ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Empire Jeep

Go down 
+7
zulu1
inntruderr61
clivvers
Wolf_Soldier64
BAMComix
blueboxier
Glidah Drivah
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Since I'm comparing the vehicle to Action Man and Joe Vehicles, I put this thread in both sections. Moderators, please feel free to move or delete this thread if it is in the wrong location.

One of the better KO vehicles that appeared in the 1970s was produced by Empire Toys out of North Carolina. While better known for their smaller scale superhero-themed vans and helicopters that were designed to go with Mego's lines, they also made a durable, if a tad underscale Jeep to go with Joe and Marx figures. In many ways, it is the American cousin of the Cherliea Jeep. I have one of these vehicles, and thought that I would show comparison pictures of this jeep with some better known Joe and AM vehicles.

Before I show the pics, I must thank Gordon of the Trenches for allowing me to use a few pics of his complete Army Combat Jeep. Gordon is the expert on these vehicles, and if you would like to know more about them, I HIGHLY recommend checking out this thread:
http://www.thetrenchesforum.com/showthread.php?15340-Empire-Jeeps&highlight=Empire+Jeep

Here are his pics:
Empire Jeep Empirejeep2_zpsdf37f3b2
Empire Jeep Empirejeep1_zpsd0baaf3f

Being produced from about 1973, this Jeep while technically a combat jeep, was a contemporary of the AT.
Check out those prices!

Empire Jeep Joespy_zpsc60c6e59

Yesterday, local collector Rick (Joeman) was nice enough to let me take a few pictures comparing my Empire Jeep to a few better known vehicles. Some of the pics use flash, some without. Any blurriness is entirely my fault.

First, the ATV and Standard Jeep:
Empire Jeep AM4_zps40fd1c3f
Empire Jeep AM1_zps5374bc87

How the Empire Jeep sizes up:
Empire Jeep AM5_zpsc294b521
Empire Jeep AM22_zps07a41ff2
Empire Jeep AM23_zpsaee55ef6
Empire Jeep AM18_zps1bc586b4
Empire Jeep AM15_zpscf28aadf
Empire Jeep AM12_zps231d1d88
Empire Jeep AM13_zps70525334
Empire Jeep AM9_zps5ef60cff
Empire Jeep AM8_zpsb08db7c1

I've placed my new AM in the Empire Jeep. It's not that big, so he can't get into too much trouble as he learns to drive on the opposite side of the road!

While a contemporary to the AT, this jeep was produced into the Super Joe era, which probably helped the legroom!

Empire Jeep Superjoerocket_zps3d039d72

I scored my jeep from an antique store a little over a year ago for under $20. Rick replaced the steering wheel; and now it's one of my favorite pieces! I hope that you enjoyed the pics!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:08 pm

a great score for under $20 its nice to see things from other countrys

Admin
BAMComix

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Fantastic thread Nate !!, looks like Action man had a great time at Rick's too. That jeep you have is very similar, if not the same to the Cherilea jeep we had in the UK, In fact as a kid, the Cherilea was the first vehicle I remember getting one Christmas for my Action men !!.

I really enjoyed your thread mate, great upload  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:48 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
Fantastic thread Nate !!,  looks like Action man had a great time at Rick's too. That jeep you have is very similar, if not the same to the Cherilea jeep we had in the UK, In fact as a kid, the Cherilea was the first vehicle I remember getting one Christmas for my Action men !!.

I really enjoyed your thread mate, great upload  cheers 

The one major difference is that the Empire Jeep' s hood (bonnet) does not open.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:50 pm

still, it is a very cool vehicle Nate
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 5:44 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
still, it is a very cool vehicle Nate

It's one of my favorite Joe pieces!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 7:50 pm

Awesome thread, Nate  Very Happy nice insight into the Jeeps, excellent collection of vehicles  Very Happy 

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:08 pm

Here's the Madelman Jeep, a nearly exact copy of the GI Joe 5 star Jeep, but for the Madelman 7" figures

Empire Jeep 13987343
Empire Jeep 16549599
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:39 pm

koenig wrote:
Here's the Madelman Jeep, a nearly exact copy of the GI Joe 5 star Jeep, but for the Madelman 7" figures

Empire Jeep 13987343
Empire Jeep 16549599

Do you have pics of the figures from this line?

-Nate
Back to top Go down

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 8:48 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Do you have pics of the figures from this line?

Sure! Give me a few minutes and I'll post some pics of a Madelman diorama
Back to top Go down

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 9:03 pm

Empire Jeep Benidio05
Empire Jeep Benadio02
Empire Jeep Benadio03
Empire Jeep Benadio04
Empire Jeep Benadio11
Empire Jeep Benadio13
Empire Jeep Benadio15

Back to top Go down

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 11:38 pm

great pics
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:39 am

Nice looking jeep, Nate  Smile 

Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:46 am

koenig wrote:
Empire Jeep Benidio05
Empire Jeep Benadio02
Empire Jeep Benadio03
Empire Jeep Benadio04
Empire Jeep Benadio11
Empire Jeep Benadio13
Empire Jeep Benadio15

Wow! Amazing display! That's one of the things that I love about this site! Not only is there plentiful information and pictures of Action figure lines that I know of (if only a little) like Action Man, Geyperman and the rest of Joe's cousins, but I also find out about action figure lines that I have never heard of before!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:04 am

Wow! Great thread!  cheers 

Admin
BAMComix

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:26 am

superb stuff !! the maddel man line was great !
Back to top Go down
zulu1
Painted Head
zulu1

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 10:47 am

Nice posts gentlemen!
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:15 am

Awesome Photos of maddel man excellent upload  Very Happy 

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 4:22 am

Those Madel figures and vehicles are great. Apparently they were made from 1968-83; nearly simultaneous as Action Man. I knew Spain had a great Action figure line in Geyperman; now I find out there were two!

-Nate
Back to top Go down

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:01 am

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Apparently they were made from 1968-83; nearly simultaneous as Action Man. I knew Spain had a great Action figure line in Geyperman;  now I find out there were two!

You're right. although "inspired" by GI Joe and AM, Madelman were unique in design and solutions. Ironically, in Spain Geyper Man was perceived as a "copy" of Madelman, because he was released later. Even Geyper decided some models depending of his similarity with Madelman sets. The Military Police is an example, they decided for the Tan Airborne Joe version -with white belt and helmet- because it was very similar to the Madelman version (as you can see in my above pics)

If there's enough interest I can open a thread about Madelman. Let me know!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 9:30 am

It would make a great thread mate !, if you want to start one, and enough interest drop me a pm, maybe he could have his own section?
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:12 pm

The plot thickens... (at least for this Yank!) Apparently Palitoy released a version of Madel Man in 1973 that they called "Little Big Man"!

Empire Jeep Madel2_zps49be29be
Empire Jeep Madel1_zpsb59cb22d

That Range Rover is much cooler than the Big Jim version!

Apologies if this is common knowledge over there.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:16 pm

I remember those guys !! I never had any tho  Sad 
Back to top Go down

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:29 pm

They were a bad unlincensed copy of Madelman. Not Palitoy finest hour quality-wise...  Crying or Very sad 

I'll start soon a thread about the guys! Where do I start it Dal?  What a Face 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 5:31 pm

if you drop me a pm, we can sort something out  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Empire Jeep Empty
PostSubject: Re: Empire Jeep   Empire Jeep Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empire Jeep
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next