ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic

Go down 
+5
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
Dreadnought
Chip
Gunner Munro
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2022 6:46 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:

Good thinking young man Very Happy  Have you seen the new Tom Stone Geyperman figures on Captain Cosmos ?

https://captaincosmos.fr/en/bodies-and-parts/668-new-geyperman-nude-afroamerican-figure-reissue-tom-stone.html

He Looks Fab Kev .. never had one of those back in the day, did you?

I did Steve. Very Happy

I vividly remember my tipsy uncle waking me up late on Christmas Eve with one of these that he'd 'put by' in a toy store some weeks previously.  These were highly sought after even then and he couldn't wait to see my face.
He went out with some friends for a Christmas drink and turned up at our house for a nightcap with my Mum (his younger sister) and Dad with Tom Stone under his arm.
That was it for me - the excitement kept me awake all night after he gave me that sneak peek. Laughing Laughing
It's the strongest AM memory i have. That uncle passed away nearly twelve years ago now but I remember him fondly for that and many other things.

That figure like all my toys was probably given away but the memory is very strong.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2022 8:58 am

Wow .. what a great memory cheers

My similar story is waking up on Xmas morning, I think it was 1970? any way when the Fuzz haired British sailor figure was released. No tipsy relatives involved , but I distinctly recall the excitement of crawling down to the end of the bed. I could see the AM shaped box. I pulled it out carefully as I didn’t want to wake any one up . It was probably only 5 am but you know the ‘Xmas rules’ Very Happy ..I pulled the wrapping paper at a corner …and the picture and revealed Dreadnought ! He’d arrived ! .. and the rest is history as they say lol! Actually as he was the 2nd to last AM to report for duty itswhy he and Black survived full bodied.. Shocked all the other crew succumbed to their wounds Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Thanks for sharing the Tom Stone story cheers
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2022 12:53 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Wow .. what a great memory cheers

My similar story is waking up on Xmas morning, I think it was 1970? any way when the Fuzz haired British sailor figure was released. No tipsy relatives involved , but I distinctly recall the excitement of crawling down to the end of the bed. I could see the AM shaped box. I pulled it out carefully as I didn’t want to wake any one up . It was probably only 5 am but you know the ‘Xmas rules’ Very Happy ..I pulled the wrapping paper at a corner …and the picture and revealed Dreadnought ! He’d arrived ! .. and the rest is history as they say lol!  Actually as he was the 2nd to last AM to report for duty itswhy he and Black survived full bodied.. Shocked all the other crew succumbed to their wounds Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Thanks for sharing the Tom Stone story cheers

Oh I hear you Steve Very Happy My first Action Man was Spud, a true blue Dreadnought shipmate of your guy and Hank.
The Tom Stone was a couple of years later.

I think the only reason Spud survived was he wasn't in the bundle that would have been given away.
I found him decades later cleaning out the garage at my parent's place. He was minus all his lower limbs and had just his service cap on, but it was enough to rekindle my interest.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2022 1:46 pm

Awesome stuff GM! cheers cheers cheers

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2022 6:41 pm

Great memories guys!

There was nothing more exciting as a kid than getting a VAM box shaped pressie at Christmas! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2022 8:51 am

GMHQ is manned by real VAM not those pretty boy 'adult collectable' prima donnas! lol!

Prima donnas?! Nothing like that at TOMK HQ!

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2022 9:01 am

somekindajoe wrote:
Great memories guys!

There was nothing more exciting as a kid than getting a VAM box shaped pressie at Christmas! cheers

Can't argue with that Steve! Happy memories indeed bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2022 11:58 am

Great Stories here , the first A.M I got was also at Christmas , and was the Blue Beret Action Soldier , and I have always loved that Uniform since . I was lucky enough to end up with few more over the years , but think those were all gripping hand types , including Tom Stone and a boxed Sailor which I took to school . I remember my teacher at the time saying she doubted he would be aloud a beard in the Navy .

Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2022 8:27 am

[quote="Chip . I remember my teacher at the time saying she doubted he would be aloud a beard in the Navy .  [/quote]
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic    Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy restringing today- VAM Tastic
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2