ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changing Hands on a World Box Figure

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

Changing Hands on a World Box Figure Empty
PostSubject: Changing Hands on a World Box Figure   Changing Hands on a World Box Figure Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 5:36 am

I have recently taken delivery of my first World Box figure so they are new to me.
Now I want to change the hands but would like a little advice on how to go about it. Does it require the hot water treatment, or can you just pull the ones it came with straight off without any special treatment?
I've tried with a little pressure but the hand didn't seem to want to pop off easily.
I am reluctant to put any pressure on the joint if that's not the way to go about it. Don't want to break my new toy!
Advice appreciated from someone who knows how this is done please.
Thanks!

Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Changing Hands on a World Box Figure   Changing Hands on a World Box Figure Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 7:34 am

I've found the hot water technique works the best Barry, or maybe a hair dryer? I do prefer the hot water though. I do the same with all my 1/6 figures. I have broke more than my fair share of wrist pegs but just trying to pull them off Sad . Hope it helps bounce

Chip
Sabotage
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Changing Hands on a World Box Figure   Changing Hands on a World Box Figure Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 11:30 am

Can not add to what Dal said , but you definitely need to heat things up before you try swapping them , goes for the neck posts and heads too . I use a hair dryer , but does take a while , and needs ro be a bit more than warm I would say , if they don`t pull off with little pressure , warm them up some more . Do you use just off the boil water Dal , or just very Hot ?

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Changing Hands on a World Box Figure   Changing Hands on a World Box Figure Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 1:29 pm

Chip wrote:
Can not add to what Dal said , but you definitely need to heat things up before you try swapping them , goes for the neck posts and heads too . I use a hair dryer , but does take a while , and needs ro be a bit more than warm I would say , if they don`t pull off with little pressure , warm them up some more .  Do you use just off the boil water Dal , or just very Hot ?

very hot chip, but not boiling. I always worry about melting stuff lol!

Kimono Troop Command
Mountaineer
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Changing Hands on a World Box Figure   Changing Hands on a World Box Figure Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 4:03 pm

The nice thing I find about the World Box figure hands and wrist pegs, is that the studs on the wrist pegs are larger than on other brands, and therefore fit the holes in the hands more tightly. End result, the hands don't keep popping off all the time when moving them about the way some other brands do.
Back to top Go down
LeStryge
AUSTRALIAN JUNGLE FIGHTER
LeStryge

PostSubject: Re: Changing Hands on a World Box Figure   Changing Hands on a World Box Figure Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2021 9:52 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
I have broke more than my fair share of wrist pegs but just trying to pull them off . Hope it helps .
Yes Dal, that's exactly what I was afraid of doing if I just tried to pull the hand off without any pre-warming.
Many thanks Chip and Gary too for your much appreciated input.
World Box are quite nice figures and I would hate to break something as important for posing as the wrist first up. (One of my World Peace Keepers suffered that!)
Hot water it is I think. I'd be a little hesitant using a hair dryer on plastic. Those things can get very hot when concentrated on a small area and different plastics melt at different heats!

PostSubject: Re: Changing Hands on a World Box Figure   Changing Hands on a World Box Figure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changing Hands on a World Box Figure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Help and Advice :: Vam & 1/6 Questions-
Jump to: