ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer

Go down 
+4
TheOneManKid
inntruderr61
BAMComix
FIELD STATION 42
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Empty
PostSubject: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 3:13 pm

Here's Tom K HQ's almost all original Sea Adventurer. I swapped him for a PH talker with a buddy in the USA some years back, but he's been in storage since then. His flock is all original and the body is in great shape, apart from the hands, which had to be replaced.

Great looking rugged seafaring man's face - he did have an eyebrow touch up.
Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Pxl_2036
No bald patches in this flock.
Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Pxl_2038
Geyperman replacement KFGs on original wrist pegs.
Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Pxl_2037
Made in the USA.
Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Pxl_2030
Good clean elastic throughout.
Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Pxl_2032
Dressed in all vintage Sea Adventurer outfit.
Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Pxl_2033
Looking dapper up close.
Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Pxl_2034
Dressed in Tom K HQ standard issue uniform - ready to join the team.
Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Pxl_2031

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 4:43 pm

Nice! So the original flock was quite thick on these! I had forgotten what original flocking in good condition looked like.

I do not ever recall seeing a brown shoulder holster. All the ones my brothers and I had were black.

Sea Adventurer was my favorite among the Adventure Team figures.

TheOneManKid likes this post

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 5:02 pm

Great flock and looking very dapper indeed! cheers cheers

I'm just glad he'd put some clothes on by pic 6! lol!

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:

I do not ever recall seeing a brown shoulder holster. All the ones my brothers and I had were black.

As far as I can remember Action man only ever had the brown shoulder holster which came with the French Resistance uniform.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2023 7:26 pm

He is quite dapper indeed!

In the Joe series, if I'm correct, the French Resistance fighter had a brown shoulder holster,
as well as the 1969 adventurers. The "Adventures of" Joe series for the one year. They were
precursors for the Adventure Team that came out a year later, in 1970. I've only seen the Adventure
Team with black holsters, but that doesn't mean the first year of the AT might of had some of the
brown ones.

The adventurers and the aquanaut had painted hair, the AT had flocked hair. It's very hard to find
the uniforms for the 1969 figures, they are very rare.

The original commander uniform were left over Green Beret uniforms, or used the same tunic pattern.
They later dropped two of the pockets on his tunic for the rest of the run.

At least that was what I've heard. I can't say how true it is.

TheOneManKid and FIELD STATION 42 like this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 3:48 am

A page from James Desimone's collectors book. I've heard some say that's that it's not
completely accurate, but this is a page from his book. He was once honored by Hasbro as
being Joes number one fan.

Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer 69_pag10

It shows the adventurers with brown holsters, the aquanaut with a black holster.

The GI Joe collectors club did reproductions of the brown holster, as does Cotswold Collectibles/
Elite Brigade. but if you got it years ago, I assume it's vintage.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 6:54 am

Very nice Ralph!he looks fantastic!

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 9:43 am

TNshooter wrote:
A page from James Desimone's collectors book. I've heard some say that's that it's not
completely accurate, but this is a page from his book. He was once honored by Hasbro as
being Joes number one fan.

Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer 69_pag10

It shows the adventurers with brown holsters, the aquanaut with a black holster.

The GI Joe collectors club did reproductions of the brown holster, as does Cotswold Collectibles/
Elite Brigade. but if you got it years ago, I assume it's vintage.

The shoulder holster is definitely old and vintage... how old I have no idea. I have the Hasbro repro ones and they're made from a thinner and softer plastic. The brown ones are a lighter brown. If I could find a nice vintage black one, then that may make the outfit more accurate, but as you say I suspect there was a lot of drift on kit based on what was available. The black shoulder holster on the woodland camo outfit, is a Cotswold one, and if you look closely, you can see the design differences.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2023 10:37 am

Hi Ralph, I hope I didn't offend you.

It could be that was an early version that came with a left over adventurer holster.
And it could be your mate had an adventurer that came with the brown holster, and the one that
came with the figure had broken (which they often do) and replaced it with one that came
with a previous figure.

Either way, it's a rare piece. And that is a great figure!

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 1:36 pm

TNshooter wrote:
Hi Ralph, I hope I didn't offend you.

It could be that was an early version that came with a left over adventurer holster.
And it could be your mate had an adventurer that came with the brown holster, and the one that
came with the figure had broken (which they often do) and replaced it with one that came
with a previous figure.

Either way, it's a rare piece. And that is a great figure!

Nah... it's all good, it's interesting to share knowledge. I think the brown looks fine also, maybe a vintage black shoulder holster will show up one day. I've got him dressed in kitbashed winter kit at the moment, was hoping for snow to do some photos, but probably going to be next year now.

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 9:29 pm

Yes I myself would love to find a brown vintage shoulder holster in good shape like yours! cheers
Nice looking Sea Adventurer in his original uniform and he looks great in his Tom K HQ standard uniform!  cheers

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 7:14 pm

Finally got the snow photo... Heiko out on patrol duty this morning...  Very Happy

Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Pxl_2039

BAMComix and TNshooter like this post

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 7:25 pm

Great pic!

You're lucky to still have snow. Today's torrential rain has cleared it all down here. Sad

PS Are you sure that set came with the white SLR? lol! lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 9:12 pm

Snowtastic picture of Heiko out on patrol duty this morning.

Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 11:04 pm

Excellent outside photo somekindajoe , I'm a big fan of the outside photos. Looks like he's on lookout duties.
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 1:56 am

Great photo, the sprinkle of snow on his cap is a nice touch!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer   Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tom K HQ's Sea Adventurer
Page 1 of 1