ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Empty
PostSubject: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2021 11:47 pm

and in News to hand from Behind the Bamboo Curtain....

It would appear Dr. EVIL has gained much prestige during his extended sojourn in China.
Not only has he adopted full Imperial dress, here in a recent photo taken within his lavish palace, he receives homage from some Chinese minion identified only as Xi Jinping.

NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN 88wwWB

SCU_HQ likes this post

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 12:14 am

Oh, this is glorious! Superb! Doc looks genuinely regal! Is that a custom costume?

Love the crown!

Excellent blending of props and setting with the background image. Virtually impossible to determine where foreground ends and background image begins.

Let’s hope Doc is as shrewd as he appears, lest he be taken in… like the rest of the world!

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 12:42 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Let’s hope Doc is as shrewd as he appears, lest he be taken in… like the rest of the world!
Oh The Doc. is no fool! He knows exactly how to handle those locals!

The outfit itself came on a charity find Dumbledore figure, which had such a horrible headsculpt of indeterminate gender that it was immediately decapitated and the robes appropriated by Dr Evil. He also took Dumbledore's quite classy high black jackboots!
The tiara is ex-Prince Ken, ....another charity shop score. Don't usually buy Kens but this one came in a bag with other MAMs that I did want, so Ken's outfit all went into props and poor Ken went naked back to the charity shop.
The bowing figure is indeed Xi Jinping, ...some rare Photoshopping I used to tell the story.

Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 2:23 am

Very amusing and well-done.
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 2:42 am

Appreciated Gary!

Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 6:54 am

Dr. Evil is definitely looking regal!

I wasn't aware of Captain Action as a young child. I later got the
Playing Mantis repros. Had I known that another company would
have made the ones with the better head sculpts, I would have
waited for them.

Back to top Go down
LeStryge
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 7:14 am

TNshooter wrote:
Dr. Evil is definitely looking regal!

He does love his new regalia.
I think it may have all gone to his head....brains?
Will he ever return to carrying out more nefarious plots in the West now, after commanding such respect in the East?

No reason you can't have BOTH versions Daryl.
I think Dave has.
This Dr. Evil has very good articulation.

No Face Fan.

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2021 7:33 am

Yes it DEFINITELY looks like your Dr. EVIL has gained much prestige during his extended sojourn in China.
Your Doctor Evil dressed in full Imperial dress looks the part I say. I wonder if he’s managed to pick up the Chinese language and speak a bit of it too. I’m really liking the picture.

LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2021 4:29 am

Thanks Alex! Always nice to read that you enjoyed the picture.
I think Chinese would be easy for Dr. Evil.
Remember, he's from another planet and has three brains to choose from. Surely one of them would be programmed for fluency in all Earth languages?

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN   NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEWS FROM BEHIND THE BAMBOO CURTAIN
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: Mam Kitbashes & Random Pictures.-
Jump to: