ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training Day

Go down 
+16
blueboxier
Wolf_Soldier64
Reddragon
clivvers
Jet-
Sparkys6887
Bond007ca
TALLY HO
Danthecoat
somekindajoe
SlackElastic
peterodgers
BAMComix
Ddaydawson
Sparklebudgie
Beatlefan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Training Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:12 am

Great set of photos, wonderfully posed. Thanks for Sharing!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:28 am

Outstanding!!

A quality series of pics that really show of the figures and equipment. Great use of narrative to make the pictures flow too.

Suspect  ...so this is what you'd been up too then!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:23 am

fantastic pics lots of fun to be had with the training tower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:15 am

Just keeps getting better and better! Well done, a pleasure to follow it along!

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 9:51 am

I like the guy with the red devil jumpsuit. Easy kitbash but makes a totaly new character.
Great set of pics.

Applause.
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 1:14 pm

There is just so much going on in these pictures, and so many pictures to look at! This could have been brilliant as a shop window display - who could not buy an Action Man after seeing what they can do?!?!

Fantastic post!

Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Ahhh superb set of pictures Richard theres plenty to please the eyes in these beauty's Smile

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

You have worked hard it shows and was well worth it Smile
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 2:35 pm

great set up , great idea , I like the way one of the para's is looking up in the first picture
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Awesome Shots.... The Tower and Paras... Perfect...

Cheers

Len

Training Day - Page 2 Bond0010
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 3:56 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Outstanding!!

A quality series of pics that really show of the figures and equipment. Great use of narrative to make the pictures flow too.

Suspect  ...so this is what you'd been up too then!

I did give you a clue........Suspect Suspect 

Glad you like it mate.

Training Day - Page 2 Volgan10
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks for all the great comments guys, really makes it worthwhile!!!!

I've had the idea of this photo shoot for a while now, it was just a case of getting the time to do it! Laughing 

I wish I had something better for the background, could only find a spare roll of lining paper. The inspiration for it was all those hours spent pouring over the Equipment Manuals, wishing I had a load of figures to use to set up a large display like this.

The Red Devil jumpsuit bash came from some pictures posted a couple of years back. Tally, I'm sure it was you mate. You took Miss Tally Ho to an air display and posted some fantastic pics of the day and one of the pics had a fella dressed like it.

Thanks again everyone!!

Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Blooming Marvellous. Bally Brilliant. Totally Awesome. Weld done Richard!! :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Love these photos Beatlefan !!! The figures look great and nicely posed as well .
Did you get any fallers while you we're setting up ? They do like to faceplant themselves just as you are about to click that button on the camera .
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks Mark and Jet!

Surprisingly they all stayed in place for the pics Jet. My son had to help out with the zip wire pic. he had to hold the other end of the rope up to stop the figure half way down for his pic lol.

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:51 pm

This has only just shown up in my browser! ?

Superb setup Richard, I really enjoyed looking at these, that sort of setup is a worthy show diorama cheers cheers cheers 
The reissued 'basic soldier uniform' is excellent, sharp and crisp, I've got a couple of them on some of my vams, but replaced the 40th boots with vam ones, I've got a bundle of them.

I've not yet found a decent condition BS scarf, all the ones I've ever found at bootys were worn out and knackered, I aways bin them... The mint reissued ones are the only way to go now.
Top post, mate Very Happy

TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Beatlefan wrote:

The Red Devil jumpsuit bash came from some pictures posted a couple of years back. Tally, I'm sure it was you mate. You took Miss Tally Ho to an air display and posted some fantastic pics of the day and one of the pics had a fella dressed like it.

Thanks again everyone!!

miss tally ho 4 yrs ago , with a 1/1 scale red devil

Training Day - Page 2 Openday032
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Thanks for the very kind words Clive, much appreciated mate. The Basic Soldier outfit is so iconic to me, this version was the first figure I ever got waaaay back lol.

Thanks for posting that pic again Daz, quality mate. Four years ago?????????? Where do the years go?????

Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:48 pm

Don't know how I missed this thread, fantastic set of pictures Richard, really well put together. Very Happy

Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:50 pm

Thank you young Richard, much appreciated mate Very Happy

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Great photo, Tally

I'm sure I've seen the 'Red Devils' at a Biggin Hill air display about 12 years ago.

A short snippet from Wikeee..
The distinctive maroon beret of the Parachute Regiment was first worn by the men of the Regiment when it went into action in North Africa in November 1942. The officers and men of the 1st Parachute Brigade, wearing this beret, were nicknamed the "Red Devils" by their German adversaries because of the fact that they were covered in red dust from the area in which they had been fighting (not for the fact they wore the Maroon Beret).

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Some sources also claim that the "devil" epithet was also partially formed by the crotch riser of their Dennison Smocks hanging down between their legs like a tail! affraid 

Apparently this was quite common as the press studs that were supposed to hold the riser up out of the way frequently broke leaving the riser hanging tail-like. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 2:44 pm

WOW Richard, awesome set of Photos, really enjoyed looking over the Training Day, superb set of Soldiers and Para’s you have.

excellent Post thanks for sharing  Very Happy Very Happy:D

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 12:55 pm

I have just showned this post to my 7 years old son.
He said they are fabulous, mega fabulous, superb.  cheers  cheers  I agree with him.
You make him dream of new adventures with my VAMs.
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm

Didier wrote:
I have just showned this post to my 7 years old son.
He said they are fabulous, mega fabulous, superb.  cheers  cheers  I agree with him.
You make him dream of new adventures with my VAMs.
didier it makes me dream of new vam adventures also

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 6:55 pm

AweSome photos!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Day   Training Day - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training Day
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next