ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Empty
PostSubject: DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(   DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 5:43 am

My gosh i just found this out and I am so sadden about this, Daffeny Unger has passed away. She was one of my all-time favorites and IMO one of most talented, great females wrestlers over the last 20 + years and one the hottest and most beautiful females of all in wrestling ever Surprised People think Paige is the original scream queen in wrestling...I'm afraid not, Daffney WAS the original scream queen in wrestling! If you seen her in WCW and her TNA days then you'll know what I mean!

Mick Foloey was trying to get people to help. CLICK THIS LINK!

I will miss you gorgeous Daffney Babe Sad

DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Daffne10

http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(   DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 6:25 am

Those wrestlers do seem to die young, or at least what would be considered prematurely these days.
Are steroids involved in the sport at all?

New Recruit
ZeroDelta

PostSubject: Re: DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(   DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 6:32 am

LeStryge wrote:
Those wrestlers do seem to die young, or at least what would be considered prematurely these days.
Are steroids involved in the sport at all?
Yes and no, the main problem is the extremely shitty health insurance coverage that the WWE has. Vince McMahon is known to be see the Wrestlers not as employees, but as his property and as such, they are not allowed to take breaks, go on vacation or whatever, they have to be in the ring all year around, no matter what. When a Wrestler is injured, its often not properly treated, there is no sick leave, they get a bandage slapped on, given pills against the pain and are send back into the ring.

There are many stories of ex-wrestlers having to go to GoFundMe to get the fans to chip in so they can afford operations for their backs, necks etc.

John Oliver did a whole segment about how shitty the WWE treats its wrestlers:

Last edited by ZeroDelta on Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(   DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 6:38 am

Yes they are young and while steroids has always been a huge part of Vinnie Mac's WWF-WWE, there was huge court case a against him in the late 80's and early 90's but I'm afraid there's much more dark stuff behind the scene many fans don't know about Rolling Eyes When I found out about her I was just shocked Crying or Very sad

EDIT: What Zero Delta posted is so true but that's not even the half of it and keep in mind, DAFFNEY never worked for Vinniec Mac, when he bought WCW chose elsewhere including TNA and Shine. There is more to this than what people think I'm afraid Rolling Eyes

SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(   DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 6:50 am

I was not familiar with Daffney Unger, but the photos you posted were engaging, so I did some reading.

As we've discussed before, many of these wrestlers seem to pass away at younger than expected ages. Ms Unger was 46.

However, the life of a "former professional wrestler" sounds like it must be challenging... and depressing. I would expect that, as they appear on television and pay per view events and have large, enthusiastic followings, that these people would make good salaries and should be able to make lucrative investments during their active careers, but for many, that does not seem to be the case.

I do not know if, for most of them, the money isn't as good as we would think, or if there are a lot of expenses involved in maintaining the persona, or if there are a lot of parasites siphoning off the money, or if many of these people "live large" while the money is rolling in, never thinking about it ending.

But end it does, particularly for the women. One day you're on top, with endless money and offers. And suddenly, it ends. The offers stop. The money stops. Nobody wants you anymore. It can happen almost overnight.

Daffney Unger's career peaked when she was in her mid-20s. It must be hard to have "been somebody" at a young age, but to have it be all downhill from age 25. The articles I read suggest that she "retired" from wrestling at age 32. At the time of her death, she was living in "an apartment" and apparently she had stated on her instagram that she was "alone."

She also said that she was suffering from brain injuries related to her career.

An athlete's career doesn't last forever. The body can only take so much. And there are not an infinite number of post-career job opportunities for former athletes. There are a limited number of TV commentator gigs, of coaching gigs. The endorsement deals dry up fast once an athlete is no longer at the top of his or her game. Unless they invest wisely during the peaks of their careers, or seek training in another field they enjoy, it can be a tough life, I imagine, when the athletic career ends.

It's even harder for a female athlete, I would think, than for a male athlete. In addition to the athletic skill, part of the popularity of many female athletes is related to appearance. A woman approaching 50 doesn't have the same screen presence as a 20 year old.

It's gotta be hard to look back on a career that peaked 20 years ago, to look at pictures of yourself in your prime, then look in the mirror and wonder what happened. Where did the years go? Where did my health go? Where did my "friends" and "fans" go?

I'm sure the reality of Daffney's final years was far more discouraging than I can even imagine. I think, to an extent, I can understand the choice she made. I don't even know this person, or know anything more about her career than I've learned in a few minutes of reading, but I feel sad nonetheless.

Supposedly she said some things in her last online posts about hoping others would learn from her mistakes. I hope they do. I hope Daff's mistakes help others who are successful now make better choices that will benefit them in their post-career futures.

AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(   DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 7:31 am

Nicely written Dave.

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(   DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 7:55 am

Thanks SCU, I wanted to show her great unique beauty as best as I could. You wrote that pretty good SCU Smile

TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(   DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2021 9:09 am

Very well said Dave!

I'm surprised to hear that wrestling companies don't take care of
their athletes (Thanks DeltaZero!).

But I understand about pro athletes having a "shelf life." I'm thinking
that most pro football players retire in their 30's.

It's very sad to hear of an athlete having a good run, only to be
tossed aside after their "prime."

It's very saddening to hear that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(   DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :( Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DAFFNEY UNGER R.I.P. :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: