ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.

Go down 
+2
Kimono Troop Command
TNshooter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Empty
PostSubject: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2023 10:54 pm

A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2711
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2710
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2709
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2708
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2706
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2707
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2701
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2702
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2699
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2700
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2698
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2696
A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Img_2697
Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 1:51 am

My first thought was that it is an ammunition box. Doing a search from the markings on the box,
I found this:

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/j-c-featonby-auctioneers-and-valuers/catalogue-id-srfe10246/lot-161129af-a1e4-4a17-ab50-acd40111f5e6

Scottish.Actionman. likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kimono Troop Command
French Resistance
Kimono Troop Command

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 12:22 pm

That is definitely an ammunition can that's been repainted and stenciled for use storing something else. I have many of these myself.

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 2:26 pm

Thank you very much for helping me with the knowledge and identification of my ammo box. Thanks Daryl and Kimono Troop command for your help. It is very much appreciated  cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 2:41 pm

Yes, this is an ammunition storage container.

The embossed "H82" refers to the style of ammunition box. The "1963" refers to the date the box itself was manufactured.

The H82 appears to have been used primarily by the British military.

These boxes were used for a variety of ammunition types over a period of decades, and remain popular as general purpose storage containers for civilian use.

Here is an interesting article about this type of box:  https://talesfromthesupplydepot.blog/2019/03/20/h82-7-62mm-ammunition-box/

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 3:17 pm

Excellent, thanks very much for article reference Dave. I'll have a look at it later. The weather is pretty decent for some outside photos.And I think I will have a go at a photo shoot, As I got a new a.m. trailer and a few bits yesterday - Trailer,  original vintage pilot flight helmet and some reproduction Action Team bits and pieces, mainly clothing.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 3:37 pm

Thats a cool item! cheers
Awesome!

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 7:16 pm

Thanks Dave ,
For the information and the link thingy.
I just managed to get to a page about the ammo box. 
And had a Waaaaaaw moment when I read the Basra soldiers comment. It was nice to hear that the ammo box did it's job.
Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 7:26 pm

Thanks everyone for your help with the ammo box.
I really appreciate it. And I am a little bit Waaaaaawed out.
It's been such a good thing for me, the Ammo forum and the very friendly and helpful people I have met so far. 
And It's been a real joy for me.
It's just my body that disagrees with me  most of the time:lol!: . 
I take the good with the bad days and roll with it the best I can ...
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2023 8:27 am

Fabulous pictures of your military guys with the ammunition storage container. The pictures of your guys putting it on their military trailer are just awesome. Thank you very much for sharing these pictures with us.

Back to top Go down
Scottish.Actionman.
Medic
Scottish.Actionman.

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2023 11:57 pm

Thanks Alex, I showed my friend that had given me the ammo box, the photos I had posted on Ammo and he was very impressed with the photos. He said it looked really cool and liked the way that the figures were pushing back the loaded trailer .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.   A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Gift from a very good friend.... Can anyone help me with what this may have been used for. I'm guessing it was used for ammunition.
Page 1 of 1