ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis

Go down 
+2
Professor Gangrene Fan
BAMComix
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Empty
PostSubject: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 2:45 pm

Clear GI Joe dressed in Captain Action Lone Ranger clothes set by Playing Mantis Suspect

Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis 101-0341

BAMComix and Scottish.Actionman. like this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 2:59 pm

Hi Yo, Silver!

Great to see some Captain Action action on the forum!

That's a nice outfit set!

I wonder why they went with a red shirt for this set? When The Lone Ranger TV show went with color, he wore a blue shirt. Did he wear red in the Black & White days? Or in comic books? Was it some kind of image licensing issue? I've been curious about the red shirt since I first saw this set.

Playing Mantis went with red because the original IDEAL Toys version was red back in the 1960s. Why did IDEAL use red rather than better-known blue?

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 3:01 pm

Brilliant stuff Ian, and fab to see you posting again! Love that bash, the horse too is superb! bounce

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 4:11 pm

Okay your GI Joe dressed in Captain Action Lone Ranger looks awesome and he looks like he needs his own tv show.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 4:18 pm

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:
Hi Yo, Silver!

Great to see some Captain Action action on the forum!

That's a nice outfit set!

I wonder why they went with a red shirt for this set? When The Lone Ranger TV show went with color, he wore a blue shirt. Did he wear red in the Black & White days? Or in comic books? Was it some kind of image licensing issue? I've been curious about the red shirt since I first saw this set.

Playing Mantis went with red because the original IDEAL Toys version was red back in the 1960s. Why did IDEAL use red rather than better-known blue?

Hi Dave Not sure why they did the red set as it's always been the light blue in the shows, but I'm pleased they did as it's an awsome set

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 4:22 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
Brilliant stuff Ian, and fab to see you posting again! Love that bash, the horse too is superb! bounce

Thank's Dal Its a set I got for my Playing Mantis CA but at the time I got it I had the Naked clear Joe at hand so I fitted him up with the set, the horse is a Modern one that I picked up I'm not sure what doll or figure it was from only I liked the articulation and posability with it

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 4:28 pm

The Toxic Robot Fan wrote:
Okay your GI Joe dressed in Captain Action Lone Ranger looks awesome and he looks like he needs his own tv show.

Thanks The Toxic Robot Fan and yes it would be good a TV show I did a photo of a race I set up between the lone Ranger racing Steve Austin Six Million Dollar Man I'll try and find it out Cheers Ian

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 4:34 pm

Hawkeye wrote:

Thanks The Toxic Robot Fan and yes it would be good a TV show I did a photo of a race I set up between the lone Ranger racing Steve Austin Six Million Dollar Man I'll try and find it out Cheers Ian

Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis 271712051-1162508364556351-1710345569435137855-n

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 5:22 pm

Now, there's a duo not to tangle with! bounce bounce bounce

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 5:51 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:

I agree with you Dal.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 10:45 pm

Hi Yo Silver away! cheers
Great shots! cheers

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2023 3:34 am

This is my impression, I can't say if it's right or wrong. If someone knows better, please let us know.

It's my impression that the Lone Ranger originally had the red tunic and black pants, as this cover
of a 1940's comic shows:

'Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Lone_r10

When and why it was changed to an all blue uniform, I don't know. I think the all blue was changed
before the old serials and movies.

My guess on the horse is that it is a Power Team/World Peacekeepers item? Does it have any markings
that say M&C Toys on it anywhere?

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2023 4:20 am

TNshooter wrote:

It's my impression that the Lone Ranger originally had the red tunic and black pants, as this cover
of a 1940's comic shows:

Thank you for tracking down that early illustration of The Lone Ranger! That totally explains the Captain Action uniform. The Captain Action version is actually more authentic, in that it represents the early, original look of the character as opposed to the 1950s-60s TV version.

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2023 11:09 am

FIELD STATION 42 wrote:

Thank you for tracking down that early illustration of The Lone Ranger! That totally explains the Captain Action uniform. The Captain Action version is actually more authentic, in that it represents the early, original look of the character as opposed to the 1950s-60s TV version.

Thanks Dave. But like I said, I'm not sure if it's true or not. If it is, I'm guessing the company that made it
was able to make that uniform for less money than other trademarks?

Hawkeye likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2023 7:21 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:

lol! lol! Yes and would proberly come last in a race with them haha Embarassed

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2023 7:22 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:

I agree with you Dal.

lol!

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2023 7:25 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Hi Yo Silver away! cheers
Great shots! cheers

Laughing Cheers mate cheers

Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2023 7:28 pm

TNshooter wrote:
This is my impression, I can't say if it's right or wrong. If someone knows better, please let us know.

of a 1940's comic shows:

'Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Lone_r10

When and why it was changed to an all blue uniform, I don't know. I think the all blue was changed
before the old serials and movies.

My guess on the horse is that it is a Power Team/World Peacekeepers item? Does it have any markings
that say M&C Toys on it anywhere?

Thanks for the info it makes sense and thank you for the great image Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis   Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clear GI Joe in Captain Action Lone Ranger Set by Playing Mantis
Page 1 of 1