ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Five Dr X Exploding Robots.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Five Dr X Exploding Robots. Empty
PostSubject: Five Dr X Exploding Robots.   Five Dr X Exploding Robots. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 10:00 pm

Last month I saw Five Dr X Exploding Robots which went for £56.00 + £5.30 postage and there was 32 bids which I was one of them bidders (too much for me). Well tonight I was randomly looking at Action Man robots on eBay and I came across the exact Five Dr X Exploding Robots and it was the same seller. It was ether put a bid in and it ran out is six days or put a offer in so dad put a offer of £30. He came back with a counter offer of £34 and we accepted his counter offer.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Five Dr X Exploding Robots.   Five Dr X Exploding Robots. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 10:02 pm

Excellent good fortune! Sometimes things work out in the end. Rarely, but sometimes. It seems there are quite a few "non-paying bidders" on eBay these days, so more often than in the past, items come back up for sale days or weeks after the appeared to have sold. I hope the robots arrive promptly!

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Five Dr X Exploding Robots.   Five Dr X Exploding Robots. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2021 11:37 pm

I remember going back a few years , and it would not surprise me if it does not still go on , but sellers used to get associates or mates to bump up their bids , of course you could get your fingers burnt if your mates bumped the bids up and won , if I remember it was when the complaints started rolling into eBay to the point that could not be ignored , that eBay pulled yet another fast one and hid the bidders names , yes in the past you could see who was bidding against you on eBay . I remember getting out bid in years gone past , and getting 2nd chance offers at around my maximum bid , it was very fishy , I don`t know if sellers still get the option of 2nd chance offers do they ? Anyway you got a a good win Alex , your Robot army continues to grow , well done .

TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Five Dr X Exploding Robots.   Five Dr X Exploding Robots. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 4:30 am

Nice Alexander! I'm glad it worked out for you.

And I agree with Chip, I think people had someone they knew to bid to drive up
the price. And in the past if the winning bidder didn't pay, a seller would offer
the item to the next highest bidder at the bid they made. I've had sellers
contact me asking if I was still willing to pay my bid for an item.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Five Dr X Exploding Robots.   Five Dr X Exploding Robots. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2021 5:23 am

I've had sellers stuff me around so much trying to get more money with phony bids, then after I dropped out, they later came back asking me if I was willing to pay the higher price, I delighted in telling them "No, you keep it!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Five Dr X Exploding Robots.   Five Dr X Exploding Robots. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Five Dr X Exploding Robots.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Modern Action Man (Mam) 1990 Onwards :: The Robot Files-
Jump to: