ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots

Go down 
+31
Gunner Munro
gibri
Glidah Drivah
ActionYankee
Professor Gangrene Fan
Jet-
Dreadnought
Beatlefan
BAMComix
Reddragon
thierry
Teckno Viking
BrandontheFigureFreak
TheOneManKid
Sparkys6887
clivvers
Wolf_Soldier64
ak615
inntruderr61
Rossini
Hawkeye
ghost recon
Captian action
blueboxier
TALLY HO
Walter1965
Bond007ca
Sparklebudgie
action bob
Ddaydawson
SJ7
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 7:58 pm

Wow, incredible pictures and really enjoyed reading the story though your Flickr Dal. Really looking forward to reading and looking at the pictures in the next load of pictures.

Let’s hope a team is going to meet them at the gates, another thing let’s hope Teegan and his traveling companion Charles make it safe while heading towards the gates and don’t get eating alive by dinosaurs before hand.

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 7:59 pm

Fantastic set-up Dal. Love the Bill the Butcher flocks!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 10:45 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Wow, incredible pictures and really enjoyed reading the story though your Flickr Dal. Really looking forward to reading and looking at the pictures in the next load of pictures.

Let’s hope a team is going to meet them at the gates, another thing let’s hope Teegan and his traveling companion Charles make it safe while heading towards the gates and don’t get eating alive by dinosaurs before hand.

Yes lets hope so! really pleased you enjoyed the pics Alex bounce
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 10:45 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Fantastic set-up Dal. Love the Bill the Butcher flocks!

Cheers Steve! lol @ Bill the butcher Laughing
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 10:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 10:50 pm

Fabulous pictures Dal.

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Great randoms, Dal!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 11:00 pm

Perfect posing, and those flocked heads really add so much more to the character of your figures.
Nice lighting too.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 12:59 am

Further adventures in Dinosaur Valley. Perhaps this outpost hut is beginning to feel like home to the steampunk chaps. Last I heard, they were making ready to depart. Instead, they've been joined by a most accomplished companion. I take it that the adventure, far from being over, is just beginning.

Marvelous crew! When I see them like this, I want to see the movie version!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 7:56 am

Thanks guys for the great comments! I found some more isolation board in my shed, so I made some broken walls, then wanted too see if I could build a larger dio. It was great fun to do.
What a great idea Dave, a film version of Lord Conan and his team off on some deadly and dangerous mission!
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Fantastic Dal !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenBAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 6:58 pm

Captian action wrote:
Fantastic Dal !

Thanks Jay! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 3:48 am

Dal, have you considered giving that wonderfully carved board a quick wash with some very thinned paint...maybe brown or grey? Then a wipe over to take it off the high areas?
I think it would emphasise the cracks and give it that aged look.
Just a thought!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 7:56 am

LeStryge wrote:
Dal, have you considered giving that wonderfully carved board a quick wash with some very thinned paint...maybe brown or grey? Then a wipe over to take it off the high areas?
I think it would emphasise the cracks and give it that aged look.
Just a thought!

I have mate, but I need to seal them first as the paint will just fall away. Sealing them is straight forward enough, just a mix of pva glue and paint. Sadly, at the moment, its on a very long list of jobs lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 8:03 am

Apologies for my ignorance but just what is it that you call "isolation board"?
It's not a term used here but I'm sure we know the same stuff as something else.

And that's got to be Barbies pet dinosaur that has escaped in that photo of your two intrepid explorers! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 9:20 am

LeStryge wrote:
It's not a term used here but I'm sure we know the same stuff as something else.

And that's got to be Barbies pet dinosaur that has escaped in that photo of your two intrepid explorers! lol! lol! lol!

No worries Barry, maybe its called foam board, its what people use to isolate walls, lofts and sheds. hope it helps
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2019 7:32 pm

LeStryge wrote:

Razz  I'm glad you asked, so I didn't have to! I've been wondering if it was a different term, too. I was on the cusp of asking the same question a few days ago.

Blondeactionman wrote:
No worries Barry, maybe its called foam board, its what people use to isolate walls, lofts and sheds. hope it helps

That's what I thought you meant. Here in the States it's called insulation board or insulation foam or insulation panels. However, isolation board is also a term used for a similar foam board product, used to create spaces between sections of poured concrete, and also used for acoustic purposes.

I have not been able to find that yellow colored foam board (isolation, insulation, whatever-o-lation) in the local building supply stores here. The purple type I've found in local building supply stores does not respond as well to "pencil carving." Although perhaps that has more to do with my "pencil carving" technique than it does with the foam board. I know I've seen blue and pink versions of the stuff as well, so I'll keep looking when I range further afield.

In the book Playing with Trains: A Passion Beyond Scale, author Sam Posey (a former professional racing car driver who is also a model railroad enthusiast) talks about using this material for creating the scenery in model railroad layouts.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:23 am

Superb photos Dal! cheers cheers cheers

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 7:59 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 8:03 am

NOW I know what that stuff is!
The centre is made out of a plastic air-filled foam, rather similar to what you can buy in aerosol cans used to fill gaps. Very easily carved.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 8:05 am

LeStryge wrote:
NOW I know what that stuff is!
The centre is made out of a plastic air-filled foam, rather similar to what you can buy in aerosol cans used to fill gaps. Very easily carved.

Cool! bounce It's fantastic stuff, but very messy work! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 8:10 am

Dal, I know I don't have to say this to you, but anyone here planning to use this stuff, PLEASE make sure you're wearing a good tight fitting face mask...ALWAYS!
That stuff makes very fine beads in the air as you carve that will clog your lungs, ...permanently! What a Face
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 8:59 am

LeStryge wrote:
Dal, I know I don't have to say this to you, but anyone here planning to use this stuff, PLEASE make sure you're wearing a good tight fitting face mask...ALWAYS!
That stuff makes very fine beads in the air as you carve that will clog your lungs, ...permanently! What a Face

yes indeed, safety first cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2019 9:50 am

These shots are taken from my next comic from BAM HQ, after the crossover comic is finished. I was experimenting with the brown crumpled paper effect again, the older the paper gets, the better it looks! bounce bounce bounce

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 48956545246_a65a149213_cHeading further into Dinosaur Valley by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 48956736557_684336a417_cConitinuing on..., by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots
Page 26 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next