ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gibri's Wife

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gibri
Admin
gibri

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2021 12:32 pm

Hello Everyone. My name is Sarah; I'm gibri's wife. I'm posting as him since obviously I do not have an account. My son said you all had a lot of very kind things to say about my husband, and for that I thank you. I haven't figured out yet where to see that.

As most of you know, Gibri has an extensive collection. I'm hoping you will leave his account open for me to post as I begin sorting out the collection. I'm a rank newbie here, so any advice you all can offer in terms of what each item may be worth and how to sell it would be most welcome.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2021 12:59 pm

We will do our very best we can to help you guys out with prices.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2021 7:42 pm

Very sorry for your loss. Your husband was a class act. I'm sure that Dal will be most helpful in your endeavor.
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2021 10:03 pm

It`s nice you made it here Sarah to give us the sad news for poor Gibri , please except my heart felt wishes for you and the family .

Just thoughts for you to ponder over . It will benefit you greatly to be able to post photos of Gibri`s collection here on the forum , I am sure we can help you achieve this if you find it a bit daunting , most people use flikr or post image photo hosting sites for this purpose . I think it makes a lot of sense to get ball park figures for your Hubbies collection , the main drawbacks when selling , is on eBay , you will lose about a third of your selling price in fees , and the problem selling here is that your in the USA , which will be quite a cost in over seas shipping , though hopefully you will get interest from U.S members and some of us from over seas perhaps , the beauty of selling on forums and perhaps Facebook is there are no hidden fees .

I am sure everyone here will be willing to try and help you with anything . Just ask . Wink

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2021 11:17 pm

My sincere condolences to you and your family Sarah.
I have bought items from Brian before.
I would be very keen to have something from his collection as a memento of his wonderful help and advice, not to mention his great sense of humour.

I have sent you a PM with details of a sale Brian and I had in progress when this tragic event occurred.
Barry
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 12:28 am

Thank you everyone. I'm slowly getting around to looking in the basement. I just pulled the first thing I saw on the shelf--It's a Soldat, 1st Airborne Division, Private Harry Collins.

I opened the lid, and the inside is pristine. I don't think he ever lifted the plastic insert from it.

I'm thinking 200. to 250, but I am not sure. Do you all think that sounds about right price wise?

I have never used any photo sites. I do have a blog. Kind of wondering if I uploaded the pics to the blog if I could then copy and paste them in here? I just don't know how to go about it. I will try to check the pic sites out over the next couple of days. I think this will be a long process for me because there is so much and I'm still grieving. I'm not able to get much done in a day.
Back to top Go down

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 12:51 am

You are one brave woman Sarah. This will be a daunting task, but please don't feel any need to rush.
It's very early days.
Allow yourself time to grieve first.
I'm sure the membership of this site will guide you through this when you feel fully up to the task .
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2021 1:13 am

By all means, take the time to grieve and do the many hundreds of things you have to do first. I'm more than sure that Dal will keep this profile open for as long as you need and that members here will assist you in any way they can.

Gary

gibri likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 5:31 am

Hi Sarah, I just found this topic. My goodness, is Gibri no longer with us Question I am I reading this correctly Sad If this true what happen? When was his last "actual" post Question Last time I spoke to him was in July I believe. I understand you need time so if anyone else can let Me know if please Rolling Eyes

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2021 7:50 am

Just found out as LeStryge have Me the link Rolling Eyes

I'm sorry Sarah, may your husband rest in peace Sad

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
Sponsored content

Gibri's Wife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibri's Wife   Gibri's Wife Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gibri's Wife
Page 1 of 1