ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Max Steel Website Link

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Max Steel Website Link Empty
PostSubject: Max Steel Website Link   Max Steel Website Link Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 6:36 am

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Max Steel Website Link   Max Steel Website Link Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Cool link Dal,

I joined that site ages ago but having problems trying to sign in again. There's some simple and cool 'Max Steel' arcade games to play on there, the background music is quite good whilst you play.

I hope the new range of Max Steel action figures are going to be 1/6 and fully articulated. The new baddie figures look nice and colourful, they remind me of Japanese Manga (Anime) which I like alot, I used to collect the films and comics back in the 90's... anyone for 'Lensman' & ' Robotech (Anime).

PostSubject: Re: Max Steel Website Link   Max Steel Website Link Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 4:54 pm

This toyline has nothing in common with the old Max Steele character, storyline or toyline. Its totally brand new. 

The original Max Steele toyline / cartoon etc had limited success in the UK / EU / Canadian markets BUT was a massive success in...Mexico...

So much so that Mattel Mexico continued the toyline right up to the present day with new toys being released year on year up until 2012 and made new cgi dvd films based on the character and his enemies. One was called 'X-Troyer'. The Mexico only toyline had Max Steele figures with moulded plastic outfits much like the later MAM figures. The line still was in 1/6 scale. 

Google it and you'll see. Mattel said it was their biggest selling boys toy product on the South American / Mexican market. I am surprised that Mattel have now decided to re-launch and re-design the brand so much so that it will scrap the Mexico only toys that have been carrying on the original brand since it ceased production / distribution in EU/UK/US/CA markets...
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Max Steel Website Link   Max Steel Website Link Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 am

It's a shame Mattel have scaled Max down to a smaller size and turned their back on the 1/6 scale toy market, but never mind, there's always plenty of 1/6 Max Steel figures to find and kitbash.
There's tons of 1/6 Max Steel figures in Barbie collections as her boyfriend, I've seen them before on Barbie forums/blogs. We must save as many as we can and get them kitbashed in army or adventuring gear.
Smile

DrDalek6
Eagle Eyes
DrDalek6

PostSubject: Re: Max Steel Website Link   Max Steel Website Link Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 10:59 am

clivvers wrote:
It's a shame Mattel have scaled Max down to a smaller size and turned their back on the 1/6 scale toy market, but never mind, there's always plenty of 1/6 Max Steel figures to find and kitbash.
There's tons of 1/6 Max Steel figures in Barbie collections as her boyfriend, I've seen them before on Barbie forums/blogs. We must save as many as we can and get them kitbashed in army or adventuring gear.
Smile

Gotta say I'm in agreement I've seen some of the new figures and I do prefer the old figures bodies but, I've said it before Max Steel has consistently maintained the same good level of articulation throughout their figures and the newer bodies do seem quite cool in their own way, it's always a pity when manufacturers choose to scale down figures. It was the Barbie comment which made me reply though I'm no big fan of Barbie but, if I were in her shoes I sure as heck know I'd be inclined to choose Max Steel or AM as a potential boyfriend over Ken afte rall he's got far better looks and articulation and is generally much cooler Surprised 
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Max Steel Website Link   Max Steel Website Link Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 5:17 pm

DrDalek6 wrote:
clivvers wrote:
Smile

Gotta say I'm in agreement I've seen some of the new figures and I do prefer the old figures bodies but, I've said it before Max Steel has consistently maintained the same good level of articulation throughout their figures and the newer bodies do seem quite cool in their own way, it's always a pity when manufacturers choose to scale down figures. It was the Barbie comment which made me reply though I'm no big fan of Barbie but, if I were in her shoes I sure as heck know I'd be inclined to choose Max Steel or AM as a potential boyfriend over Ken afte rall he's got far better looks and articulation and is generally much cooler Surprised   
Hi Scott,

Max Steel (Mattel) is definitely very cool, he is the perfect continuation of the classic 'Mark Strong' (Big Jim) action/adventure figure of the early 1970's.
You should try and get to some car boot sales, this is where you'll find most of the Max Steel figures, and for as little as only £0.50p, sometimes 20p Very Happy 
I'm trying to get some time to put my Max Steel post together, it is definitely on the cards, it's going to be very graphics intensive Wink 
Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Max Steel Website Link   Max Steel Website Link Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Max Steel Website Link
Page 1 of 1