ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Roswell Daily News

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Roswell Daily News Empty
PostSubject: Roswell Daily News   Roswell Daily News Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 10:49 pm

Last edited by Kimono Troop Command on Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:10 am; edited 3 times in total

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

Roswell Daily News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roswell Daily News   Roswell Daily News Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 11:11 pm

I just saw this on Flickr and have been commenting there.

This "newspaper" is impressively clever from a number of perspectives.

Extremely impressive is your overall grasp of the "news writing" style. It takes some skill to craft a "straight" informative news article. It takes even more talent to put together a pastiche or parody of a straight news story while maintaining the style of straight news. This is extremely well done from a humorous parody perspective.

The layout looks fantastic. The colors in the images really "pop" when the pix are set in the white page surrounded by contrasting text.

You've effectively summarized recent events as detailed in the "Rescue Laura - Parts I and II" topics and the most recent "Hidden in the Shadows" installments, portraying the events "accurately" as well as humorously.

You've managed to convey the personalities of the characters quoted in a manner consistent with how they have been portrayed in various chapters of the ongoing photo-story.

"ACME Middle School" cracked me up! Appropriate to the "vaguely Southwest" setting of both Kimono Troop Command and The Former SCU-HQ.

And the byline by Kenna Roswell totally cracked me up! What d'ya know? She actually has some journalistic talent... although credit must be extended to her "journalistic mentor."

Truly an impressive effort!

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Roswell Daily News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roswell Daily News   Roswell Daily News Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2022 11:25 pm

Thanks Dave. I just used one of the two newspaper templates in Comic Life. The Acme Middle School thing was part of the template, and thinking it funny, just left it in place instead of changing it.

I tried to be as true as possible to all the characters referred to, not just mine. Didn't get around to using the Dr. Evil pics yet, but I haven't done Page 3 yet either. Feel free to download, print in miniature and use the newspaper in a riposte, if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

Roswell Daily News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roswell Daily News   Roswell Daily News Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2022 8:30 am

I really enjoyed reading Roswell Daily News. The layout looks just like a newspaper and all very well spaced out too.

French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Roswell Daily News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roswell Daily News   Roswell Daily News Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2022 10:11 am

The Robot King wrote:
I really enjoyed reading Roswell Daily News. The layout looks just like a newspaper and all very well spaced out too.

It's all done using templates from Comic Life, Alex. Very easy to use. The hard part, is the creative element.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Roswell Daily News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roswell Daily News   Roswell Daily News Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 8:33 am

Very Happy  Excellent stuff Gary! I really enjoyed that.
Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

Roswell Daily News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roswell Daily News   Roswell Daily News Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2023 12:38 pm

It was just an experiment whose purpose was to unlock some of the power of Comic Life 3 we have never used. I had fun and will use this format from time to time and encourage others to use it tell quickie stories or recap what has happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roswell Daily News Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roswell Daily News   Roswell Daily News Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roswell Daily News
Page 1 of 1