ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!

Go down 
+7
Joe90
inntruderr61
No Face Fan.
peterodgers
clivvers
Blondeactionman
BrandontheFigureFreak
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
No Face Fan.
No Face Fan.

My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:23 am

Brandon WOOOOW you have got one very large scary monsters collection my friend, I'm just glad that you have Van Helsing in your collection to slay all them monsters.

One scary monsters collection Brandon, I love it!

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:18 pm

tmull wrote:
Dang.........................You have some NICE Figures.............................  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Tony

Smile
Thanks a lot dude Smile

http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:19 pm

peterodgers wrote:
Great upload!  Amazing detail on those figures!  How do you sleep at night with all those monsters in the house?
Thanks a lot dude:) Yeah it can be sometimes affraid 

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:20 pm

Ackie88 wrote:
Brandon WOOOOW you have got one very large scary monsters collection my friend, I'm just glad that you have Van Helsing in your collection to slay all them monsters.

One scary monsters collection Brandon, I love it!
Thanks a lot dude, yes Van Helsing was a must! Thanks again dude Very Happy

inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:22 am

Wow Brandon! Fantastic collection of ghouls!  cheers 
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 4:31 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
Wow Brandon! Fantastic collection of ghouls!  cheers 

thanks a lot dude Smile

Joe90
Action Pilot
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 4:39 am

I missed this first time around. Nice set of figures. My favourites are The Creature, The Mummy, The Mole Man, and Metaluna. I loved those movies!

Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Mountaineer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:50 pm

bela as drac #1

Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:47 am

Joe90 wrote:
I missed this first time around.  Nice set of figures.  My favourites are The Creature, The Mummy, The Mole Man, and Metaluna.   I loved those movies!

thanks so much dude Smile

TNshooter
Armoured Car Commander
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:48 pm

That is a great collection!

I really like the small details that Sideshow did for those figures!

Back to top Go down
SCU_HQ
Admin
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 11:28 pm

I see that TNShooter has resurrected a topic from nearly a decade ago... and one that I had definitely missed! Shocked  So much awesomeness in one collection!

I has no idea that a London After Midnight Lon Chaney figure had been produced! How cool is that!

If Brandon pops in to reply, I'd be curious to know if he still has most of these figures in his collection.

Last edited by SCU_HQ on Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 5:20 am

Definitely a worthy thread to re-boot!

Amazing collection Brandon! I thought I knew all the Sideshow Monsters but clearly I didn't. Wow, was Sideshow ever productive in the early years.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 6:32 pm

TNshooter wrote:
That is a great collection!

I really like the small details that Sideshow did for those figures!

Thanks Daryl bounce Yes, Sideshow had some of best sculpting and details ever IMO. I just fell in love with these guys way back in the day about 20 years ago already Shocked

Thanks dude Very Happy

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 6:42 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
I see that TNShooter has resurrected a topic from nearly a decade ago... and one that I had definitely missed! Shocked  So much awesomeness in one collection!

I has no idea that a London After Midnight Lon Chaney figure had been produced! How cool is that!

If Brandon pops in to reply, I'd be curious to know if he still has most of these figures in his collection.

Yes SCU, I am replying, I can't believe that My topic has replies and talk about it after all of this time Shocked I had posted a lot of stuff that got little attention years back thus getting buried unfortunately. Rolling Eyes Is all anybody has to do really is just go to off topic and go to page 10 or so and walla, My stuff is there:)

Oh man, the LAM Vampire was one of the ones I fell in love with in the beginning and I had to start collecting these guys back in 2001 which was about 20 years ago this year and I collected them throughout the 2000s till Sideshow decided to end the line.

And yes, I still have ALL of them in storage, these are some of My most prized figures ever and I will never give them up Exclamation

TNshooter likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 6:56 pm

gibri wrote:
Definitely a worthy thread to re-boot!

Amazing collection Brandon! I thought I knew all the Sideshow Monsters but clearly I didn't. Wow, was Sideshow ever productive in the early years.

Thanks!

Indeed it is Smile Thanks, yeah Sideshow made a ton of great stuff back then and original things too in the 2000s. They were arguably My fave company at the time for many years next to McFarlane, Playmates, Mattel and Hasbro. This was when companies weren't trending off of each other and things were more affordable. What I mean is Sideshow followed suit like everybody else and getting the same old licenses that everybody else has and has been done and already made dozens upon dozens of times like Star Wars, DC & Marvel and Disney and so much more so when Sideshow quit "being" the company that "made them Sideshow" because of their great original stuff and then became more like everybody else and making things so unaffordable thus losing My interest in them and collecting action figures as a whole. I think about this a lot and its really pathetic that most of every thing is the same and it's downright insanely priced, I just find it deplorable.

Thanks again Very Happy

BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 7:06 pm

1 more thing about these. I have all the characters but not the variants. I regret not getting them in the past. Despite several versions of Frankenstein, he is the same monster just played by different actors. Originally The Creature was IMO at the time the only necessary one because he was so different but I did get The Mummy & Ardeth Bey because he was kinda like two different characters in the film so there's that.

As a side note, I do regret not getting the Twilight Zone and most of the classic 80s & 90s horror icons as well as some others Rolling Eyes

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 1:35 am

Yeah, 20 years is a long time. I had forgotten all about the Twilight Zone figures. At the time I was trying to keep down costs. Little did I know that the $35-$40 they were asking then would seem like a steal now.

These do crop up on eBay from time to time. I had completely given up on The Creature, but then found him on eBay for a reasonable price (don't remember exactly how much, but it wasn't too much) Also picked up the Hunchback for a reasonable cost and the Lon Chaney Jr. Frankenstein's Monster figure.

Still keeping my eyes open for the Mummy and the Bela as Frankenstein's monster figure...and Dwight Frye...etc...
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Deep Sea Diver
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 7:04 am

gibri wrote:
Yeah, 20 years is a long time. I had forgotten all about the Twilight Zone figures. At the time I was trying to keep down costs. Little did I know that the $35-$40 they were asking then would seem like a steal now.

These do crop up on eBay from time to time. I had completely given up on The Creature, but then found him on eBay for a reasonable price (don't remember exactly how much, but it wasn't too much) Also picked up the Hunchback for a reasonable cost and the Lon Chaney Jr. Frankenstein's Monster figure.

Still keeping my eyes open for the Mummy and the Bela as Frankenstein's monster figure...and Dwight Frye...etc...

Yes, I know, that is what I'm talking about. These guys were really cheap back (I really miss those times) then compared to this past decade/now. Same thing with the 80 & 90s priced figures (I really miss those times). How can anybody afford a small $25 Star Wars figure now and complete the series or a $150.00 + Sideshow figure or a $300 Hot Toys figure Question IMO It's insane Shocked

Cool that you got them, hopefully you can get the others that you need too as well. Thanks Gibri Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!   My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Sidehshow UNIVERSAL MONSTERS Collection!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Non-VAM and Other 1:6 Scale Figure Lines :: Other 1/6 Figure Collections-
Jump to: