ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now

Go down 
+8
FIELD STATION 42
TNshooter
Porky
Professor Gangrene Fan
signalman
somekindajoe
Gunner Munro
RealSarahdactyl
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 1:15 pm

Most HQs I'd think must have a classifed dept.  here we have a plain looking wooden office door marked  SP 1
The other side of the door is clad with ½ in. steel plate incidentally.
Within is "special projects" ....this is our close to the front lines operation, for stuff that requires immediate attention, we have several other sites naturally..... inc. some lock ups under the railway arches somewhere in SE London previously ( ostensibly) trading as "Pete's Chop & Change Garage"

Anyway this week being attended to we have our very own Miss Valentinova, who after a mishap a couple of week ago needs arm replacement surgery. It was decided to go the whole hog here and replace both arms with far more functional articulated versions appropriate to her active combat roles. Also it was decided that her original legs, whilst attractive in themselves, lacked the required mobility, so these will be replaced as well.
A donor was procured at minimal cost from, i regret to say, the "dark web" and the upgrade is proceeding apace.
You may wonder about the presence of our friend Ginger.. He in fact as a very good "old school" mechanic and general engineer, is engaged by Special Projects at an extra 30 bob-a-week ( not appearing on his pay book of course Wink )  he's proved to be most reliable and discreet about his "extra duties"

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now IMG-20220819-123548-918
Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now IMG-20220819-123832-779

The destroyed "Borg" creature is also secured at S.P. awaiting analysis in due course, an expert from Manchester University and another from US Naval Intelligence are en route to participate on that job.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 2:08 pm

Sounds like a place full of fun Porky! So is it a straight swap for 'Miss Valentinova' or is she getting bionic legs??
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 2:21 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Sounds like a place full of fun Porky! So is it a straight swap for 'Miss Valentinova' or is she getting bionic legs??

Well they're not bionic as such, there's no super powers installed, but they're fully mobile as opposed the the originals which had a few painful sounding clicks of limited degrees movement at the knee and not much cop for your active partisan fighter type Smile

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 2:32 pm

super power legs hu. I’m very much looking forward to seeing these.

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 6:30 pm

The Robot King wrote:
super power legs hu. I’m very much looking forward to seeing these.
The CO is happy with your security clearance ( we are after all, outsourcing a  sensitive, erm..."cleansing" operation to one of your chaps Wink )
So for your eyes only, Miss V's new vastly improved pins.. As you see they're far more maneuverable than the previous stiff appendages...
Naturally when her bonce has been re-installed she'll only be appearing appropriately fully clothed..

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now IMG-20220819-182039-784

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now IMG-20220819-181919-226

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 8:26 pm

Enjoying the Valentina rebuild Porky...she should be back in the field , ready to repel any Borg or other such nare do wells at PHQ cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 8:37 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Enjoying the Valentina rebuild Porky...she should be back in the field , ready to repel any Borg or other such nare do wells at PHQ cheers cheers

She should be totally formidable as Miss V 2.0 Wink

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 10:14 pm

Liking this rebuild. You seem to have gotten a very fine match on the donor limbs Porky.

Are the two figures from the same line?

Kev.
Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 10:35 pm

Nice work Dr Porkenstein! That's a super cool hybrid. There is a guy at Men With Dolls his user name is "bitchin" I know he has done some cool hybrid mods on femal figures.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2022 11:34 pm

Thanks for the positive waves folks 👍
The donor for the arms and legs was an entirely different type figure, and though "form" wise they now look the part, it took a bit of "reverse engineering" to get them all to connect and work, good job Ginger is a top man with the big screwdriver !
The colour of the limbs is a bit off to say the least, but Miss V is not one for swanning about scantily clad anyway !
if I came across a suitable matching flesh colour model paint in a small rattle can I could i suppose give the limbs a blow over....but more concerned with getting the lady back in action really !

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
RealSarahdactyl
Action Sailor
RealSarahdactyl

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 4:49 am

I feel so dumb now, I had a bag of Very Cool bits.. or error body parts I chucked about a year back.

I'm not sure if you're interested Porky, but I have a nude female figure body I never used that if you like, you're welcome to.

I'm not sure what postage will be but I'd be willing to donate her to Dr Porkensteins lab.

My best guess is the manufacturer was trying to copy the Very Cool brand design.

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now 20220811

If you do take her on. I'd recommend dab of glue In the abkle hole to keep the feet in, but hold them upside down while it dries then the feets wont fall out but they will pivot on the blall joint.

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now 20220810

The one thing.. I have to find her hands.😬

Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2022 11:24 pm

Sounds great! I did have an idea for another female character as it happens.. I'll PM you
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 3:41 pm

I'll put this here although it's a follow on from my thread about 'dismantling cybermen'  it's appropriate here as it's currently being worked on by special projects  Wink

the cyberman isn't particularly meant to be dismantled obviously, the first inroads are via the plugged screws tho I suspect some of the joins are glued too, annoyingly, our first error was to try and slit one of the side joins in the curiass breastplate with a razor saw, this didnt do any damage that can't be rectified, it's a learning curve with this alien tech!
the subject being post mortem'ed is scrap really so can be destruction tested with no great loss.
The curiass was removed easily enough revealing how the under suit fabric joins at the back, this was cut open, as ripped anyway, more screws (rusty) opened the body releasing the arms and head assemblies ( we have a 'live' one in custody with a broken shoulder and may be able to use parts from this carcass )

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now DSCF3068

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now DSCF3070
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 4:06 pm

The armoured plates on the arms are secured thru the arm with a single screw, luckily not seam glued, it was easy enough to release the whole core arm.. if the 'live' specimen can be part stripped without (too much) damage the arm replacement is a likely 'goer' !

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now DSCF3076

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now DSCF3077

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gunner Munro
Arctic Explorer
Gunner Munro

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 4:10 pm

Verryyyy Interesting...I have a Cyberman myself....

Keep up the good work cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 4:24 pm

Gunner Munro wrote:
Verryyyy Interesting...I have a Cyberman myself....

Keep up the good work cheers cheers cheers

cheers GM.. it's what we do at Special Projects Wink
These Cybermen seem rather prone to damage, and very limited in range of movement.. which is fine for us if we ever have to engage in combat with 'em !
Speaking of which we are keen to have a proper look at the remains of the Borg that the lads brought in the other day, still waiting for the "experts" to turn up before we can begin..
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 5:15 pm

Porky wrote:
it's a learning curve with this alien tech!

It is indeed!

Thanks for the very informative thread! cheers

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Dreadnought
Dreadnought

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 8:40 pm

That's a great strip down Porky - not you, the Cyberman Very Happy .
Very interesting to see it. Keep it going.

Kev.
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2022 10:24 pm

We'll certainly keep you advised as we progress with our research..
Incidentally do any of you have a good tip for removing the plastic cover "plugs" that close the screw holes over ? We've just been rather brutally digging them out to start them with a blade point, if anyone has a good method of removal with minimal damage to the plug surface and the surrounding hole we'd be most grateful 👍
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2022 7:38 pm

An interesting development, it was noticed that the Cyberman undersuit,, which is shot thru with various wires and complex circuitry, previously inert, was now showing some quite detectable fluctuating voltage.. it cannot be coincidence that it has been stored up against some of the Borg parts / componentry, it is believed that some fluids from the latter may have come into contact with the suit and have initiated the re-action.
Normally such carelessness in storage would be unforgiveable, and un-scientific, but this is clearly one of those accidents that lead to discovery.
Miss Valentinova, who is still in the realm of S.P. recovering from her limb surgery, has very courageously volunteered to act as a test subject by donning the suit and participating in a series of experiments to assess the Cyberman tech and it's capabilities, we postulate the suit and associated equipment requires the addition of a living, biological element to function, should be most interesting...
Miss V seen here having just put the suit on for the first time and doing some initial tests....

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now DSCF3082-2gif upload site

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
signalman
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
signalman

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2022 2:43 pm

I was toying with the idea of replacing the cyberman body with something a bit more flexible. Looks a bit too complicated for me though.

Last edited by signalman on Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2022 2:55 pm

Okay I’m really liking seeing Miss Valentinova wearing shot thru with various wires and complex circuitry Cyberman undersuit and now has cyber cool hands. I’m very much looking forward to seeing Miss Valentinova carrying out experiments to assess the Cyberman tech and it's capabilities.

Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2022 7:30 pm

signalman wrote:
I was toying with the idea of replacing the cyberman body with something a bit more flexible. Looks a bit too complicated for me though.

I was thinking the same thing, I'd say it's doable tbh, If you just wanted a more mobile Cyberman then a generic 1/6 body would work fine I'd think as long as you didn't mind drilling holes in the limbs etc !
The "real" Cybermen were in facf very stiff and restricted in their movements as I recall though..
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2022 7:33 pm

The Robot King wrote:
Okay I’m really liking seeing Miss Valentinova wearing shot thru with various wires and complex circuitry Cyberman undersuit and now has cyber cool hands. I’m very much looking forward to seeing Miss Valentinova carrying out experiments to assess the Cyberman tech and it's capabilities.

Indeed, it's an interesting and unique opportunity to find out what makes them tick... And of course Miss V. is a very brave lady for volunteering....
Back to top Go down
Porky
Eagle Eyes
Porky

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2022 3:56 pm

Trials with the suit continue, we've added more of the components, particularly the 'armoured' element, these appear to be 'servo assisted' in a way, we think electro-magnetically..
we asked Miss V to try manipulating common objects, workshop tools for instance.. she reports the suit gives great strength and it's easy to over compensate, she also reports feeling 'emotionally drained' after a session, but interestingly she says after the suit is removed she is left with the feeling of 'strength' and 'lack of emotion'...

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now DSCF3212

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now DSCF3215
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now   Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Porkenstein's workshop: what's on the bench now
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next