ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UNDERWATER ROBBERY

Go down 
+4
Chip
No Face Fan.
Blondeactionman
TNshooter
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 4:15 am

UNDERWATER ROBBERY!!!

UNDERWATER ROBBERY GqRlvO

UNDERWATER ROBBERY VcsoJS

And an experiment with lighting.

UNDERWATER ROBBERY QTxPb5

No Face Fan.

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 4:21 am

I’m really liking these set of pictures you’v created LeStryge.

Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 4:24 am

Great photos LeStryge!

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 4:27 am

Thank you both Alex and Daryl!
Always encouraging to have your work appreciated.

Seeing as he's known as "Action Man" I always try to have some sort of action going on in my photos.
Don't think he's the sort of bloke to be sitting still. lol!

Admin
SCU_HQ

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 4:53 am

The rippling underwater light pic is cool! Reminds me of one of those old "scene in action" lamps: http://www.myantiquemall.com/AQstories/motionlamps/MotionLamps.html

Fun scenes! The GI Joe hard-hat diver set has long been among my very favorites!

LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 5:12 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
The rippling underwater light pic is cool! Reminds me of one of those old "scene in action" lamps:  
Fun scenes! The GI Joe hard-hat diver set has long been among my very favorites!

Your comment is much appreciated Dave!
Those old revolving lamps were a favourite fascination for me even as a child. A furniture store back then had several in the window and my Mum could not drag me away. I think they had the old diamond-stacker locomotive, the forest fire, a waterfall and a Mississippi steamboat if I remember correctly.
Such a simple process but great effect!

Admin
SCU_HQ

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 5:51 am

LeStryge wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
The rippling underwater light pic is cool! Reminds me of one of those old "scene in action" lamps:  

Your comment is much appreciated Dave!
Those old revolving lamps were a favourite fascination for me even as a child. A furniture store back then had several in the window and my Mum could not drag me away. I think they had the old diamond-stacker locomotive, the forest fire, a waterfall and a Mississippi steamboat if I remember correctly.
Such a simple process but great effect!

I've seen the forest fire, a waterfall, and a steamboat. I do not think I have seen the locomotive version. I have not seen one in person in decades.

Admin
gibri

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 6:02 am

Great shots, Barry, cool backdrop!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 6:13 am

Thanks a lot Brian!!!

LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 6:14 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I have not seen one in person in decades.
They sell for a small fortune on eBay if they ever come up!
I've chased a few myself.

Admin
Blondeactionman

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 7:32 am

Cool shots!

LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 7:41 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
Cool shots!
Appreciated Dal!

No Face Fan.

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 1:53 pm

LeStryge I just had to have another look at the underwater robbery pictures. I could see these pictures in a underwater deep sea divers action film or comic.

LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 10:57 pm

Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
LeStryge I just had to have another look at the underwater robbery pictures. I could see these pictures in a underwater deep sea divers action film or comic.
Alex, that's kind of what I had in mind.
I have been looking at old comics and paperback graphics of late and find them very inspirational.
Thanks again for your further comments.

Sabotage
Chip

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 11:15 pm

It`s great to see the Deep Sea Diver in Action , great photos with your unique twist .

LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 11:34 pm

Chip wrote:
It`s great to see the Deep Sea Diver in Action , great photos with your unique twist .
Thank you Mark. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. Took me a long while to acquire the complete helmet-diver suit and accessories in such great condition. It's one of my favourites too.

Sabotage
Chip

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 11:47 pm

With so much play ability , I think it was a favourite for many of us .

LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2021 11:53 pm

Chip wrote:
With so much play ability , I think it was a favourite for many of us .
Yes, and that seems to be the problem now when trying to buy the set.
The diving suit fabric is almost invariably rotted or otherwise seriously damaged from not being dried properly after play. Kids just tossed the wet figure away somewhere, often in a dark space and mildew did the rest.
My set was pristine and included all the extra bits that were in the release. A real find!

Sabotage
Chip

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 12:29 am

Sounds nice , you should show him off to us with out the photoshop addons . Would be nice to see the vintage stuff get some revival .

LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 1:01 am

Chip wrote:
Sounds nice , you should show him off to us with out the photoshop addons . Would be nice to see the vintage stuff get some revival .
Chip, there are no photoshop additions apart from the bubbles, because there's just no other way to do them. (And I even hesitated about adding them!)
It's really the actual figures themselves posed in front of a large screen TV and then just conventionally photographed.

This is how he was displayed at my previous home:

UNDERWATER ROBBERY VTRokd

And here he is at my new house.

UNDERWATER ROBBERY SYa4Tq

Admin
SCU_HQ

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 1:53 am

Nice! Mallet, complete weight belt harness, twin air hoses (with the compass), and even a sheath knife!

The helmet I purchased via eBay arrived today. Only the three pieces of the helmet (the red valve is intact) and the shoe weights, but it's a start. For now I'm going to try pairing it with a flight suit to see if the flight suit makes a believable dive suit. I'm hoping I can track down some kind of tubing that will work for the air hoses - perhaps some drip irrigation tubing from a garden supply retailer.

Your new display looks nice. The dark shelving gives a sense of greater depth... and danger!

LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 2:01 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
I'm hoping I can track down some kind of tubing that will work for the air hoses - perhaps some drip irrigation tubing from a garden supply retailer.
There is some suitably gauged irrigation stuff that comes in black.
The set I bought even has the float buoy and flag, the dagger and sheath, plus both air hoses and the mouthpiece with its little compass. (You apparently blew down it to make the diver surface?)
It has obviously never been played with.
There was no figure at all but I have put it all on a knock-off Joe that has a kind of open-mouthed "scared" expression that works well for most of the situations I place the diver in!

Admin
SCU_HQ

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 2:58 am

LeStryge wrote:
... and the mouthpiece with its little compass. (You apparently blew down it to make the diver surface?)

That's an interesting idea about making the diver surface. I always thought the tubes were just to make him bubble. But I suppose if one were to blow with adequate force, enough air might fill the helmet to bring him to the surface. I suspect the fig would be neutrally or postively buoyant without the boot weights. And that would explain why there are only - if I recall correctly - two metal weights in the weight belt, with the rest being empty plastic. Perhaps the figure was designed and weighted to remain submerged, but to surface if adequate air were supplied.

Somebody needs to test this! Does anyone own a complete, near-mint Joe/VAM diver set? Wink

Of course, the surfacing diver will encounter resistance from the air hoses, which were fairly rigid even when new. It will be difficult to tell if the diver is surfacing as a result of being "inflated," or if he is being pulled to the surface via the hoses.

LeStryge

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 3:08 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
And that would explain why there are only - if I recall correctly - two metal weights in the weight belt, with the rest being empty plastic.
Don't forget he has fairly heavy lead overshoes as well.
I have a manual, ...pirated off eBay! People will post large scale photos of such things!
I mentions surfacing by blowing air.

UNDERWATER ROBBERY 8Nx8Zi

Admin
SCU_HQ

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2021 3:13 am

Excellent! No experiment necessary! He will either bubble or float, depending on the amount of air "pumped" to him.

UNDERWATER ROBBERY Empty
PostSubject: Re: UNDERWATER ROBBERY   UNDERWATER ROBBERY Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UNDERWATER ROBBERY
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes & Random Pictures.-
Jump to: