ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate? Empty
PostSubject: Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate?   Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 3:57 pm

I've posted an ad in the wanted section for a tailgate, but as I still have the tailgate with the lugs broken off I wondered if anyone has ever had any success in repairing a lugless tailgate and if so how they did it.

If you've done the repair, or know of a thread on how to do it I'd be very interested.

Thanks

Paul

Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate?   Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 10:40 pm

Thought I'd reply even though this was years ago. I just used some model kit sprue and cut it to size on my Landy, it worked a treat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sgt_Elias
Admin
Sgt_Elias

PostSubject: Re: Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate?   Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi Paul,

I've had the same issue, probably like alot of us. I went with a donor, as I had bits of a busted up land rover, cut and shaped the plastic into square pegs, rounded off with sandpaper then glued onto the damaged tailgate.

Hope it helps
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate?   Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever repaired a Land Rover tailgate?
Page 1 of 1