ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CUSTOM ADVENTURE TEAM DESERT SURVIVAL

Go down 
AuthorMessage

CUSTOM ADVENTURE TEAM DESERT SURVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: CUSTOM ADVENTURE TEAM DESERT SURVIVAL   CUSTOM ADVENTURE TEAM DESERT SURVIVAL Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 3:25 pm

CUSTOM G.I.JOE ADVENTURE TEAM DESERT SURVIVAL

As someone of Sri Lankan heritage as a small boy, I often wished Palitoy had made an Asian Action Man like this. Even my late Mother agreed that had they done so, she'd have rather opted to buy one instead of the nominal Caucasian versions.

True, Hasbro did make a Negro Action Soldier, simply using the existing painted head original Joe molds and then later on in the 1970s introduced an all new mould with a likeness similar to that of disgraced American Football Star and Actor, O.J. Simpson.

Palitoy and Shildkrot as well as Ceji–Arbois and Geyper obtained the moulds too and created their own character out of it; Palitoy's being 'Tom Stone – The Coloured Commando'...

I never liked him. Still don't. To me, the original likeness of Joe / Action Man proves that simply altering the plastic colour and reflocking him creates a really good Asian likeness.

This doll was a 'Black Action Soldier' from the American only re–release from their commemorative 40th Anniversary Collection; I sent his head off, along with another identical one to be reflocked in the USA, one became bearded, the other clean shaven and was dressed in the Royal Marine Combat Outfit from the UK's 40th Anniversary Nostalgic Collection.

I am very pleased with the result; I only need a grey belt and a canteen with belt clip to complete this vintage outfit off.
Back to top Go down

CUSTOM ADVENTURE TEAM DESERT SURVIVAL Empty
PostSubject: Re: CUSTOM ADVENTURE TEAM DESERT SURVIVAL   CUSTOM ADVENTURE TEAM DESERT SURVIVAL Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 6:22 am

Cooooooooooool
Back to top Go down

CUSTOM ADVENTURE TEAM DESERT SURVIVAL
Page 1 of 1