ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2021 9:08 pm

Top 10 signs you are a 1/6 scale addict:  

1. You not only name all of your figures, but remember their birthdays.
2. You start referring to your female collection as “your harem.”
3. Your 1/6 scale furniture looks better than your own.
4. You need to build an extension to your home to house all your 1/6 scale stuff.
5. You start referring to the money you spend on military figures as your “defense budget.”
6. You consider taking your figures on vacation with your but leaving your wife and kids behind.
7. Your collection is insured for more than your wife’s jewelry.
8. Whenever you have guests over, you introduce your collection to them as “my good friends.”
9. Your favorite 1/6 scale dealers send you birthday and Christmas cards.
10. The local kids would rather hang around your basement than in the local toy store.

Bonus:  When your head of government (Spouse) demands a reduction in your armed forces and deep cuts to defense spending, you seriously consider staging a military coup.

If you think I've missed any, feel free to contribute your own.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 7:33 am

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2021 11:31 am

Sign number 4. You need to build an extension to your home to house all your 1/6 scale stuff. I definitely have that Very Happy.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 2:30 am

1. Some have names. None have birthdays. Wait... okay... but only one has a birthday*.

2. Nope, I don't refer to them as a harem. They, however, seem to have no hesitation about referring to me as "slave" or "fat boy."

3. Even my crummy cardboard + masking tape miniature furniture looks better than my real furniture.

4. A dedicated room extension for 1/6 hobby use is, I have no doubt, a dream for many, and probably most, of us!

5. Defense budget - I like that! If the example of most governments is to be followed, defense budgets are essentially limitless, and credit limits can be arbitrarily and infinitely increased.

6. I always take figures on vacation or when traveling. I spend more time selecting which which outfits and accessories to take for figures than for myself.

7. My collection definitely cost more than all my wife's jewelry... and probably more than the combined price of everything I've ever purchased for her. (Now I'm feeling guilty.)

8. Guests are not allowed to mingle with my figures. Not that I ever have guests over. My figures are usually more interesting to converse with than are most people I know.

9. I've never received so much as a postcard from those money-grubbing predators. Toy dealers are just a bunch of soulless parasites profiting from my tragic addiction.

10. Nah... there's nothing electronic or video oriented in my basement collection. Kids these days just wouldn't understand, let alone be interested. (Also, I only wish I had a basement! A toy basement would be even better than a toy room addition!)

Bonus: my collection is a very deep cover "black ops" situation; the budget has never been made public.

- - -

* Kokoro's birthday is 29 June... 2005. She turned sixteen years old this year! Crying or Very sad  Now she's bugging me to buy her a car.

Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict 5887285512_94698abf58_w

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 4:33 am

Kimono Troop Command wrote:
Top 10 signs you are a 1/6 scale addict:  

1. You not only name all of your figures, but remember their birthdays.
I'm VERY bad with names. I can remember things that happened back when I was only two, but can't recall the name of somebody I met two minutes ago.
I have FAR too many figures to even think about names, except when the need arises and then I have to write it down.
Birthdays? Forget it!
2. You start referring to your female collection as “your harem.”
Don't own any females (by choice) so N.A.
3. Your 1/6 scale furniture looks better than your own.
Hmm, nope. I simply cannot build stuff like they did back in the 18th century!
4. You need to build an extension to your home to house all your 1/6 scale stuff.

OH YES!!!! NOW YOU'VE GOT ME!
5. You start referring to the money you spend on military figures as your “defense budget.”
I don't refer to any money spent AT ALL! If something isn't talked about then it doesn't exist!
6. You consider taking your figures on vacation with your but leaving your wife and kids behind.
No wife or kids to consider, but I do take a figure or two for potential photos, ....but where the hell would you want to "holiday" now anyway?
7. Your collection is insured for more than your wife’s jewelry.
No wife, no jewelry!  SIMPLE!
8. Whenever you have guests over, you introduce your collection to them as “my good friends.”
Guests do enjoy seeing the figures I have out on display. Particularly my "Drinking Cowboys" diorama. I took it down once but guests wanting to show others they'd told about it were asking to see it again so often I had to re-instate it!
9. Your favorite 1/6 scale dealers send you birthday and Christmas cards.
No, refer to Dave's answer above!
10. The local kids would rather hang around your basement than in the local toy store.
Kids are not allowed anywhere near my figures.
They do not seem to understand "Don't TOUCH" and parents nowadays take such a dim view of infanticide..... What a Face
Bonus:  When your head of government (Spouse) demands a reduction in your armed forces and deep cuts to defense spending, you seriously consider staging a military coup.
The only restraint on my spending is the cost of living. It's those damn bills that insist on arriving, AND being paid!
I could certainly put that money to FAR more enjoyable pursuits!

Last edited by LeStryge on Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:31 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
1. Some have names. None have birthdays. Wait... okay... but only one has a birthday*.

2. Nope, I don't refer to them as a harem. They, however, seem to have no hesitation about referring to me as "slave" or "fat boy."

You must have done something to tick them off.

3. Even my crummy cardboard + masking tape miniature furniture looks better than my real furniture.

Join the club

4. A dedicated room extension for 1/6 hobby use is, I have no doubt, a dream for many, and probably most, of us!

I'd have to invade another apartment. However, the way my military build up is going, that might be a possibility.

5. Defense budget - I like that! If the example of most governments is to be followed, defense budgets are essentially limitless, and credit limits can be arbitrarily and infinitely increased.

6. I always take figures on vacation or when traveling. I spend more time selecting which which outfits and accessories to take for figures than for myself.

7. My collection definitely cost more than all my wife's jewelry... and probably more than the combined price of everything I've ever purchased for her. (Now I'm feeling guilty.)

So take her shopping this weekend.

8. Guests are not allowed to mingle with my figures. Not that I ever have guests over. My figures are usually more interesting to converse with than are most people I know.

If you find your figures more interesting to converse with than actual, talking people....that is a definite sign not only of addiction, but outright delusion

9. I've never received so much as a postcard from those money-grubbing predators. Toy dealers are just a bunch of soulless parasites profiting from my tragic addiction.

10. Nah... there's nothing electronic or video oriented in my basement collection. Kids these days just wouldn't understand, let alone be interested. (Also, I only wish I had a basement! A toy basement would be even better than a toy room addition!)

Bonus: my collection is a very deep cover "black ops" situation; the budget has never been made public.

- - -

* Kokoro's birthday is 29 June... 2005. She turned sixteen years old this year! Crying or Very sad  Now she's bugging me to buy her a car.

Michiko wants to know if she's invited to the Sweet Sixteen Party. She is also 16.
SCU_HQ wrote:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 6:38 am

Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict KykRUe lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2021 7:04 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 5:14 am

SCU_HQ wrote:

- - -

I should have asked this a while ago, but is Kokoro getting her car?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 5:41 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:

I should have asked this a while ago, but is Kokoro getting her car?

Spoiled little brat has a nicer car than I have: she got a Land Rover:

Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict 28187936437_6331ea3266

Actually, there are 1/6 versions of the Pinky-Street figures. They were extremely limited editions called Dekapins, released in Japan only as part of a Wonderfest promotion. I finally managed to get a set a couple of years ago, fifteen years after their original release.

Kimono Troop Command likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2021 7:05 pm

I think you spoil your kids....er dolls...
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 1:55 am

Ten MORE Signs You Are a 1/6 Scale Addict:

1. You've ordered two.. no, three more items before your "absolutely very last purchase for now" has even arrived.

2. You have more "room boxes" for your action figures than you have rooms in your house.

3. You "budget" for toy purchases by telling yourself you'll save the money you just spent out of your next paycheck... which at this point means the paycheck that's six months out.

4. You see nothing whatsoever unusual about having drawers and bins full of disembodied heads.

5. You know nothing about birds but you're constantly talking about flocking.

6. The debate between jointed or seamless bodies is of no interest to you: they're all action figures, so gimme!

7. You can expound ad infinitum on the merits and the shortcomings of the VeryCool Miss Spetznaz figure.

8. You refuse to pay $250... wait, $350... no, I mean $450 US dollars for the Miss Spetznaz figure, because you could have pre-ordered it a year ago for $125.

9. The "rock stars" of your world have names like MiskatonicNick and The Reverend Spooky.

10. You lie awake nights wondering what will happen to your collection if you die.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 3:58 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
Ten MORE Signs You Are a 1/6 Scale Addict:

1. You've ordered two.. no, three more items before your "absolutely very last purchase for now" has even arrived.

2. You have more "room boxes" for your action figures than you have rooms in your house.

3. You "budget" for toy purchases by telling yourself you'll save the money you just spent out of your next paycheck... which at this point means the paycheck that's six months out.

4. You see nothing whatsoever unusual about having drawers and bins full of disembodied heads.

5. You know nothing about birds but you're constantly talking about flocking.

6. The debate between jointed or seamless bodies is of no interest to you: they're all action figures, so gimme!

7. You can expound ad infinitum on the merits and the shortcomings of the VeryCool Miss Spetznaz figure.

8. You refuse to pay $250... wait, $350... no, I mean $450 US dollars for the Miss Spetznaz figure, because you could have pre-ordered it a year ago for $125.

9. The "rock stars" of your world have names like MiskatonicNick and The Reverend Spooky.

10. You lie awake nights wondering what will happen to your collection if you die.

1.  Guilty, as charged.

2. Guilty, as charged.

3. Not quite there yet, but headed in that direction.

4. Don't have that many disembodied heads, but it wouldn't bother me if I did....Oh, let's just call that one "Guilty."

5. Half and half.  I know virtually nothing about birds, but don't spend a lot of time talking about flocking....yet.

6. There is an appropriate and acceptable use for each type , so let's call that one "guilty" also.

7.  Not guilty

8. Paying $450.00 seems so much like hiring a prostitute,

9.  Guilty, as charged.

10. I don't stay awake at night wondering, but only because I've taken the time to list them in my will.

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 5:09 am

5. Half and half.  I know virtually nothing about birds, but don't spend a lot of time talking about flocking....yet.

Snippets of conversation I have recently observed on "live chat" suggest otherwise. Wink

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: 10 more signs....   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2021 6:37 am

1. You refer to any outdoor ventures with your 1/6 scale figures as “going out on patrol.”

2. You take the position that 1/6 scale collecting is like being in a Jewish or Italian family: "There's always room for one more."

3. When your spouse declares your latest additions to be “illegal migrants,” you respond by granting them “refugee status.” You end up sleeping on the sofa for a week, with only your "refugees" for company.

4.  Your 1/6 scale military collection has more boots on the ground than your local National Guard or Reserve unit.

5.  You want time travel to be discovered so that you can travel back in time and prevent your adolescent self from getting rid of all your G.I. Joe / Action Man stuff you had as kid when you reached adolescence and decided you had outgrown it all.

6.  You petition your local member of congress / parliament to have vintage action figures put on the endangered species link.

7.  You check all of your favourite online dealer's websites, e-bay etc,  more often than you read your local newspaper or watch your local newscast.

8.  You justify the $300.00 purchase of a 1960's vintage G.I. Joe / Action Man Mercury space capsule by claiming that "we can't allow the Ruskies to win the space race."  

9. You defend your profligate 1/6th scale spending by saying "If budget deficits are good enough for Congress / Parliament, they're good enough for me.”

10. You’ve assigned each figure in your collection a specific place in your display case or shelves, but can’t for the life of you remember where you put your car keys.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict   Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Signs you are a 1/6 Scale Addict
Page 1 of 1