ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Atomic Man rarity?

Go down 
+3
Sparkys6887
BAMComix
brownboots
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brownboots
Admin
brownboots

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:19 pm

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 4:57 pm

we were chatting about this guy on chat the other night. An original one, with original bag and tag are very rare and sought after, however, winch said that he had asked these questions and the seller could not confirm whether or not this was original Shocked Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Ummmmm suppose it would be fairly easy to mock up. I expect it'll fetch a fair amount though. And I really do need to pop into chat more often :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 6:21 pm

He's being upfront and honest about not being able to confirm details though, isn't he? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

If I understand this right, seller's not sure about the poly bag being original? And there is no badge on the overalls, so presumably the actual figure isn't necessarily the one that came in the bag, which leaves a lot of money for a header card?

Not criticising or having a pop at anybody who is after this at all - it's just a good reminder for us all to look closely at sales, because this isn't quite what you might think it is when you see that first pic of Atomic Man with coptor in a polybag

Crash Crew
Danthecoat

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 7:04 pm

AManfromcoalville wrote:

He's being upfront and honest about not being able to confirm details though, isn't he? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy   

If I understand this right, seller's not sure about the poly bag being original?  And there is no badge on the overalls, so presumably the actual figure isn't necessarily the one that came in the bag, which leaves a lot of money for a header card?

Not criticising or having a pop at anybody who is after this at all - it's just a good reminder for us all to look closely at sales, because this isn't quite what you might think it is when you see that first pic of Atomic Man with coptor in a polybag
Yep i agree

Its the header card that is original not the bag so your correct it is alot of money for the top card but thats rare enough in itself i suppose to warrant that sort of money i suppose.

£200 smackeroos affraid 
Back to top Go down

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:01 pm

HMMMMMM either they're not as rare as we thought or the buyer is trying to turn a quick profit!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111224868789

Or maybe it was a West Midlands exclusive? Or perhaps someone is printing header cards?

Different seller but only a few miles from the last seller!

Thoughts? Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Hmmmmmmm too :-). Is it possible that a box of unopened Atomic men from the end of the Pallitoy era exist? Much in the same was as ALL those talking space ranger torso's. Or is it more likely that with a decent print bob's your uncle and Fanny's your Aunt, or Fanny's your uncle and Bob's your aunt :-). I digress but I've often thought about the star scheme with today's technology more stars than sales would exist and Pallitoy would have been fleeced of all those tool boxes and Canadian Mounties!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:44 pm

went for £206 in the end

Shocked  missed by 5p  Sad Sad Sad

Last edited by Wolf_Soldier64 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Only Joking  lol! lol! lol! 

New Recruit
actionmancollector

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:08 am

These must be fairly easy to reproduce in this day and age, any of you tech savvy chaps fancy a new project?, I'll have a couple for a start!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Atomic Man rarity? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atomic Man rarity?   Atomic Man rarity? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atomic Man rarity?
Page 1 of 1