ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Empty
PostSubject: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(   STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 4:27 pm

OK, usually I don't report/post news of any kind unless its really means something to Me and if its big in wrestling (I still do it the easy way however now and then because back in the early days of the internet and the Attitude Era - 2001, I used to be a really good and legit wrestling news web reporter for numerous wrestling sites. Those days a long gone and I don't want the job again LOL). Anyway, I am a huge Street Sharks fan, I thought I wasn't faithful to the cartoons like I should have, I have all of the original vintage figures/characters except Evil Draxx. I loved them, they were arguably My faves, even more so than TMNT, I loved how their rubber skin felt, looked and all of that. In the near future I will show My entire Street Sharks collection in My great Vintage Action figure topic in time. OK, now back to the news, I was scrolling on YT and checking out Pixel-Dan (I have followed him ever since the beginning of MOTUC and once in a blue moon he has a wrestling appearance) and I saw he had a vid titled "Street Sharks are Back" and I was like really...after all of this time Question OK, watch the video below (he is really good) then I will continue with this report.

So here is the link to MATTEL CREATIONS!

STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Drop_Flex4_2_Street_Sharks

So again, Mattel is still doing their poor ways of oh we have a budget crap. I'm so sick and tired of this billion dollar + company with these gauges like they did on Matty Collector or "specially" created figures. Now their doing this crowd funded stuff. IMO its the same difference and it's a total joke. I mean I get that everybody may not want this but they didn't have to do this before the Matty Collector days did they Question Idea They just made whatever and if their product didn't sell like they saw fit then they just cancelled it, it was as simple as that. The price of $75 EACH is extremely high IMO. I mean back in the day when the originals was available on the shelves they were only like $7.99 a pop if even that! I mean other companies such as Super7 is following suit too which isn't settling with Me either (more on that in the near future). I mean people don't stop and think and look back on the past and see how it was and then give it a second thought :wwsmh:

Now with this rant coming to a close, I maybe tempted to get all 3 figures for $75 for the set of 3 but that is asking for way too much unfortunately! I know what Dan said that your paying for the packaging and all of that which is the same old story we got for years and years and it's true too but really? I think they ended the Street Sharks comeback before they even had a chance to come back!

If Mattel can actually pull this off, I hope the people who can actually afford these are happy because now these newly created yet inspirations from old concepts is worthy of being like gold now IMO Surprised

Blondeactionman likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(   STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Hasbro is the same, all for the almighty dollar.

They don't care about the collectors.

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(   STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 7:49 pm

A company with the vast financial power, or so I thought, of Mattel is resorting to crowd funding for new releases? I guess if it doesn't have the mighty Disney name behind it, they have no faith in a product line.

The whole "Matty Collector" thing is annoying. Last year Mattel hinted at a revival of the Monster High line. Later, the Matty Collector Club announced that the "new" Monster High figs would be club exclusives. Then it was revealed that they were to be Mattel Club exclusive figures "inspired by" Monster High. The figures were produced, but the release date and time was "leaked" to a core group of Matty Club members, who snapped up the entire run within minutes. Within a few more minutes, these same figures appeared on eBay at two or three times the release price.

I guess Mattel, or the Club, figures that the kids of the 1990s and early 2000s are now at their peak earning years, and there might be a "nostalgia market" for expensive "collector versions" of toys they remember from childhood. Crowd funding is one way to gage interest before investing in the release. Cheaper, easier, and more accurate than doing actual market research, too. Pre-sell the figs, in short.

Even Mattel, then, is going the "pre-sale" route. That's kind of sad. Also sad, though, is that there's not enough of a toy market among kids anymore to bother with a toy line release. The target demographic for toys now seems to be... us; adult collectors.

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(   STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 12:59 pm

Indeed Daryl, indeed.

SCU, couldn't say it better especially about today's kids Rolling Eyes Oh and yeah, people have always scalped Mattel's exclusive stuff for huge high prices especially Monster High, that is one of the reasons why I never got into them which is really a shame Exclamation

If you guys thought that was bad, check out their New WWF Generation crowd funding special Rolling Eyes

CLICK and see all of the info here.

OK, here is My thoughts. the price is insane Shocked Looks great, impressive and realistic and brings back great memories by the looks of it. Yes, this was the best times of wrestling (80s - 95) which the New generation was My favorite era (IMO when the nWo happen wrestling died as we knew it and it began a new life thus spawning THE ACTUAL BIRTH OF THE ATTITUDE ERA). With that being said, I'm not interested in it. Due to many reasons. I had a huge fallout with Mattel corporate, (I don't want to talk about) I was so angry about it I sold My entire collection in 2014 with the exception of 2 figures for reasons (later on that ----- I had every wrestler with some variants and the ring up to that point) which was was worth hundreds of bucks (I made up for it and then some). While I was still furious about the situation, I was still involved way to much to quit on MOTUC & GBC (I collected them till the very end because they were very special to Me). Anyway. Seeing this just kinda makes Me  Rolling Eyes  Mad about it all over again. Now see, sure it's a lot to ask for in this day and age but even if things were different and this set came with a huge collection of true New Generation wrestlers like Waylon Mercy, Techno Team 2000, King Mable, The Roadie, Sparky Plugg, Adam Bomb, Aldo Montoya, Bull Nakano, Rad Radford, Avatar, Jean Pierre Lafitte, Mantaur, Savio Vega, Skip & Sunny, Yokozuna & Owen Hart, Dean Douglas, Ahmed Johnson for that price it would be so much more attractive but you only get two figures! Two characters that's already been made before. Sure their different designs like this is heel Doink (the best Doink IMO). I can see it now, if this Doink comes with the Steve Kerin head, people's gonna want two of these Doinks so they can have 2 of them with their custom Kona Crush and you know how much their gonna have to invest for that Surprised Even if this set had special a surprise figure like the Spellbinder from 95 I still wouldn't want it Mad

For those that really wanted this and could actually afford it then congrats to them cheers

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(   STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 3:58 pm

Have any of the Mattel crowd funded projects made it to the production stage yet? Are the (rich) collectors happy with what they’re getting?

Other companies are going this route, too, making “toys” for a smaller group of more affluent collectors. Production runs are very limited and prices are extremely high. Perhaps even the big companies like Mattel are recognizing a trend. The traditional toy market continues to shrink, and mainstream retail (in stores) is shifting to online, so profit is to be found in specialized niche markets.

The specialty action figure companies like Sideshow and Hot Toys (and a host of smaller companies that keep springing up) make only a few thousand or even a few hundred of a particular fig, put high prices on them, and the entire production run sells out while in pre-order. Those that do not sell out are often cancelled. Lead times are now out to a year or more.

Mirai Store Smart Doll was specifically founded on the philosophy of maintaining everything in stock and not gouging customers with limited editions. Over the last two years that has all changed. Products are discontinued without notice, new products are extremely limited, prices for the limited editions are 3x that of standard products, yet newly announced products sell out in minutes. In MINUTES! Why bother with the expense of distribution and marketing to the general public when a core group of customers to whom money is meaningless will pay any price?

Integrity Toys is the same with their Poppy Parker dolls. You have to pay an annual fee to join their W Club to even have access. Even then, access to new products is not guaranteed, and club members participate in lotteries to win the opportunity to purchase dolls at several hundred dollars apiece.

Exclusivity seems to be where the huge profits lie in an age of a declining toy market. And it’s looking like even Mattel wants in on a piece of that action.

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(   STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 4:43 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Hasbro is the same, all for the almighty dollar.

They don't care about the collectors.

That’s so true Daryl so true indeed.

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(   STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 8:20 am

Thanks for your deploy. Sorry SCU, I'm not famililar with those two companies but shame they went that way. I guess it's rich people.

Ok, the WWE set had a target of 5000 backers, it GOT 8,499 Shocked Of you wanted. Spink the target was 7000, if you wanted the swappable ring skirts the target is 8000! The price $250 Exclamation Read what I previously said about Doink, that there will make this even more insane. I believe the Street Sharks went thru too.

Now, like I said the only SS figure I never got was Evil Draxx, I had a chance to get him years ago and I freakin' regret it and I do hope to get him one day in the future...I mean he is one of the rarest figurea ever. Unlike these new figures, I would expect to pay top price to get him and simply I would pay $75 since I wanted him for so long and because he is vintage but not a new figure that could easily get the Marty Collector treatment at $19.99 for MOTUC or GBC, I wasn't hesitant then and I'm not hesitant now for that price range!

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(   STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2021 3:27 pm

WOW, just saw this unbelievable collection! I was in awe and I watched it several times. There isn't that much love for this line as I would like on YT or on the web in general for that matter. Rolling Eyes I love them as much as the TMNT. There is really only a handful of collections on YB compared to others that always get the spotlight. Its about time somebody else posts their love for the great classic series. They have so much and a lot that I never knew existed and I thought I have a lot of Street Sharks in My collection to be seen in the future Shocked He even has 2 EVIL DRAXX FIGURES Surprised  Shocked  Exclamation I'm sure it took so much to get this collection so superior Exclamation

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(   STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STREET SHARKS are back and its insane HOW!:(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: