ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.

Go down 
+11
Ddaydawson
Bond007ca
Sgt_Elias
TALLY HO
ak615
Reddragon
AManfromcoalville
BAMComix
Wolf_Soldier64
Rossini
brownboots
15 posters
AuthorMessage
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Empty
PostSubject: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:29 pm

Some more Re-paints I've been playing with.
First up another red head with slightly better brows in a vintage Gilbert Toys Man from UNCLE
jacket (it's getting crispier by the day!!)

60's Adventurer.
EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. EERepaint60s_zpsea5a348b

A grey haired Army(outfit thrown together) Soldier.
EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. EERepaintsoldier_zps87289475
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Looking great BB!! Starting to think EE look better painted than flocked.

Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 12:49 pm

awesome BB well done, great set of EEs with Painted heads Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:13 pm

Very smart BB, have you ever thought of doing them to sell ?
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:23 pm

cheers cheers cheers Not only majorly impressed with the actual paint work, but how you've got an EE to look so cool (ie NOT all googly-eyed) is beyond me!

Fantastico!
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 1:54 pm

Brilliant B.B, give's a completely new cool look to B.P's . Great stuff.

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 2:13 pm

Nice job!

Rick
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:11 pm

Class BB,love the 60`s chequerboard effect you got going on there.

Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Cheers! Thanks for all the feedback, I'm just glad you like em'! Very Happy I'll post some more piccies soon.
Any one tempted to attempt one? It's very rewarding to fix up battered figures....and these heads were pretty
messed up.
One quick question though, where can I source the screws to hold together an clamshell talker body?
I've tried a few, none of any use, the red haired figure with the Dragon arm's body is just taped together.
Any thoughts? I don't want to use a glue.
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:12 pm

both are cool
Back to top Go down
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:30 pm

brownboots wrote:
Cheers! Thanks for all the feedback, I'm just glad you like em'! Very Happy I'll post some more piccies soon.
Any one tempted to attempt one? It's very rewarding to fix up battered figures....and these heads were pretty
messed up.
One quick question though, where can I source the screws to hold together an clamshell talker body?
I've tried a few, none of any use, the red haired figure with the Dragon arm's body is just taped together.

Great looking mods fella, love the grey haired guy! I'm going to attempt one seeing as you started it.

On the screws, drop me a PM, I'm out on the road all week but pretty sure I've got some screws and the arm connection if you need some of those, I'll look on Monday for you.
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Sgt_Elias wrote:
brownboots wrote:
messed up.

Great looking mods fella, love the grey haired guy! I'm going to attempt one seeing as you started it.

On the screws, drop me a PM, I'm out on the road all week but pretty sure I've got some screws and the arm connection if you need some of those, I'll look on Monday for you.
Blinding, I'll do just that.
If you want to match the colour on the grey haired chap I used a revell acrylic called earth brown. The red haired guy's paint is Squig Orange from Games Workshop.
I cant wait to see your version Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Awesome work... They look awesome!!!

Cheers

Len

EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Bond0010
Back to top Go down
Ddaydawson
Painted Head
Ddaydawson

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:34 pm

If you had of told me that you were going to do that to the EE heads before I saw the pictures I would have said "no way that will look #hit". But to my suprise they look fantastic. Great job and nice choice of colours. They have come up really well.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:18 pm

More great work BB, they both look stunning mate.
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:26 am

Fantastic work BB , takes some getting used to looking at a PH with EE eyes lol...........Very different.

Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:35 am

Looking great BB Ive seen your paint jobs before and i know you always get excellent results Smile

This is one EE head even Ade would have in his collection

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Top work chap well done bounce
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks Dan, very kind. I'm about to embark on turning one of Taff's EE heads into a Man of Asia based on your original version so keep em' peeled for that. It's going to take a bit of graft but I feel confident I'll pull it off.
Thanks all for the feedback everyone, it does mean alot.
Can't wait to see Sgt Elias versions......get em' done!! Very Happy

....now back to the sanding, that flock won't come off by itself...it's not 40th! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:21 pm

LOL

Ive heard that Flocktastic uses Oven cleaner sprayed on the hair and puts them into a sealed Margerine tub overnight and then it comes off real easy im going to try this on one of my heads this week so ill let you know if thats an easy way to take off flock ??

If not im getting armed with the dremmell affraid
Back to top Go down
benny bee
New Recruit
benny bee

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 4:53 pm

I am definitely going to attempt a refurb like one of these - they look amazing - excellent work! A few questions though - do you have to use grey primer or can it be white? Do you re-paint the eyes too on the BP figures or do you cover the eyes up when you put the primer on, so they stay as they were? any other tips on how to make them look as good as yours? Very Happy

brownboots wrote:
Cheers! Thanks for all the feedback, I'm just glad you like em'! Very Happy  I'll post some more piccies soon.
messed up.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 4:59 pm

BB will point you in the right direction Banny! drop into chat after 7PM (bottom of the main page) and catch up with the man himself cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.   EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EE Re-paint v3-Red and grey.
Page 1 of 1