ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick

Go down 
+2
FIELD STATION 42
Kimono Troop Command
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 4:29 pm

At last, my version of the late MiskatonicNick's dastardly Dr. Diablos. This was made possible through a kind gift from SCU_HQ. I call my mber Mk. IV, regarding Nicks, as Mk.I, SCU_HQ's as Mk. II, thought it was pretty close to the original, Dal's version as Mk.III, therefore, mine, the last to appear, is Mk. iV.

I think it's great that we've decided to perpetuate one of Nick's creations.

BAMComix, FIELD STATION 42 and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2022 5:45 pm

Spectacular re-imagining of the Doctor Diablos character - updated with a more "active" and "battle hardened" look. He's gone from "cartoonishly menacing" to truly intimidating! Diablos looks genuinely evil now, as opposed to "comic book style" menacing.

He's even expressive through posing and body language!

In that first image, Diablos appears to be channeling an iconic pose from The Rocketeer.

I noticed, however, that we don't get a look at his trousers and boots in any of these images. Would that undercut the imposing sense of awe, seeing him in Bermuda shorts and flip-flops?

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2022 8:49 pm

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2022 10:12 pm

Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Diablos_lighting1

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 6:15 am

Dave, I do like his pet living in the fireplace!
I thought I'd be content with Dr. Evil, but dammit, now I've GOT to have a Dr. Diablos too!
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 11:59 am

LeStryge wrote:
I thought I'd be content with Dr. Evil, but dammit, now I've GOT to have a Dr. Diablos too!

He's just so diabolical looking....
Back to top Go down
Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2022 12:06 pm

LeStryge wrote:

There is a cue for him you know Very Happy

A most appealing figure , think if I ever get my own he will likely Join my Doctor No Face and Red Skull . He looks good in all the photos , but I am definitely liking Gary`s German take .

Bermuda shorts and flip flops lmao lol! lol! lol!

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2023 12:56 am

Chip wrote:

A most appealing figure , think if I ever get my own he will likely Join my Doctor No Face and Red Skull .

Chipperz, you should add your pix of your version of Diablos to this topic! Please?

Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2023 2:40 pm

Ask and you shall receive , thanks for the prompt Dave .

Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  3-P1160022

Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  6-P1160031

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2023 3:23 pm

Outstanding incarnation of Diablos, Chip! Truly intimidating!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2023 3:48 pm

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 7:22 am

More fantastic pics and bashes of the evil Diablos! Thanks for sharing guys bounce
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 1:49 pm

Well Dr. Diablos IS OUR POSTER VILLAIN of the forum that’s for sure Wink.

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 2:42 pm

The hellish background lighting complements and enhances the devilishly dashing figure! Exquisite interpretation of this creepy-cruel character!

Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2023 7:31 pm

Very sinister looking baddie Twisted Evil is this one of the MAM figures scratch bounce Cheers Ian

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2023 8:46 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Very sinister looking baddie Twisted Evil is this one of the MAM figures scratch bounce Cheers Ian

No. Dr. Diablos is a kitbash using a 5" scale Mr. Freeze head which looks just right in 1/6 scale, cheap bodies and whatever we could cloth them with. Dave's is closest to MiskatonicNick's original. I took a bit more liberty with my interpretation.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick    Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Diablos, MK IV: A tribute to MiskatonicNick
Page 1 of 1