ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mercury Capsule Simulator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Riverside Rhodes
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Riverside Rhodes

Mercury Capsule Simulator Empty
PostSubject: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 3:44 am

Archival images of the team assisting NASA with Mercury capsule simulations.Mercury Capsule Simulator Dsc01713
Mercury Capsule Simulator Dsc01811
Mercury Capsule Simulator Dsc01712
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 5:02 am

Excellent set up there!
Great visual story telling too.
I do enjoy seeing your props.
Like me, you too apparently get great use out of those lockers!
I think they were a great buy.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 7:38 am

Great pics! always best to get your astronaut prepared!

Riverside Rhodes likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 10:07 am

Space-tastic images of the team assisting NASA with Mercury capsule simulations. Really liking the set up.

Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 1:04 pm

These are brilliant , so nice to see someone enjoying their figures .

Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 1:12 pm

LeStryge wrote:
Excellent set up there!
Great visual story telling too.
I do enjoy seeing your props.
Like me, you too apparently get great use out of those lockers!
I think they were a great buy.

Thanks, LeStryge. Yeah, those lockers are great for sure. My only complaint with that Army Life set was that there were bunks for 2 but only locker for 1...the set really should have come with 2 lockers. Wishing now that I'd bought a couple more of those sets back when they were available for $30. Still, it's fun to haunt the 2nd hand stores for treasures like those.
Back to top Go down
Riverside Rhodes
Riverside Rhodes

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2021 1:25 pm

Thanks Chip. Now that I'm retired, I hope to bring "the guys" out into the light of day a bit more often; they get antsy when they stay in storage for too long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 12:45 am

Riverside Rhodes wrote:
Thanks, LeStryge.  Yeah, those lockers are great for sure.  My only complaint with that Army Life set was that there were bunks for 2 but only locker for 1...the set really should have come with 2 lockers.  Wishing now that I'd bought a couple more of those sets back when they were available for $30.  Still, it's fun to haunt the 2nd hand stores for treasures like those.
I managed to get a second box set to make up the lack.
There was a later Military Life pack that had a single figure, with the double bunk, but just the one pillow, mattress and blanket.

Riverside Rhodes wrote:
they get antsy when they stay in storage for too long.
Oh mine too! Abd some of them have been packed away now for over a year due to my having shifted house.
Mutiny could be afoot!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 5:41 am

I was able to get two lockers and one bunk from the same seller years ago, each individually.
But the lockers had no hangers and the bunk had no mattress, blanket or pillow.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 6:03 am

The mattress is really just a very thin piece of foam rubber cut to size, and the blankets are very easily replaced. You don't really have to even hem them if machine sewing is not your skill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mercury Capsule Simulator   Mercury Capsule Simulator Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mercury Capsule Simulator
Page 1 of 1