ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Geyper Guys

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

My Geyper Guys Empty
PostSubject: My Geyper Guys   My Geyper Guys Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 5:02 am

I'm not a big Geyper Man collector and I've not been into the recent reissues so much as to spend a lot of money on the boxed figures being released.  However, I  have managed to put my own versions of these figures using a mixture of original Geyper pieces in my spares box as well as Geyper reissued pieces and VAM and 40th pieces.  

First is the Adventurer with the red sweater...

My Geyper Guys IMG_0234_zpsea8e1290

Sweater and pants are vintage Geyper, belt, holster and pistol are Geyper reissues, ammo belts and machine gun are VAM and boots are GI Joe 40th . All modelled on a 40th Action Man beardy...

My Geyper Guys IMG_0236_zps3253b737

Next the Adventurer with the yellow sweater...

My Geyper Guys IMG_0238_zps27a9ac64[/URL]

Sweater and pants are vintage Geyper, machete and pouch, belt, shoulder holster, pistol and boots are Geyper reissues. All modelled on a Wal Mart GI JOe Adventurer...

My Geyper Guys IMG_0240_zps36f156f8[/URL]

This is the Geyper basic figure that comes in a range of coloured jumpsuits...

My Geyper Guys IMG_0229_zps1937adb2[/URL]

Jumpsuit and signal flasher are vintage Geyper, shoulder holster, pistol and boots are Geyper reissues. All modelled on a 40th AM beardy...

My Geyper Guys IMG_0231_zpsf6289b16[/URL]

Next up was the Tank Soldier, one that I was tempted to buy until  I realised I had practically everything needed in my spares box to put together my own version...  

My Geyper Guys IMG_0225_zpsfc411b36

Jumpsuit is a Geyper original, holster, pistol an dboots are Geyper reissues.  Beret, grenades and scarf are AM 40th and belt, ammo pouches and headphones are VAM pieces.

My Geyper Guys IMG_0228_zpse181f2d6[/URL]

I also manged to get hold of a repro box for this guy...

My Geyper Guys IMG_0223_zps0e0c378e

This figure was Geyper's attempt to do a 2nd Royal Tank Regiment (Combat Dress) soldier.  The main details where they fell short were in the colour of the jumpsuit which should have been black instead of dark blue and the scarf which should have been yellow...

My Geyper Guys 2nd_RTR_Combat_Dress-1

Here is a kitbash I did based on the above illustration...

My Geyper Guys 2nd_RTR_Combat_Dress

My Geyper guys assembled...

My Geyper Guys IMG_0242_zpsd1686a5d

...and boxed...

My Geyper Guys IMG_0216_zps5655c9c6

I'm sure there will be more to follow.  Smile
Back to top Go down

My Geyper Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Geyper Guys   My Geyper Guys Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:26 am

the_pauley wrote:
This figure was Geyper's attempt to do a 2nd Royal Tank Regiment (Combat Dress) soldier.  The main details where they fell short were in the colour of the jumpsuit which should have been black instead of dark blue and the scarf which should have been yellow...

Not really. Geyper tried to represent the Spanish tanker of that age. In fact, it's the only figure (apart of the infamous SuperMan  Laughing ) of their own "design" in the entire GM line

My Geyper Guys 259px-Uniforme_antiguo_de_carrista
My Geyper Guys Carrista2

Spaish Foreign Legion tank crew
My Geyper Guys 38673849_15924716
Back to top Go down
Tof
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Tof

My Geyper Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Geyper Guys   My Geyper Guys Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:57 am

the tank pilot is really fantastic

http://forumdugroupactionjoe.xooit.fr/index.php
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

My Geyper Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Geyper Guys   My Geyper Guys Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 am

Next up was the Tank Soldier, one that I was tempted to buy until  I realised I had practically everything needed in my spares box to put together my own version...  

This figure was Geyper's attempt to do a 2nd Royal Tank Regiment (Combat Dress) soldier.  The main details where they fell short were in the colour of the jumpsuit which should have been black instead of dark blue and the scarf which should have been yellow [quote]

1rtr colour is red 2rtr's colour is saffron or yellow and  the gaiters should be black if you look at the gyper man figure he does wear the British Army Royal tank regiment badge ,which is a ww1 tank (mother)surrounded by laurel leaves with the words fear naught , the regimental colours of all battalions of the tank regiment are brown red and green ,through the mud through the blood to the green fields beyond nice kitbash by the way you are correct though that the overalls and belt are black

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenMy Geyper Guys G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
the_pauley
Eagle Eyes
the_pauley

My Geyper Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Geyper Guys   My Geyper Guys Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 pm

koenig wrote:

Not really. Geyper tried to represent the Spanish tanker of that age. In fact, it's the only figure (apart of the infamous SuperMan  Laughing ) of their own "design" in the entire GM line

If that's the case, then why does the beret on the Geyper figure have the Royal Tank Regiment insignia?
Back to top Go down

My Geyper Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Geyper Guys   My Geyper Guys Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 4:44 pm

the_pauley wrote:
If that's the case, then why does the beret on the Geyper figure have the Royal Tank Regiment insignia?

Very Happy  Very Happy  That's an easy one! Because it would had cost money in a new mold, and Geyper people NEVER imagined that a kid would recognize a particular military insignia. They sure didn't! For them it was simply a "Tanker insignia"
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

My Geyper Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Geyper Guys   My Geyper Guys Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Some nice snappy figures you have there, they look great  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Geyper Guys Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Geyper Guys   My Geyper Guys Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Geyper Guys
Page 1 of 1