ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"

Go down 
+3
inntruderr61
clivvers
Walter1965
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Walter1965
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Walter1965

TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Empty
PostSubject: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:23 pm

I have had nothing but problems since I picked up a windshield and windshield Base for my vintage Trouble Shooter...The day that it arrived I went to pop in the base and an inch and a have promptly broke off of the drivers side...Last night I went to put the windshield down and the rear clip driver side base clip broke as wll as the tip falling off the end of the windscreen......UN FIXABLE Mad   TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Pic-11282013-018Ya know,It's not like I am a thousand pound gorilla brutalizing it.....All I did was set the windscreen down....I am ripped....Compared to the softer vintage parts that are forgiving and some what pliable....the repros are just too hard....Last ones for me.. TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    7ikOLlb9OgbsYhPj4y3sQJYaHBuGh3lOB_0yQMO04oQ=w531-h398-noThe first time that I had a problem,I spoke to the seller and told them what happened...I was told that I should have widened the mounting holes.....Well my understanding was that the copies were made from a vintage windshield an base .Today I am bidding on a vintage set and am hoping to put this nightmare behind.....Bummed out in the States.....Walt
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Walts-16-figures-746793052029123/
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 7:57 pm

Sorry to hear you had problems Walter Sad 

We all know you're not ham-fisted, things like this happen all the time to the best of us. You've done some fantastic Joe repair work in the past. I know that vintage plastic dries out over time and becomes a bit brittle, but this is newer plastic? Some of the newer plastics can also be a bit brittle to work with.

If I had to do a repair job like this, I would use a hair dryer to make the plastic a bit more softer to work with, it should help minimise breakages. I've got some special SCX slot car oil that was formulated to be plastic/nylon friendly, It might have it's uses in Joe restoration work - ( vehicles )   Wink 

Good luck with your bidding Smile

Last edited by clivvers on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 1:15 pm

Sorry to hear about your mishap... Hopefully the vintage deal works
out better for you!
Back to top Go down
Walter1965
Walter1965

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 5:11 pm

Thank You MY FRIENDS!! I really appreciate you words of encouragement....I won the vintage wind screen base...$28.00 OUCH!!!!...The wind screen has two days left bid is @ $16.48....I just want to make one of my favorite vehicles complete....Cheers Walter
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 5:31 pm

best of luck Walter, I hope you land it my friend cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Good luck Walter
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeWed Dec 25, 2013 2:02 pm

Good luck Walter!
Back to top Go down
Walter1965
Walter1965

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks My Friends....I did win the auction and it has arrived....I need to pick up a whip antenna...I'm very Happy....Walter TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    NyoL1Y8tAQlQ3_zwBtMk4uvHEy0j5YCGdSD87TZDQwbr=w420-h451-noTS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    010_opt+%25282%2529
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 2:43 pm

well worth the wait Walt ! It looks awesome
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 3:45 pm

Yes, worth the wait Walt.
Very nice.

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:03 pm

very nice
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Great looking vehichle Walter!

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 5:15 pm

Looks great!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 pm

It looks really nice! I just love that striking orange colour!  cheers 

Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Awesome Walter great photos

PostSubject: Re: TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"    Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TS Reproduction Set "HUGE DISAPOINTMENT"
Page 1 of 1