ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Empty
PostSubject: Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set   Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 1:23 pm

I picked up this Joe a few years ago, it's the only "pinhead" Joe I have. I'm guessing this didn't
happen with Action Man. It's my understanding the first year of Joe had what is called a "gummy"
head, very pliable, you can squeeze the head between thumb and forefinger and it collapses, but
would resume its shape. Apparently there was a short period of time Hasbro used a different type
of plastic that in time would shrink, the head developed a point in the top. Those are what are
referred to as pinheads. After that the heads were referred to as "hard heads" which is the most common.

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Pinhea10

Considering vintage parts are hard to find here, the helmet, boots, web belt and canteen and cover
are reproductions from Cotswold/Elite Brigade. The uniform is vintage along with the figure.

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Pinhea11

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Pinhea12

I recently came across a mortar set I purchased some years ago, so I paired it with this Joe.

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Pinhea13

I've heard the chain and pin are hard to find. Luckily I got this one complete including three shells.

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Pinhea14

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Pinhea15

The mortar is spring loaded on the same principle as the gun on the 5-Star jeep, push the tab sideways after it's "cocked."

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Pinhea16

I don't know if Action Man had this set. Here across the pond the mortar came in the heavy weapons
set along with an M-60 and a flak vest for the Action Soldier. The mortar and M-60 were sold as
separate sets for the Action Marine. The flak vest is hard to find.

BAMComix likes this post

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set   Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 5:13 pm

Very smart Daryl! a great pick up!
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set   Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 5:46 pm

I’m liking the look of your Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Daryl. Photographed brilliantly.

TNshooter
Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set   Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2023 6:08 pm

Thanks Dal. cheers

Thanks Alexander. cheers

Chip
Deep Sea Diver
Chip

PostSubject: Re: Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set   Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2023 6:07 am

We do get those Gummy heads over hear , they are not over popular from what I can tell . I have seen photos in the past where those Pin heads have really shrunk down to half the size or more . We do get the Heavy weapons set here Daryl , it`s a great looking set . The Mortar and M.60 also came separately carded over here . Your figure is looking good , it`s nice to see the vintage figures get a look in on here .

Military Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set   Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2023 7:59 am

Thanks Chip. cheers

I wasn't sure if Action Man had this set, I've never seen one pictured.
Most collectors here don't like the pin heads.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set   Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe Action Soldier with Mortar Set
Page 1 of 1