ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bit of winter colour

Go down 
+3
ghost recon
BAMComix
DrDalek6
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

Bit of winter colour  Empty
PostSubject: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:30 pm

Hey guys was setting up an Easter Egg Hunt photoshoot with the Playmobil kids at the Botanics last weekend and I spotted some nice Hamamellis (Witchazel) and Galanthus (Snowdrops) by the main entrance so Scott and Ian decided to have a look

Bit of winter colour  P1030255_zps05647af9

Bit of winter colour  P1030259_zps7f1f984a

Bit of winter colour  P1030265_zpsb5198cb3

Bit of winter colour  P1030267_zps0c1784b6

Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:31 pm

And finally Ian in his younger days, hard to belive it's the same man

Bit of winter colour  P1140673_zps1afe86a1
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 1:42 pm

Smashing photos Scott cheers
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Very nice colourful photos Scott. It's a great way to introduce something different when some figures are out n about.
It makes for such a great image.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 4:36 pm

It's great seeing your guys out and about! cheers
It's also great to see plants with leaves... Everything
here is still dormant from the cold...
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:46 pm

Hope the Playmobil kids enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt in the Botanics last weekend? What a really lovely Hamamellis at the the main entrance. Great photos of Scott and Ian deciding to have a look Very Happy Very Happy .

Outstanding shots Scott.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 7:31 am

Nice pics Smile
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:40 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
Smashing photos Scott cheers

Thanks mate Surprised
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:43 pm

ghost recon wrote:
Very nice colourful photos Scott. It's a great way to introduce something different when some figures are out n about.
It makes for such a great image.

Thanks I thought it would make a good photo so I tried it first with Scott and Ian then with a few of the Playmobil guys, it's interesting some plants like this definately suit AM'a more thatn Playmobil guys whereas some small/short plants or plants where you can get the Playmobil men with a good upward angle onto the flowers of the plants suit them at least as well as they do an AM or better if you can pick up the detail better on their level. Anyway the Hmaellis has been out for a while just hadn't spotted the ones outside the entrance which is strange since I walk in that way most mornings Smile
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:45 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
It's great seeing your guys out and about! cheers
It's also great to see plants with leaves... Everything
here is still dormant from the cold...

Thanks the plants are gradually making their prescence know mainly with small bulbs Snowdrops, little Irises, Crocuses, some Winter Acconites not as good as I've seen them before yet but, still present oh and of course Hellebores, hopefully you'll get some buds of colour rising up soon where you are flower
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Ackie88 wrote:
Hope the Playmobil kids enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt in the Botanics last weekend? What a really lovely Hamamellis at the the main entrance. Great photos of Scott and Ian deciding to have a look Very Happy Very Happy .

Outstanding shots Scott.

Thanks it's a corker of a plant. I think everyone had a good day here's one fo the guys setting up and everyone posing when they found the big prize at the end I might take more photos at some point since there's so many nice flowers out

Bit of winter colour  P1030198_zps073ab7a4

Bit of winter colour  P1030215_zpsc264ec57
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Danthecoat wrote:
Nice pics Smile

Thanks mate Surprised
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:55 pm

I can see that everyone had a good day by the photos you have taken Very Happy, my favourite out of the two is the first one.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 10:04 pm

DrDalek6 wrote:
And finally Ian in his younger days, hard to belive it's the same man

Bit of winter colour  P1140673_zps1afe86a1

Which one is Ian in his younger days can I ask?
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 1:07 am

Great photos Scott. I loved playmobil when I was a kid. Had a comolete hospital.... Maybe the universe was lreparing me for my two six month stays in hospital!!!???

The photo of Scott and Ian with the snowdrops is stunning!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Ackie88 wrote:

I can see that everyone had a good day by the photos you have taken Very Happy, my favourite out of the two is the first one.

Thanks I've got to say I agree with you it's a nice clear simple photo and the detail of the grass in the front is really good one of the adults looks as though he's about to squash the kids in the 2nd one or at least going "all these eggs they're mine!"

As for who's who Jon's the redhead and Ian's the brown fuzzhead who is now bald poor fella his flock lasted a lot less than 6 months Crying or Very sad but, personally I think he looks quite smart now Surprised he might disagree though Neutral
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:21 pm

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Great photos Scott. I loved playmobil when I was a kid. Had a comolete hospital.... Maybe the universe was lreparing me for my two six month stays in hospital!!!???

The photo of Scott and Ian with the snowdrops is stunning!!!

Thanks nice to hear you liked Playmobil as well I had loads as a kid in the 1990's looking back on it, I always loved the catalgoues particularly the 1st one I had from 1996 the settups in there with the dramatic backlighting and jelly seas Very Happy were simply incredible in fact I've still got my original Playmobil pirate posters beautfiul. I statred collecting again compeltley by chance was just bored typed in Playmboil on Ebay and well so much choice plenty of familiar sets and faces, I've now got plenty of modern stuff which catches my fancy from different themes, including one of my favourites my BTCV guy I customised (see photos) plus some 80's/90's Knights, Police etc. I've got some good vehicles a modern Garbage Truck and Go Kart and older ones: 2 racing motorbikes, a Police motorbike, and my most recnet buys a Rescue Helicotper and a big Fire Engine both in good condition £2.95 and £3.95 from a charity shop cheers Very Happy .

Anyway I like that photo as well my Dad got some offer to print X amount of photos for free so I gave him copies of some of my AM photos really brings home the qaulity of the photos to you, it's nice and clear with the pure white Snowdrops
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Sounds like you have a great playmobile collection Scott. Hate to say I've got twenty year on you mate so my hospital would have been about 1974!!!!
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Sounds like you have a great playmobile collection Scott. Hate to say I've got twenty year on you mate so my hospital would have been about 1974!!!!

Like this set perhaps?

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3404

I had many different sets including this more modern hosptial ward still very simple but, the elgance of those old bodies was still there ther'e s a certain charm to those figures

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=3495

This is the Helicopter and Fire Engine I got with my crew of Firemen and the 2 rescue pilots someone kindly sent me, pure nostaliga Very Happy didn't have them as a ki d but, I remember many happy days looking longingly at the photos in my first Playmobil catalogue

Bit of winter colour  P1030287_zpse9d36aac

Bit of winter colour  P1030165_zps4c1ae327

Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 1:21 am

Similar Scott by even older looking. I had two maybe four hospital beds with clips for patient notes and the notes on the end was always worried about one as it looked like he was having a heart attack by the look of his chart. They had red bases and white frames. Bedside tables i think with vases of flowers on them too. Also a wheelchair and various different figures with different bandages on them and plaster castes for broken legs and arms. Your helicopter and fire engine look amazing Scott. Thanks for taking the time to post and triggering some happy memories.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:57 am

very nice scott
Back to top Go down
DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Similar Scott by even older looking. I had two maybe four hospital beds with clips for patient notes and the notes on the end was always worried about one as it looked like he was having a heart attack by the look of his chart. They had red bases and white frames. Bedside tables i think with vases of flowers on them too. Also a wheelchair and various different figures with different bandages on them and plaster castes for broken legs and arms. Your helicopter and fire engine look amazing Scott. Thanks for taking the time to post and triggering some happy memories.

Smile Like that about the notes making the patient look like they were having a heart attack poor fella it sounds pretty good, mine hada vase of flower and various bandages as well they were great fun never ahd a wheelchair but, we had crutches and the set came with a little TV and a Radio with either that set or another great looking accessories as I may have said pure design classics, I thikn my ward only had 1 bed but, it had a trolley with shelves that slid out and folded back into the main part of the trolley and bedside table with a little tray so you could put it across the bed. I'm glad you like my vehicles they're pretty cool they had a big crane as well but, that was £4.49 and I'd been spending a fair bit of money so I decided I'd better leave it and go back at a later date apparently there were about 4 or 5 vehicles there when my friend saw them before me so it makes you wonder what other treasures they had, hopefully should be getting a hose and some other bits for my Fire Engine soon bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bit of winter colour    Bit of winter colour  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bit of winter colour
Page 1 of 1