ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ever seen one of these before?

Go down 
+2
Sparklebudgie
brownboots
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

Ever seen one of these before? Empty
PostSubject: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:37 pm

Interesting, looks like a 30th head sculpt and the hands look like Cotswold grippers and no I haven't seen one like it before.

Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 5:44 pm

Winch has explained the history of this figure in another thread somewhere (can't remember which one).

Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Think winch said it was a cots head sculpt ???

I think its quite badly put together in my opinion Sad I wouldnt want it let alone for that money Sad

Far too expensive for a really badly kitbashed Falklands figure even the box is poorly done Sad

But each to their own Smile 
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm not sure that's a real figure. The box says 'Action Masks'. I think it's a rip off and someone is trying to get more money for just a basic AM figure.

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 7:00 pm

Cappy wrote:
Winch has explained the history of this figure in another thread somewhere (can't remember which one).
You'll find the information Cappy has mentioned here I'm still considering giving it a thread of it's own. The figure has been added by the seller as well as the SLR as these weren't included in the original set.
Danthecoat wrote:
I think its quite badly put together in my opinion Sad I wouldnt want it let alone for that money Sad

Far too expensive for a really badly kitbashed Falklands figure even the box is poorly done Sad
Perhaps a little harsh Dan? Crying or Very sad Myself and Barry Pippen were only discussing this item earlier today and it is almost 20 years old now and all hand made it's not just a "kitbash" since all the items were custom made.
Back to top Go down
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:11 am

I'd like to know more about it Winch, a small stand alone feature would be facinating.
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:05 am

I saw this on Auction but didn't know anything about it lol ..

Looks likes a very cool set!!

Cheers

Len

Ever seen one of these before? Bond0010
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:47 pm

Winch wrote:
Cappy wrote:
You'll find the information Cappy has mentioned here I'm still considering giving it a thread of it's own. The figure has been added by the seller as well as the SLR as these weren't included in the original set.
Danthecoat wrote:

Perhaps a little harsh Dan? Crying or Very sad Myself and Barry Pippen were only discussing this item earlier today and it is almost 20 years old now and all hand made it's not just a "kitbash" since all the items were custom made.
I think you should give it a thread of its own even if its just to let people know that it was all hand made which of course makes a difference to my comment.

If this was all hand done then you are correct my comments are harsh but theres very little information in the description to go by Sad

Therefore knowing the information now i will retract my comments and instead say "Poor description"

Neutral 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:54 pm

Who actually produced these ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:03 pm

OK I've now created a new thread about the history of this outfit and it's creator or as much as I can presently remember!

Check it out here
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:39 pm

I stand corrected! "Action Masks" just sounded like one of the knock off figures from years ago.

PostSubject: Re: Ever seen one of these before?   Ever seen one of these before? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever seen one of these before?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Vintage Action Man 1966 - 1984 :: Action Man Identity Requests & Books, Original Boxed Vam Items & Action Man Equipment Manuals-
Jump to: