upper.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 06-EB1-ACB-138-C-41-A2-81-E9-E7-A1-B50-E28-C5

Head that only rotates around in a circle.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 76-C1-C3-CF-FEB2-4-ABC-A6-E6-FF127805-B807

Rubber legs and feet.
Stiff armed  Reference Thread. 2732-AE86-C49-A-4226-8-B46-7-B594-C6-BA532

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 11:32 pm

Alex, please tell me what the function of this red thing on his arm is. What does it do?
I am accumulating FAR too many of these particular figures and for my purposes, it makes them virtually useless.

Stiff armed  Reference Thread. VnaTDP
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2021 11:48 pm

This YouTube video on Action Man Ad - Power Arm Ninja And Dr X will tell you what function of the red thing on his arm does. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjdPw_XcriU

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2021 12:03 am

So it just rotates very quickly like some personal fan?
Wish I could remove those arms and replace them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stiff armed Reference Thread.   Stiff armed  Reference Thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stiff armed Reference Thread.
Page 1 of 1